PostSubject: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 am

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105300

Not the first but many will follow.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:19 am

Not surprising really. The track's been losing money like there's no tomorrow, and the government has called time on giving any sort of funding to keep it afloat.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 am

As usual something is suffering because its in private hands not public.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 am

In general, Nurburgring’s issues have stemmed from their overly-ambitious development plan rather than paying out Formula 1 fees.

I reckon that Hockenheim will eventually host this year’s German Grand Prix. That might be a good thing, because Hockenheim is better for overtaking than Nurburgring is.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:55 am

The problem with that is Hockenheim have about as much money as nurburgring, thats why the split the hosting. If Hockenheim do host this year there won't be a race in germany in 2015. I assume there contracted for next year. They might alternate with Spa or France and Spain or all of the above??
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:05 am

Guess it perhaps goes to show that having a native winning the most prolific, money-making motorsport series in the world 3 times in a row, doesn't mean a GP is assured.

That said, Britain has a GP for the next 15 years regardless of whether or not we get a champion in that time. Italy will probably have one until the end of time despite the fact they haven't had a champion since Ascari in 1953, and there'll be at least 10 in the Middle East until the oil runs out. No fuel = no money = no interest from Bernie. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 am

CJ wrote:
Guess it perhaps goes to show that having a native winning the most prolific, money-making motorsport series in the world 3 times in a row, doesn't mean a GP is assured.

That said, Britain has a GP for the next 15 years regardless of whether or not we get a champion in that time. Italy will probably have one until the end of time despite the fact they haven't had a champion since Ascari in 1953, and there'll be at least 10 in the Middle East until the oil runs out. No fuel = no money = no interest from Bernie. Rolling Eyes

It does indeed. Only a few years ago, there were bigger enough crowds to sustain two Grand's Prix in Germany. I think the Middle East won't get more F1 races, there are simply far more important economies that F1 needs to be in, if the sport wants to continue adapting to a changing world.

Jeremy Aardvark wrote:
The problem with that is Hockenheim have about as much money as nurburgring, thats why the split the hosting. If Hockenheim do host this year there won't be a race in germany in 2015. I assume there contracted for next year. They might alternate with Spa or France and Spain or all of the above??

I suspect that Bernie wants a German GP, otherwise, he would have given up on Nurburgring/Hockenheim a long time ago. Even if Nurburgring went ahead, he knows the concessions he would have to make. Plus, Hockenheim's fees have been reduced too.

Spa's future is seemingly always uncertain, but it might not be something to worry about. The contract seems to get extended only on a short-term basis.

Something on the calendar will have to give. With New Jersey, Russia and Mexico coming in 2014/15, it does seem likely that more Euro events will have to be ditched. Hungary should be a prime target...its a snoozy circuit and not even a classic track.

Did anybody read about the Valencia street track? Criminals have stolen the timing equipment...well at least someone's enjoyed it. lol!

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 pm

I think Hungary will out last germany, belgium, france and spain being on the calendar

New Jersey = Not going to happen
Russia = Probably not going to happen
Mexico = No way is that going to happen
Back to top Go down
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Jeremy Aardvark wrote:
I think Hungary will out last germany, belgium, france and spain being on the calendar

New Jersey = Not going to happen
Russia = Probably not going to happen
Mexico = No way is that going to happen

If Red Bull keep winning Grands Prix as they have done the last few years there's going to be more and more of a call for a return to Spielberg.

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm

That one actually could happen
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 am

Didn't Red Bull want the Bangkok night race as well, or was that someone else? scratch
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 am

Yes indeed. That Thailand race is very likely to happen, as one of Red Bull's investor's wants a Grand Prix and a night street time. Clearly being at night on the streets, this will be an absolutely amazing race.

Russia looks pretty likely to happen, New Jersey is questionable but it does have wealthy backers behind it, and Mexico will definitely happen - but the venue is unknown yet.

In my opinion, Spain could easily be ditched from the F1 calendar - it's not a core round and that country is in crisis. I would trade a night time, street race for snoozy Barcelona anyday.

I think the flashing lights of the Mercedes SLS look stunning at night, so there should definitely be more night racing - it would spice up the show.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am

Actually i'd swap barcelona for a night race in the backside of nowhere as well
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am

I can think of only one reason that would stop any thought of Spain being dumped from the calendar: Alonso.

If he wasn't racing, and no other Spaniard succeeded him, then you could start saying goodbye to a race in Spain.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 am

The Australian Grand Prix rumour is back. It looks like bernie wants about 30 million from them and that's gone down like very badly. There's nothing official about it but the rumour is back.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am

The other peice of news I've heard is hockenheim have said they will not pay to host a German Grand Prix this year. So unless bernie wavies the fee there won't be one.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 am

Quote :
German Grand Prix confirmed at Nürburgring

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/289931/german-grand-prix-confirmed-at-nurburgring/

Well, that's one debacle over.

As for Barcelona, it could stay on the calendar as a night race, but if the track owners refuse then I'd just ditch it for a Thailand street race at night.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:36 am

It's bankrupt there's a fight over ownership and a possible injection that will forbid anyone holding events there at all. Who paid?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And another one gone   

Back to top Go down

And another one gone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Single Seater Racing :: Formula One-
Jump to: