Share | 

Oulton Park 9/10th June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Oulton Park 9/10th June   Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:59 pm

BTCC returns to action this weekend from Oulton Park, i shall be at the popular Cheshire venue this weekend, courtesy of HiQ as i voted for Frank Wrathall in the HiQ Champagne Moment for Thruxton, and had a phone call telling me i'd won. So, i get to give Frank a bottle of Champagne on Sunday, supposed to be during the pitlane signing session, but that still could change. I also get a gridwalk for one of the races. Woo Hoo!!! never won any motor racing competitions before. Very Happy
Tickets arrived last week, and i'm camping but not expecting great weather. Still a wet track usually makes racing more interesting, but i'd rather it wasnt like Thruxton last time out or Brands GP in 2010.
Cal we will probably on the outside of the track near the campsite between the Avenue and Cascades, it was a good position last year, but as to where i'll be when you arrive is open to question. We have to be at the Dunlop Cafe at 9am on Sunday morning, presumably to collect passes etc. Pitlane/autograph session is supposed to be about 10.30. It's always busy as well as racing can't start before 12.00.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Park 9/10th June   Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 am

I cannot wait for this weekend; BTCC has been away for far too long. I like Sunday’s set-up, with some panel bashing for three races, then, the F1 GP from Montreal to round off the day. It’s unusual to have BTCC and F1 on the same weekend, maybe F1’s evening start influenced that.

I really hope that Plato can extend his championship lead, and drive through whoever to achieve that. Twisted Evil

Well done on the competition win. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Park 9/10th June   Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:40 am

ITV 4 arent showing all the races live due to the tennis being on, race 3 is on at 8pm
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Park 9/10th June   Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 am

What a load of BS, I want to see intense panel beating for 30 minutes or so – not some snoozy ball game that never ends.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Park 9/10th June   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 am

Race three was like bumper cars…which I shamelessly enjoyed.

Mat Jackson really pushed his luck in race two with Collard. Okay; so he bumped Collard into the corner. That’s fine. But then he wasn’t satisfied with that, he wanted to push Collard off the track as well. Collard merely wanted to stay on the track. Jackson had the inside line, but afterwards he was too greedy.

There was some great racing in all the races. ITV should have televised the final race live, but, their online streaming was admittedly superb.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oulton Park 9/10th June   

Back to top Go down

Oulton Park 9/10th June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1