Share | 

Silverstone 6/7th Oct

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:12 pm

BTCC arrives at the National circuit of basically 4 straights and corners, meaning top speed will be important, so a tough weekend is expected for the Hondas, unless it rains.
Lea Wood and Liam Griffin return, Howard Fuller gets a second outing after doing pretty well on his Rockingham debut and Chris Stockton returns in the Thorney Insignia.
Not going as i don't like Silverstone, it's not great for spectators and the national circuit isnt one of the better tracks they visit.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:04 am

I don't like the National Circuit either. Brands Hatch Indy works because of the fabulous turns, despite its a short course. Silverstone National is just straights connected by snoozy corners, except Copse.

I sincerely hope that Dynamics gets fucked, even with some DNF's to help Plato.

Good to see the Vauxhall Insignia returning. With professional development and a decent budget, I think that can be competitive in BTCC. Its shape is good for aero efficiency, and its long wheelbase and wide front/rear track are good for cornering.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Shame for Mat Jackson, he had Plato beat when he had to retire. Pleased for Aron Smith, rub Plato's nose in it on the poduim for the Knockhill comments! 2 Toyota's hit each other at Silverstone again, although wernt running one two like 1993, didn't look like Frank Wrathall gave Adam Morgan any room for error and of course Morgan couldnt stop the car without hitting Frank.
Shedden did well to come through to 7th, although Lea Wood did himself no favours by running off the track at Copse trying to pass him.
Jordan was unlucky to be knocked off by Andy Neate, who after 3 seasons is still out of his depth in BTCC
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm

This championship is really heating up, that was a great win by Plato. Even though Jackson passed Plato, Plato kept close to Jackson before the latterís retirement.

The TV cameras never showed how Jordon got turned around, it was presumably Neate, but we didnít see the incident itself.
I sincerely hope that Chris James had a failure, what ridiculous driving.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Chris James seems to be the star of hapless driving, and shooting his mouth off.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 am

I've never seen such a bonehead move. How can one believe there was a gap?

Mike Jordan was clearly speaking in anger, but perhaps he was right about some drivers in BTCC. BTCC does appear to have gained a few drivers who really drive like its demolition derby.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:11 am

Steve Neal just revealed his ugly side again. After he fumed at his darling son being punted off at Brands Hatch (oh, how dare anybody hit Matt Neal), now heís blaming marshals when Steveís own car caught fire. Whose fault is that? Did the marshal make the car?

Calling a marshal fat? For someone who is unpaid and came to extinguish your car, you should be more grateful.

It just shows what a bunch of slim balls the Neal family are. Hope Plato takes Neal out. bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 am

Steve Neal was out of order for his comment, but he did apologise later on, guess he realised he went too far. Great job by both Plato and Mat Jackson today, respective cars were well hooked up, and of course Alan Gow has the 2 Honda drivers and Plato in the final meeting with a chance of becoming champion.
I think Shedden did fantastically well today in making the best of what was available to him, he could easily have had a day like teammate Neal and got no points. They seem hopeful of getting some boost back, but i can't see it, i'm sure the MG and Focus will lose some though.
Some good battling going on amongst the occasional crazy incidents, but i hope by next year Silverstone have got access to the Wing paddock sorted and we can use the new short layout that turns right from the complex onto Hangar straight as BTCC isn't quick enough for the full GP track.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am

What a drive by Plato, he made some brilliantly judged passes in race 3. Brands Hatch is going to be a genuine thriller.

A direct route to Silverstone's new paddock is long overdue, they really need to sort this out. I find the current solution immensely frustrating. BTCC does seem to work well on shorter circuits. WTCC cars look lost on longer, wider circuits.

Steve Neal seemed very composed when he mocked the marshal; he wasnít fuming like Mike Jordan was. I guess Neal apologised because he realised what a twat he looked like, rather than a genuinely being apologetic.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:30 am

Bad mouthing marshals is never acceptable
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:36 am

Especially when the marshal did all he could. How was the marshal supposed to know where Matt Neal was going to pull off, clearly he had to then walk to the flame-engulfed Honda. I'm not sure why Matt Neal tried to extinguish the car himself, the marshal already started doing it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone 6/7th Oct   

Back to top Go down

Silverstone 6/7th Oct
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1