Share | 

Silverstone sold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Silverstone sold   Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:51 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/exclusive-silverstone-sold--paving-way-for-redevelopment-at-home-of-british-grand-prix-8771357.html

Houses start construction Monday?

I might be reading to much into the title without reading the rest of the article.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone sold   Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 am

This sounds like a good solution for the BRDC. They get to pay off the debt that was incurred by upgrading Silverstone, whilst handing ownership to a much wealthier group who can afford to pay for a Formula 1 race and invest in the circuit.

Although the BRDC is a rich club, one got the sense that the level of investment required for capital projects and sheer cost of promoting the F1 race got too much for BRDC.

Jackie Stewart’s refusal to upgrade Silverstone’s facilities was very silly when he was BRDC president. Damon Hill saw sense and got into the 21st century.

Jackie Stewart – the man who initially refused to payback a fee of £24 million from RBS. This was taxpayer’s money.

I hope the demand will be sufficient to justify a “business” park, hotels and a university.

Silverstone is far away from urban area, so who exactly will use these facilities apart from when motor racing takes place? The level of activity between Monday – Friday will determine the success of things like hotel’s and business parks.

I was at Silverstone only last month, and the new university was being built near Copse.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk

Silverstone sold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1