Share | 

A recommended purchase for Maldonado

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 am

Pastor Maldonado should buy this book, it’s called “How to Avoid Road Accidents : What you don't always learn from driving school”

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Avoid-Road-Accidents-ebook/dp/B00562TJ7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341764494&sr=8-2

The book is great value, Hugo Chavez could buy it for Maldonado.

This book has lots of handy tips of how to avoid accidents. It especially teaches you NOT to deliberately drive into other people. And if you crash, the book advises you to apologise – not just pull a glum face and pretend you’re clueless.

Oh, final tip. The book advises not to crash into a marshal – top tip.

EJ Viso and Milka Duno also should buy this book – fully recommended

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 am

Ok, I though this was going to be cras but I laughted. well done
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 am

Thank you. Laughing

Maldonado gets a mere financial penalty for torpedoing his latest victim, I do wonder if the stewards make it up as they go along. Maybe Maldonado’s backing pays off the stewards as well.

I remember in 2008 at Fuji, Hamilton got a drive through for not hitting anybody. Maldonado crashes into somebody, and takes them out, yet gets no penalty that affects his positioning on the track.

On this occasion I don’t buy this bullshit “they’ve got loads of camera angles”. You don’t need 10000 camera angles to know that Maldonado drove with no regard for Perez, and ruined his race. After all, if the FIA have all this juicy data and camera shots – why not reveal it to the public?

MIA – Maldonado International Assistance.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:06 am

Should be banned from the next race & Williams are not allowed to put the other third driver in his car for the race either.

Race Driver

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:02 am

Perez drove in no regard for Perez either so maybe he could use this book too. I think with the mixed up grids and big names out of position more attention is being drawing to incidents down the field which were normally ignored, even by the officials in the past. The incident on Sunday was stupid on part of both drivers and the sort of thing you wouldn't expect to see from the front runners. Ferrari stated they believed Perez wasn't ready for a top team yet because he was too agressive, at the time I didn't see their point but after his reaction Sunday he certainly needs grow up, not that I that would want him in a top team anyway yet.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 am

I don’t agree, what Perez did was nothing unusual. How many times has a driver used the outside line to pass their opponent? It’s occurred since automobile racing was invented. Drivers should be able to race alongside each other without making unnecessary contact. Perez left Maldonado ample room, but Maldonado drove like he had nobody alongside him. Clearly, Maldonado cannot carry the same apex speed if he has somebody alongside him. If a driver can hang onto the outside line, that cannot be ignored.

Some of the best racing in recent years has been between Hamilton and Alonso at Silverstone, in 2009 and 2011. They both passed and re-passed each other, inches apart, without any contact. The battles were fierce but professional. I agree with you about the quality of front runners.

Maldonado sort of reminds me of Pizzonia. If there’s an object to hit, you can be sure he’ll hit it (even crashing into the leader!).
Don’t get me wrong, I approve of dirty racing…when the cars have roofs, bumpers and fenders. Then it’s fun. With open wheel cars it doesn’t work.

Back to top Go down
Duckman
Race Driver
Race Driver

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:08 am

If you force someone into a mistake thats good driving unless you find yourself caught in the result, if you want to out brake someone sometimes you have to call their bluff. Perez put himself in a position where he could only lose, he could surely see Maldonado was going deep but because Maldonado has already got under his skin he tryed to pull off a move that was never going to happen. You could hear in his interview afterwards that he knew he had screwed up, the place was there for the taking if he just kept his head, trying to force it onto the Maldonado bandwagon was lame.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:25 am

The rear of Maldonado’s car suddenly snapped, and it was unfortunate that Perez was there to lean on. Maldonado got loose very early into the corner; there was no way Sergio could have foreseen Pastor getting loose so suddenly. Once Sergio made the decision to hang it out on the outside, there was no backing out. I suppose one could argue that Perez should have been wary of Maldonado, but on the other hand, Perez should be able to pass Maldonado without making him contact.

That outside move in Brooklands has frequently been made, so I don’t see the problem with it. The FIA stipulate the white line as the limit of the track, apart from that, drivers can race where they like. Inside line, middle line, outside line – drivers often find adventurous ways of overtaking.

If you considered conventional wisdom, Alonso at Valencia was crazy to pass Grosjean and Webber around the outside of turn 2. That isn’t usually a place to pass, it was very risky – but the drivers involved drove with professionalism and good judgment.

Back to top Go down
Duckman
Race Driver
Race Driver

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 am

Maldonado made a mistake for sure but Perez in my opinion failed to read that situation which ended up costing him. Perez is behind, he has seen the speed which Pastor has entered the corner and decided he can hold him to the inside and make a pass, well he was wrong. Overall I would say a racing incident but Perez should be open to learning from the incident rather than taking the blame elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A recommended purchase for Maldonado   

Back to top Go down

A recommended purchase for Maldonado
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1