Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: mercedes rumour   Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:31 am

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: mercedes rumour   Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:49 am

I read this. I’m never really sure what to believe about Mercedes F1 rumours, as every week their apparently going to leave F1 according to the gossip websites. “Sources” and “insiders” often sound like disguises for non-stories.

With this, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mercedes did reduce their Formula One involvement. I’m not sure why they ever needed to wholly buy their own team. With McLaren, they were getting the visual branding awareness without the excessive cost of paying for absolutely everything. I think McLaren’s decision to start building road cars was a big no-no for the Daimler brass.

I always remember reading in Autocar that when Mercedes joined McLaren in 1994, they paid McLaren to stop building the F1. Why? It was powered by Mercedes’ arch rival, BMW. I thought that was a crying shame, as the world needed more F1’s – not fewer.

Mercedes main role in 2014 will be the implementation of their 1.6 V6 engine. They should focus on their core expertise, not areas which just have no return on investment. At least with the engines, Mercedes will make money by leasing them out. Mercedes need to look at Renault, and how they’ve cut their F1 expenditure, however, Renault as a whole still keeps their technical expertise and public awareness. Use of the Infiniti brand is cost efficient yet a useful marketing tool.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: mercedes rumour   Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:00 am

Quote :
I’m not sure why they ever needed to wholly buy their own team.

that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mercedes rumour   

Back to top Go down

mercedes rumour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1