Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: provisional calendar   Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: provisional calendar   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:59 am

I like that calendar, since Pirelli and DRS have come in; itís becoming more apparent that circuit design is nowhere near as critical as it used to be.

The second Spanish round had to go. F1 wants to expand the calendar into emerging countries, yet a country in decline at an unpopular venue is on the calendar. I hope the Spanish round doesnít alternate, either; taxpayer money should be spent on public services, not propping up an unpopular, loss-making event at a time of great economic hardship.

New Jersey looks superb from the simulations which have been released; itís a proper street circuit but very fast in sections.

I cannot help but feel the United States Grand Prix is on the wrong weekend, like this year. The the US media will be covering the NASCAR finale in Homestead, not F1. The style of crowd might be different, but the media isnít.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: provisional calendar   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
I like that calendar, since Pirelli and DRS have come in; itís becoming more apparent that circuit design is nowhere near as critical as it used to be.

The second Spanish round had to go. F1 wants to expand the calendar into emerging countries, yet a country in decline at an unpopular venue is on the calendar. I hope the Spanish round doesnít alternate, either; taxpayer money should be spent on public services, not propping up an unpopular, loss-making event at a time of great economic hardship.

New Jersey looks superb from the simulations which have been released; itís a proper street circuit but very fast in sections.

I cannot help but feel the United States Grand Prix is on the wrong weekend, like this year. The the US media will be covering the NASCAR finale in Homestead, not F1. The style of crowd might be different, but the media isnít.

I didn't know it was the same weekend. You make a great point. No one inamerica will watch f1 over the NASCAR finale that's madness. Of course most of America will be watching American football then the race is happen but still. Probably me as well if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: provisional calendar   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:52 am

NASCAR is one of Americaís most watched sports, if not the most watched on a lot of weekends. If NASCAR has a title decider at Homestead, the media and a lot of race fans will only care about that.

As NASCAR races virtually every week, it would be tricky for F1 to race on a non-NASCAR weekend. F1 races in North America when it logistically makes sense, but racing on their finale is a mistake imo.

I seriously doubt that NASCAR is changing its 2013 finale weekend time, hence why I'm predicting both series will again clash.

I hear ticket sales are very strong for Austin, so perhaps the audience is that different. Just donít rely on the national media spreading the wordÖ

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: provisional calendar   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Not sure why there is a need for two races in the USA.

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: provisional calendar   Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:05 am

I really hope the walls are close in New Jersey, with little run off. We need to maximise mistakes for Safety Car deployment, unlike in Valencia where itís too spacious Ė few wreck there.

The more races in the USA, the better. Grands Prix in the USA mean evening starts. Evening Grands Prix are automatically more exciting than afternoon races.

All European races should start at 6 pm in the evening to spice up the show and maximise TV ratings. Research has shown that evening races really spice up the show, take Schumacher as a prime example. Sometimes, these elderly drivers cannot see too well when it gets dark - pretty exciting:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: provisional calendar   

Back to top Go down

provisional calendar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1