Share | 

Gran Turismo 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Gran Turismo 6   Thu May 16, 2013 9:45 am

All the details here: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-revealed-trailer-screenshots-first-details/

It does look superb. I've been playing GT5 a lot lately, and become rather fond of it. If GT6 can tidy up some areas of GT5, it will be a great game.

It is particularly telling that the release shots have mainly shown European/American cars i.e. the cars that people want - not Japanese duplicates. Razz

That SLS GT3 is going to be amazing to try.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Thu May 16, 2013 10:50 am

It's needs to step up big time. When Gran Turismo was launched it took on ridge racer and need for speed, it was easy to be number one. For me forza is number one by a mile, it has its flaws and big ones but Gran Turismo has to fix its flaws and learn from forza to be number one again.

Some of that is opion. Me being a forza guy for example.

B spec needs to go away.
Better customisation.
And more besides.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 pm

I don’t think Forza is particularly great. Clearly, none of these computer games will replicate the genuine feeling of real-life cars. However, Forza’s handling feels very arcade-like and IMO, suffers from the same problem as Codemasters’ games – the cars unnecessarily slide around when they probably wouldn’t in real life.

Even from a basic physic stand-point, Forza is a bit poor.

GT5 has its issues: a serious lack of real circuits, unacceptable “standard” cars which now look terrible, too many Japanese duplicates (Honda NSX 91, 92, 93, 95, 97, 99 etc) and not enough cars that car-fans truly desire.

However, GT5 is a more enjoyable game to experience from a driving stand-point.

GT6 needs: to tidy up its online menu’s; it needs much faster loading times, needs more customisation (no brake upgrades is strange), needs more real-life circuits (this is evidently being cured, to be fair) and better organisation of online championships with friends. B-Spec should be retained, but use of B-Spec should ape GT4. It was possible to complete the 24-hour hour races via B-Spec - I particularly liked that.

However as a separate mode, yes, B-Spec should be scrapped. It played too big a role in GT5.

Also, regular DLC updates will be critical. In the increasingly inter-connected world that we live in, it is easy to retain people’s interest through extra cars and circuits. Again, this was addressed in the press release and it states that there will be extra cars/circuits “every month”.

This is one area that Forza does very well, they are very responsive to what fans want and quickly introduce the latest cars into the game.

However, pressed to actually drive on either game – Gran Turismo every time. It feels more “right” and fluid.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Thu May 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Gt5 has better physics but it has some oddness to it. Like the feeling of the world driving around you rather than you driving around and the sliding is horrible and the tyre model is problematic.

I prefer the feel of forza for normal cars. Upto class a, the s, r3, r2 and r1 cars are all far too twitchy. There's no doubt that forza cars need fiddling with to get a better feel. For example the steering rake starts off at 5 degrees and should be less than 3. Stiffening the rear suspension of any car over 500 bhp is also required.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Sat May 18, 2013 11:00 pm

GT5 was good, GT6 looks good but i hope its more fun after while its gets boring. my favourite race i did was the grand valley in endurance race VW lupo GTI what race.

i feel GT5 you werent really doing anything, you werent controling the car.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Sun May 19, 2013 4:49 am

I don’t think that GT5’s sliding is horrible. In fact, it’s the opposite. The cars can be slide beautifully, giving one enough information about when the rear will step out.

GT5’s tyre model works well. Admittedly, perhaps I’ve done a lot of miles on GT5, but there is a noticeable difference between compounds in terms of laptime and feel. There is a notiable difference between “sport medium” and “sport hard”, for example, with the laptime difference one would expect.

There is a common mis-belief that cars on computer games must be as oversteery and twitchy as possible to be realistic. A lot of road cars just appear to be very well sorted in real life, so a computer game shouldn’t make it oversteer unnecessarily – that is actually unrealistic.

My pet hate of GRID games is the constant twitchy-nature, even under braking. Yes, the cars are twitchy and slide like hell – but the physics are way-off.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Sun May 19, 2013 6:13 am

forza is too twitchy, certainly. But it does powerslide beautifully with very little practice.

I played a grid demo only but the handle was terrible.

Gt5's physics are well regarded.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 am

GRID, Toca the Codemasters F1 games - they all suffer from the same problem.

One of my favourite experiences on GT5 is to get an RUF 996 and drive it with comfort soft or sport hard tyres - you really feel the lovely traction of the rear-engined layout and "pendulum" effect.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:54 pm

This looks absolutely sensational. Note two new cars have been revealed: BMW Z4 GT3 (yes!!!!!!) and the Delta Wing:

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:53 am

looks like i will be getting a PS4 even though i have had so many problems with my PS3, i'm really going to miss Forza though Sad the Xbone at e3 looks rubbish Mad

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 am

The XBone looks like its going to kill off Microsoft as a console maker if not as a company. Hopefully forza will live on like sonic the hedgehog does.
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 pm

After watching that clip for GT6 it looks like I am tempted to return to Sony! That simply looks EPIC!

Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 am

Petronas Syntium wrote:
This looks absolutely sensational. Note two new cars have been revealed: BMW Z4 GT3 (yes!!!!!!) and the Delta Wing:

My jaw hit the floor when I saw the BMW. It crashed through it when the DeltaWing appeared. Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:28 am

I think Sony had no choice but to out-smart Microsoft and X Box. Not only has Sony sold fewer PS3’s than 360’s, but the PS3 struggled to be profitable for Sony. High development costs, costly manufacturing and delayed launch all contributed to this.

Sony very much needs to “win” customers back, and this looks like a winner.

I find it amazing that it will cost £350. Back in 2007, the PS3 cost £300. All the new technology all these years later for an extra £50 is superb value.

It should be cheaper to manufacture and develop, with fewer Sony-specific parts and PC hardware.

I’ve never warmed to the X Box. However, the requirement of an internet connection and pre-owned restrictions mean that Microsoft prefers to cater for themselves, not the customer.

GT6 will predictably be brilliant, even on PS3 it looks superb – can’t wait! I was secretly hoping that GT6 would have the Z4 GT3… Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 am

I do hope that polyphony has learned some of the customisation stuff from forza, it's the one real area that forza is better than gt5. Everything is fairly close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 6   

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 6
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1