Harsher BTCC penalties

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Harsher BTCC penalties   Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:19 am

Quote :
The Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship has announced an additional penalty to further punish unruly on-track behaviour in 2013.

As of next season, when a driver receives three penalties for on-track driving-discipline offences – from merely a verbal warning upwards – they will also be automatically relegated six grid places on the third penalty.

This relegation will take place at the first available race that it can be taken. It will then continue to be applied to each driver on every third penalty thereafter, in addition to any other penalties given.

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3257

This is unnecessary in my opinion – the beating and banging is the appeal of BTCC. If you want sophistication and precision, F1 and prototype racing exist. I wanna see the drivers trade paint, put the bumper to each other, pay each other back – that’s why Plato v Neal sells tickets.

I’ve personally loved this season; if a driver is driving like a lunatic, the solution is to take revenge and bump him, not cry to some steward – that’s lame.

I look back to Snetterton; Neal bumps Plato, Plato returns the favour – that’s what I call excitement.

Some may not like it, but tin tops merely being driven around don’t sell tickets. What sells tickets, viewership and engages fans are arguments, on-track disputes, the hero and villain – controversy sells well.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Harsher BTCC penalties   Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Grid penalties arnt penalties.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Harsher BTCC penalties   Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 pm

That's very true, overtaking isn't particularly difficult in BTCC - a driver could make up those positions by lap 3 in some circumstances. Maybe that's the whole point; have weak penalties that appear to be deterrents - but they're just for show. Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harsher BTCC penalties   

Back to top Go down

Harsher BTCC penalties
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1