Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:28 am

i dunno, it seems to much like chase hq i used to play on my atari st Shocked

it will probably work best on xbox live cops & robbers style Smile

i have just been emailed to say that Far Cry 2 is on its way bounce

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:17 am

Right well, I can already cross off one of those games on my list.

Moto GP 08 for Xbox 360.

This game is class so far. You get to race 125, 250 and moto gp again. The night race at Qatar is something special as well and the makers have the shadows from the spotlights -spot on.

Plus with the 125's It's not just the top Twenty riders either, It's the full 35 starters (No wildcard entries) and to start your career you have to pick one of the back markers and progress.

The handling is a lot easier to get used to then the Moto GP 06 and Moto GP 07, as those where done by THQ.

If anyone is looking for a new bike game then this is the one to choose.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:07 am

GT5 Prologue has 3 new cars Ferrari,Lotus and The citreon GT car! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:30 pm

on motogp 08 does the camera swing around. i have motogp3 or 06 i found that then i turn left the camera view would swing away to the right does that still happen. i should add i tend to use the exterior view it's a seasickness thing and it killed the game dead in less than 20 minutes for me What a Face Question Question
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:04 pm

I haven't really took much notice, Not that I've noticed it anyway. On bike games I prefer having the camera as far behind the bike as possible I don't know why. Where as in cars I prefer the cockpit view.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:13 pm

thank you, it sounds like it might be worth a little research Basketball
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:11 pm

I brought Midnight Club Lost Angles yesterday for PS3; I have played a bit of it today. Here are my first impressions:

First of all, I brought this game because I wanted a new game, and was impressed with what I heard about Los Angles – so I took the plunge. Initially at least, I am likening the game a lot. There is the usual storyline tedium associated with street racing, you know the one. You’re a rookie, all the characters underestimate you, and then you slowly work your way up by beating them all. That aspect has not impressed me too much; it is hardly an original concept. However thankfully, the game doesn’t concentrate too much on the storyline so far – I think the developers just added it as a fashion feature.

At the moment I have a Nissan Silvia, which is good fun. You can get the tail out quite easily, and it is powerful enough. The latter I did not expect, most driving games of this type deliberately make your start up car feel really slow and crap.

The gameplay is decent, and a bit realistic. I mean on games like Need for Speed, you only needed to touch the directional buttons and the car will turn into a corner. But with Midnight Club, you actually need to use some effort to turn in – by steering more. That is what happens with a real car, so the developers add a bit of realism – refreshing. I get the sense that Midnight Club is more aimed at driving, rather than tarting up your car with a million different accessories. So far, it certainly feels that way.

Being a street racing game, of course their has to be a customisation shop (cough cough). Thankfully though, there are not too many options here. I mean compared to Need for Speed, Midnight’s Clubs customisation shop looks basic in comparison. But I think that is a good thing, trying to differentiate itself from it’s rivals.

The races are quite easy so far, but I suspect they will get harder. I am looking forward to unlocking the exotica that the game offers, with Lamborghini’s, Mercedes-Benz, Audi’s and other prestigious brands.

I would get the new Need for Speed Undercover when it comes out, what is the difference from the others? You get chased by hundreds of police, but they already did that in NFS Carbon. I am likening Midnight a lot so far.

I wouldn’t want to confuse you; Midnight Club is still very much based around customising your car – but more scaled down. Need for Speed just needs to go back to its roots, open country roads riving exotica like Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s etc. Not on a million different front bumper options, and ultimately, the gameplay suffers – having experienced playing nearly every NFS game.

To summarise so far:

Good points:

- good graphics
- good gameplay
- impressive realism for this type of game
- fun handling
- not many modes which are pointless, for example ‘freestyle’ or ‘chase’ which you see in some games. ZZZZZZZZ, just give me the car and lets go racing thanks

Bad points:

- A storyline, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. No thanks
- The option menus can be annoying. For instance, I wanted to edit the controller settings (for me, x must be accelerate, and square must be brake). The game made a meal out of nothing; I have done that with plenty of games without any hassle.

So far, I like it. But that does not mean I will like the game when I have finished with it…

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:01 am

i picked midnight club up today not played it yet though, i had fable 2 & far cry 2 arrive the other day & i have the james bond one coming this friday affraid its a games over load Razz

i just like the idea of driving at 200mph in my lime green Lambo along Mullholland drive agile

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:05 am

James Bond....I may have to look into that.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:18 am

Sav 22 wrote:
James Bond....I may have to look into that.

affraid you haven't heard about it ???

it uses the call of duty 4 engine w00t

trailer

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:23 am

Hmm, do you get to drive the Aston?

Their was a Bond game on PS1, and it was all about driving. It was quite crap, but the idea was good.

The game looks good though.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:03 am

Sav 22 wrote:
Hmm, do you get to drive the Aston?

Their was a Bond game on PS1, and it was all about driving. It was quite crap, but the idea was good.

The game looks good though.

drive the aston, hmmm i don't know i doubt it though Sad but maybe Smile

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:13 am

There are so many new games out for Christmas it's hard to keep up.
Until of finished with Moto GP 08 which may take a while I think the only games I will get are Call of Duty 5 and Tomb raider underworld. Hopefully have them completed, ready for Race pro in January.

That James Bond game does like rather good for a change though.
Back to top Go down
ST3Matt
Wheel Man

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:57 am

Just waiting for the V8 supercar stuff to arrive as DLC for Grid on the 360... Im that excited id even pay for it
Back to top Go down
http://www.autosport.com
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:58 am

had a play with midnight club & its very good, but i have only been driving in the dark so far Suspect so i cannot really comment on the detail yet but i have won a few races Smile however i have been arrested twice by the cops Mad as my crummy Volkswagen Scirocco is to slow to outrun them Sad

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:30 pm

Volkswagen Scirocco? Isn't it the Golf?

My car is Nissan Silvia, its ace. Compared to the Lambo's its ver slow, but you can get the tail out easily. Very Happy I tried the old Golf, and found it extremely boring.

I want a game to come out on PS3 with DTM and V8 Supercars. Toca used to have those. Sad

Back to top Go down
Glenn
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:33 pm

rFactor has them Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrracing.net
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:21 am

Yeah well, I don't think I'll be buying another Playstation system again - poor choice of racing games. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 am

as always glenn you speak the only real truth

although not my choice of game it's is still far superior the gran turismos and toca of this world.
Back to top Go down
Glenn
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:35 am

Dave, there is nothing wrong with the GTR\GTL series, I have all 3, but I just don't get time to drive them all. rFactor 2 is rumoured to be released sometime next year, hopefully ISI will have learned from what Simbin did with the game engine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrracing.net
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:52 am

i hope so too. for gtr was how i got into proper sims (partly thanks to martin haven actually without whom i woundn't have heard of it.) I have no shame when it comes to plugging it. GTR2 best game ever.

Even so I will happily recomed rfactor even if it's my second choice. Anything that gets people playing sims is good in my book.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:08 am

What's wrong with the best of both?

I have Gtr, Gtr2 Gt legends, Race 07, Rfactor and Rfactor special edition and I love playing these but I also like the pick up and play games on the consoles.

I only find the games on xbox360 better as I can play online alot easier with my mates on that then getting them to upgrade their Pc's to play the better racing games.

Gran Turismo fanboys do need to wake up and see that Sony are ripping them off.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:18 am

Sav 22 wrote:
Volkswagen Scirocco? Isn't it the Golf?

My car is Nissan Silvia, its ace. Compared to the Lambo's its ver slow, but you can get the tail out easily. Very Happy I tried the old Golf, and found it extremely boring.

I want a game to come out on PS3 with DTM and V8 Supercars. Toca used to have those. Sad

no, at the start there are 3 cars you can choose from one they are in this order left to right;
vw scirocco | nissan silvia | volkswagen golf

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:55 am

Steven_85 wrote:
What's wrong with the best of both?

I have Gtr, Gtr2 Gt legends, Race 07, Rfactor and Rfactor special edition and I love playing these but I also like the pick up and play games on the consoles.

I only find the games on xbox360 better as I can play online alot easier with my mates on that then getting them to upgrade their Pc's to play the better racing games.

Gran Turismo fanboys do need to wake up and see that Sony are ripping them off.

I suspect your right, I did spend a little time going back to gran turismo 4 is this case eariler this year but I found it so lifeless and oddly difficult to control. A slightly odd thing to say but I found the handling really quite random.

As for plugging gtr2, rfactor someone should jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sisko
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 am

but the sirocco is basically a golf as far as im aware
i do quite enjoy gt, although was slightly disappointed with gt4, if gt5 has more than 6 cars per race, preferably 20+ or more for the endurance races, and decent ai i'll be over joyed, will probably get it anyway tho

im entertaining the idea of getting a 360 soon, and getting forza and pgr as far as the racing games go, good lot of other games im interested in, but a good few of them are also on ps3 so no idea, got a few other things i want to spend money on so not too sure, will see how things go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New racing games   

Back to top Go down

New racing games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next