Share | 

2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:28 am

pity there is no smelly-vision, the smell of the rubber & petrol fumes mixed with the smell of BBQ's & burgers must be amazing love

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 am

just had a mention catcatcatcatcatcatcatcat
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:23 am

cool Smile

I have been tweeting them with questions but they have not mentioned me Sad

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 am

We are into Sunday! Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:19 am

I promised not to bring pritt stick up again but it may have just reared its foul sticky head i'm sorry, as for the racing its good going i'm hoping for a Toyota win
Back to top Go down
Cornish Pirate 7
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:06 pm

half way  catcatcatcatcatcat
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:32 pm

completely F@&ked!!! So tired!

Why I decided to stay up not good lol
Back to top Go down
Cornish Pirate 7
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:47 pm

MotorracingP wrote:
completely F@&ked!!! So tired!

Why I decided to stay up not good lol
catcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcatcat
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Still going though, I should last it out but I just still moan about it!
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:22 pm

and I've been listening to it on facebook and twitter all night long lol!stupid

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Stop moaning Wink funky
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Is this technically good morning or good evening folks?

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:19 pm

I say it's the morning...especially now. Laughing

Good morning all, I really didn't want to go to sleep, as I feared I missed a lot. It seems so with heavy rain and more Safety Car periods. 

I found this very telling:

Quote :
Talking of that barrier repair, AUTOSPORT has just learned that more than 50 individual guard rails have now been replaced at Le Mans this week.

http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/604

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 pm

I've had a bit of sleep got radio le mans on as i've found it rather good, i've also got WEC site on for the positions and i'm glad to see the Signatech Alpine still going well least its not crashed or just packed in, can't see Toyota winning this now think it's Audi #2 for the win, also a great comeback from the #1 car
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm

I had to go to sleep. Felt so awful 

Back for the last two hours!
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:09 pm

raining again, may be a close finish.

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 pm

#2 will meet gravel before the end, prediction.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Pirate 7
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 am

We a great day for AUDI, but sad in other ways,  At one time/years ago  death was at every race, how we have progressed with safety
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:51 am

It was great to see Simonson being respected in such a way on the podium. 

It was an extraordinary race. The strange number of accidents, sudden downpours and close battles meant there was not a dull moment. From Wednesday qualifying, it has been a chaotic event. Excluding Simonson's fatal and extremely saddening crash, this has been the most exciting Le Mans 24 Hours for me. 

It wasn’t too surprising to see the Toyota’s dry weather deficit to Audi. Audi dominated at Silverstone and Spa. However, Le Mans revealed that the Toyota is better in wet conditions. 

Porsche will further enhance LMP1 in 2014. Whilst it was great to see Toyota push Audi, LMP1 does need a few more entrants fighting for ultimate victory. 

GTE Pro was nose-to-tail from almost start-to-finish; the final Safety Car period badly affected the leading Aston. The ACO really ought to review the 3-Safety Car procedure; it yet again cost positions and screwed battles. One Safety Car is fine. 

For a new car, the 92 team performed excellently. The 991 RSR look superb – I want the 92 car in diecast…

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 am

The last hour was however ruined by the safety cars. 

Sad race and I hope that the barriers are up graded to something like the tech pro Barriers used in f1 for 2014, plus better Armco and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:46 pm

There is no doubt that tech pro barriers soften blows and dissipate energy. It is the road course equivalent of the SAFER barrier. However, I am wary of how easily a tech pro barrier gets dismantled as well.

When Maldonado crashed in Monaco, the tech pro barrier literally came apart. I seriously doubt that the barrier was incorrectly installed. There might be a price to pay for such a soft barrier.

There have been SAFER barriers installed at road courses. Watkins Glen has a couple of SAFER barriers. SAFER barriers have taken massive hits on ovals but not crumbled, whilst also softening the impact.

Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:47 am

The problem wasn't really the barrier (in Simonsens case) It was the fact there was a tree so close to the barrier that the barrier hit the tree and stopped moving, and of course the tree isn't going to move sadly.

The other barriers however need to be sorted out, a crazy amount were replaced. I have read 50 were replaced over the whole week, which is staggering to think of.

I can see they will have a barrier that goes across from where the circuit is closed off at Tetre Rouge and run along the line of the circuit instead of having the area for safety vehicles and the big space that Allan went into.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:54 am

24 wrote:
The problem wasn't really the barrier (in Simonsens case) It was the fact there was a tree so close to the barrier that the barrier hit the tree and stopped moving, and of course the tree isn't going to move sadly.

The other barriers however need to be sorted out, a crazy amount were replaced. I have read 50 were replaced over the whole week, which is staggering to think of.

I can see they will have a barrier that goes across from where the circuit is closed off at Tetre Rouge and run along the line of the circuit instead of having the area for safety vehicles and the big space that Allan went into.
Has that been confirmed as the cause?

Even so, some serious changes to the barriers are required. There was far too many red flags and safety car periods.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:59 am

Petronas Syntium wrote:
There is no doubt that tech pro barriers soften blows and dissipate energy. It is the road course equivalent of the SAFER barrier. However, I am wary of how easily a tech pro barrier gets dismantled as well.

When Maldonado crashed in Monaco, the tech pro barrier literally came apart. I seriously doubt that the barrier was incorrectly installed. There might be a price to pay for such a soft barrier.

There have been SAFER barriers installed at road courses. Watkins Glen has a couple of SAFER barriers. SAFER barriers have taken massive hits on ovals but not crumbled, whilst also softening the impact.
Most of the barriers are temporary and there for a concrete safer barrier wouldn't be viable.
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:18 am

I read it somewhere that this was the idea of what happened, also when you listen to the interview Ollie Gavin gives when he gets out of the car, he states that there was bark from a tree. Then there are some pictures of some Danish flags at the spot where Allan hit and you can clearly see that there is a tree just to the right of where he hit. This tree is right up against the barrier

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread   

Back to top Go down

2013 Le Mans qualifying and race thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next