Share | 

Rockingham

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 am

Off to Rockinghan for raceday on Sunday, hope the weather holds as seems to be more than a hint of rain fromt the forecasters. Dan Welch and Lea Wood are missing on Sunday (budget issues for both) but Rob Austin and Will Bratt are both back in the Audi's and Ollie Jackson is back in the Golf. Also we have a newcomer in the Team HARD Civic in the form of 20 year old Howard Fuller.
Championship leader Matt Neal is racing with a broken hand after a motorbike crash, which will give hope to rivals Shedden and Plato.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 am

Iím really looking forward to Sundayís races. Rockingham always promotes fierce racing. Itís a shame that Smith took out Plato at Knockhill, as we were poised for a superb championship battle. Saying that, this can ebb and flow, and Honda could easily could have a dodgy weekend.

Hopefully the Honda's have engine failures in all three races, and aliens from mars make Dynamics vanish.

Iíll have to juggle this with Singapore Ė busy day of racing! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:07 am

I've got to support my local team on this one and that's team dynamics. I don't dislike Plato except when he's doing btcc and then he's an ass.

Come on super shedds
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 am

Is Minato in Tokyo, Japan local to you? Wow. lol!

Honda team. Razz Wink

Plato is class to me; I love how he ruffles a few feathers, doesn't try and pretend to be innocent and has perfected the bump and run. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:19 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:21 am

Sorry I know I was being pedantic.

Dynamics is like a Honda factory team. Technically they have been for a while, but they've got sponsorship from Honda UK to make it more official.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:26 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Sorry I know I was being pedantic.

Dynamics is like a Honda factory team. Technically they have been for a while, but they've got sponsorship from Honda UK to make it more official.

That's ok, my local newspaper always has matt heal on the back page when he wins.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:35 am

That is cool. Johnny Mowlem lives local to me, and often updates the paper on his latest racing outings. Nice to see racing getting in the usually boring local press.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:07 am

Plato on pole, C'mon MG power! (never thought I'd say that!).

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 am

tis the Swindon engine in the MG. Weather forecast showing rain from about 2pm, so during the second race, should liven things up, although i'd rather not get too wet tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 am

I didnít mean literally, hehe.

Running the kink on the banking in the wet, that will be hairy for the RWD cars if it does rain.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
I didnít mean literally, hehe.

Running the kink on the banking in the wet, that will be hairy for the RWD cars if it does rain.

Kink?

It's a pretty big corner
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 am

I think itís a kink for cars running the road course, itís not like they come into the turn at full pelt on the full oval. Itís wide open in the dry and not really a corner, but as Jeff Smith found out, the complete opposite in the wet!

There was some good racing today, I think Rob Austin was too polite with Neal in race one. He needed to put the bumper to Neal, it was clear that the over-cross move wasnít working. He then tried a half-hearted move that cost himself.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 pm

was very wet and cold after lunchbreak, couldn't get in the main grandstand as everyone had the same idea so watched from under the grandstand where at least you wern't getting rained on even thought the view isnt as good. Plato must have rued the rain as was dominant in the first race, which allowed Shedden to score 2 fine wins to take the championship lead.
Fantastic job by Aron Smith in the rain,( he did say he was looking forward to it to us though), after Jeff Smith took him off in R1 he started at the back in R2 and finished about 7th, which put him in a great position for reverse grid and did a great job fending off the Honda's and Plato for a good few laps. Also driving well in the wet was Ollie Jackson to record his best finishes in BTCC, the AMD team looked like they'd won celebrating on the pit wall.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:04 am

Looking at the points, I can still see Plato winning this title. I still find it amazing how fast the MG is, for a car which is under-developed, relative to the Honda.

You've got to say, Aron Smith might make an error or two, but he's a helluva of a racer. Smith can drive fast. I'd hire him if I ran a team.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 am

Alan Gpw will ensure it'll all be down to the last weekend at Brands, although i don't expect more than the top 3 to be in with a shout this year.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 am

That Honda is very heavily restricted (IIRC) the MG will get those penalties soon.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:14 am

That is true; the Honda would be immense if it had the turbo boost of some other cars. The MG is good in a straight line though, naturally. Its body style gives it clean air rather than the dirty air of a hatchback.

It still intrigues me how the MG is so fast out of the box, Triple Eight barley had any testing with that car. The reliability gremlins caught up with them eventually, but itís been a very impressive effort.

BTCC needs a team like Triple Eight and MG backing, also. The series needs quality teams which can challenge Dynamics.

I do wonder if WSR will make an NGTC F30 3-Series. The E90 has really punched above its weight, but they are just lacking that edge which NGTC cars have.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm

if WSR can find backing expect an NGTC BMW. they need their own car, as i can't imagine a team with WSR's pedigree will be allowed to continue with the current cars, and they're unlikely to be competitive against NGTC with a likely turbo boost hike. Plus there are likely to be some NGTC cars up for sale, the RAR Audi's and the Thorney Insignia.
Dynamics have said they'll not build new cars as they're affected by results for all their cars not just their team ones. TOCA might need to change that rule to encourage new builds. Whether they'll be new MG's is debatable for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:07 am

Thatís what I was wondering, the NGTC rules are good in the sense that teams can bring new brands/models into BTCC without factory-backing, but are enough teams building NGTC cars?

If WSR built an F30 3-Series, it would really show how successful the rules are. Iím a fan of NGTC, as BTCC is no longer reliant on car makers building touring cars. But if we could have a mix of FWD and RWD cars, it would be brilliant.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockingham   

Back to top Go down

Rockingham
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1