HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 am

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 am

I think the announcement signals a positive future for US sports car racing. Allowing DPís and LMP2 machinery will allow for the best from both series, having both GT categories is good as well. I suspect GTE will be marketed as the more exotic of GT classes, whereas the Grand Am class usefully features more affordable sports cars like the Camaro and Mustang.

I mainly seek the best raw racing, and the DP class has produced sensational racing in the past few years Ė car counts have steadily grown. ALMS have struggled with protoypes, with not even LMP2 showing particularly strong fields in the last few years.

LMP2 was a Euro idea, transported to America. In the longer term, I suspect the DPís will form the unified seriesí long term prototype class. I would like DP's to get an upgrade in power, but not downforce. They could be even more exciting to watch.

Iím not sad to see LMP1 be ditched. The ACO killed LMP1 in America when they decided to set up a global series, and left Americaís big races in the dark. The death of LMP1 merely reinforces that the unified series will be more American Ė and it will be all better for it.

As America is still such a huge market, it would be excellent if more DP manufacturers entered with a clear single seriesÖ

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:21 pm

It's a shame there's no p1 but like you said the wec really stopped that.

P2 should be the way of the future so then it's odd that the more expensive less developed dp has more cars.
The gen 3 (current dp) is just bodywork and motor on a tube frame so in theory a gen 1 or gen 2 chassis could be turned into a gen 3 at very little cost.

That I think is what's helping the car count unlike p2 which is a different chassis every 3 or 4 years. So even though there cheaper to buy its more in the long run. That's the aco's fault, and I'm not happy about it.

Grand am is telling its teams that dp's will be Le Mans eligible "maybe 2014". I can't see why though, unless they run in p2. But they will get there backsides handed to them so I can't why anyone would.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:46 am

Quote :
I can't see why though, unless they run in p2. But they will get there backsides handed to them so I can't why anyone would.

I think that depends on a few factors. DPís may well get a power increase, as unlike LMP2 cars, they arenít constrained by the ACOís class structure. Even at the moment, DPís have very torquey engines, which would be highly beneficial at a circuit with so much wide open running. After all, LMP2 cars can often barley pass GTE cars in a straight line. DPís are almost reaching 200 mph at Daytona, but a straightway at La Sarthe is even longerÖ

It would be cool to see a different style of prototype at La Sarthe.

As DPís are prototypes and custom-built cars, I donít mind if DPís mainly get updated by bodywork. It isnít like they get dated, unlike GT cars which are influenced by production car cycles.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 am

interesting

i dont see DP been at le mans, its just something i don't see the ACO doing but you never know!

DP and LMP2 could work if they are any Lmp2 teams racing. none so far however i think its good for LMP2 to race in the new series with a chance to win daytona 24hours 12 hours of sebring etc.

its going to be interesting what muslce milk and dyson do.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 am

The story seems to be that grand am will slow p2's down so dp will stay the top class. That rules both classes out of Le Mans if true.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 am

MotorracingP wrote:
interesting

i dont see DP been at le mans, its just something i don't see the ACO doing but you never know!

DP and LMP2 could work if they are any Lmp2 teams racing. none so far however i think its good for LMP2 to race in the new series with a chance to win daytona 24hours 12 hours of sebring etc.

its going to be interesting what muslce milk and dyson do.

Muscle milk might do wec, who knows about Dyson.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 am

i agree with muscle milk. they said their product is world wide now. so WEC could be a choice for them.

dyson is an interesting. I think P2 i don't see why they shouldn't do that. or a DP
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 am

Dyson has run dp before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...   

Back to top Go down

It what ever one was predicting plus lmpc...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1