Share | 

Croft 23/24th June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Croft 23/24th June   Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:14 pm

BTCC returns to Croft for it's annual trip to the north east. Gordon Shedden leads the standings as the weather forecast says it'll be a wet weekend. As well as the one off return of Paul O'Neill in the Tony Hughes Toyota, both Rob Austin Audi's will be out for the first time this year.
Shame the event clashes with F1, they normally do try and avoid clashes.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Croft 23/24th June   Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:57 am

It is strange indeed that BTCC clashes with F1, especially a European GP. With Canada it wasn’t so bad. Oh well, still watching both. Cannot wait for Croft, I love the back section to this track.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Croft 23/24th June   Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 am

The Honda Racing drivers are really pissing me off, they keep on ramming the WSR cars out of the way. They should return the favour next time out… Twisted Evil

Lovely win by Plato, those gremlins with that MG are handing the championship to Honda on a plate. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Croft 23/24th June   Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Had a good day out yesterday,

I must say, Does anybody else find the grid to be really poor this season? apart from Neal, Sheddon and Plato, All the rest seem a bit crap to be honest. The rest are just too slow and have no real skill at all. Money bought drives spoils racing.

Also When I got back my Dad mentioned that they was a competition next weekend at Croft, Where you can pay to get driven around the circuit, Did anybody watch the coverage Yesterday and can you remember hearing anything about this please? I would like to find out more.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Croft 23/24th June   Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 am

Hi Steven, yes they did mention that on the commentary for next weekend. Can't find any details online, best ringing them i'd say.

Part of the problem with drivers is the NGTC cars have worked out so expensive, meaning budgets need to be higher. With hindsight maybe should have gone S2000 with 2L turbo's and stuck with that for a while, NGTC was supposed to be cheaper but hasnt worked out that way.
MG should have got someone like Gio or Thommo in with Plato rather than taking Neate's money for the second car.
Honda have developed the NGTC Civic well and if their boost wasnt so restricted then they'd be miles ahead. Sadly that means Flash ends up bumping all his rivals out of the way cos he can't overtake them in a straight line in race 3.
Some of the other drivers are talented, just not in a good enough car to really show it. Onslow Cole, Wrathall, Mat Jackson, are all good pedalers as well as Owy, but we're missing Phil Glew, Adam Jones, Colin Turkington etc, who all have loads of talent but not enough money to buy a decent ride.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Croft 23/24th June   Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 am

Motorbase’s repair bills must be soaring after two of their drivers keep wrecking. Easier said than done, but for a small team like that, it must hurt.

Perhaps the drivers in BTCC are just changing, and some of their inexperience is showing up. Well I like these new drivers, just look at all the SC periods they create…

In my independent opinion, Team Dynamics should have their boost dropped to 0. Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Croft 23/24th June   

Back to top Go down

Croft 23/24th June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1