Share | 

Le Mans 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Le Mans 2013   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:28 am

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/update/greengt-h2-will-be-unveiled-on-2nd-june_7128.html

has it's first entry

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewArticle.cfm?articleUID=AEDA9301-1143-FDC9-357D7BA3208E468B

and holy crap is it ugly
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:54 am

*found the missing branch from the ugly tree*
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:07 pm

MotorracingP wrote:
*found the missing branch from the ugly tree*

lol!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm

When is Porsche returning, 2014? Porsche make such beautiful racing cars, their LMP1 machine will look lovely and make a proper noise like a race car should…even with some greeny shit attached to it.

I know this is perhaps controversial, but in my opinion, the organisers should be looking at how to make the racing better for 2013. Innovation is great, but the on-track product should be the highest priority. More safety cars? I don’t really mind, but I just want to see more of a show rather than a procession of mainly pit strategy.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:36 pm

safety cars at le mans are always a bad idea as they use to the spread the race out.

the race itself also has nothing to do with the show, they just don't care weather people want to watch or not. In the early years the race was a bi annual cup, so the was an entire years break half way through. Even as recently as two years ago they changed the rules to give peugeot a bigger advantage over audi so a french car could win. it didn't work thoguh.

The greenGT car might be ugly but it is doing something worth while, hydrogen fuel cells are the future of motoring in general and there's not better way of making them better than racing them.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:14 am

It entirely depends on how SC periods are handled; handled in the right way where cars can gain laps back, and where they're correctly positioned; they can contribute to a better race. Handled like a shambles, and they’re not beneficial.

Quote :
they just don't care weather people want to watch or not

Oh yes they do. Commercial backing, sponsorship and worthwhile TV contracts hinge on viewership. The days of international motor racing exclusively being for diehards was over a long time ago.

Quote :
the race itself also has nothing to do with the show

That’s a bit of an oxymoron, the race is the show. If there’s no entertainment, there’s no real race. The “race” might be interesting for team strategists trying to out-do each other – but public entertainment is far more important. Hard racing and strategy can work together, but at Le Mans the real tedium of strategy occurs.

La Sarthe is one of the best circuits in the world, and it must be amazing to drive there. I just wish there was a race that was worthy of the awesomeness of the track.

As for hydrogen, that in my opinion will be the real future of the automobile. But with the demands of racing being so different to passenger cars, it will be interesting if there can be a crossover.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 am

Quote :
As for hydrogen, that in my opinion will be the real future of the automobile. But with the demands of racing being so different to passenger cars, it will be interesting if there can be a crossover.

thats why it's the garage 56 entry, it's for developing technology.

there are those of us who really like that 'boring strategy stuff'. There's so much other motorsport that's crash and bash and safety cars to have something that isn't (for me) is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 am

It’s not even about crashing or incidents; it’s about good, close and hard racing – that’s something quite different. Hard racing shouldn’t be mistaken for bumper cars (even though that entertains me enormously).

Strategy is great if it mixes things up on the race track, but the wrong side of strategy can be deeply snoozy.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 am

I still like it, if it's not going to take the next 18 hours to play out I just don't care very much.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Pirate 7
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:10 am

2013 Le Mans 24 Hours Date Moves

The 2013 Le Mans 24 Hours, initially scheduled for 15-16 June, has been put back by a week to 22-23 June 2013 at the request of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) “in order to harmonize the world calendar of motor racing events.” (or in other words to accommodate the F1 calendar!)

The test day will move accordingly, two weeks before the race on Sunday 9th June 2013.

Scrutineering (technical and administrative checks) will be on Sunday 16th and Monday 17th June.

This is the fifteenth time in 81 events that the Le Mans 24 Hours will take place at the end of the 25th week on the calendar.

The full calendar of the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship, of which the Le Mans 24 Hours race is the blue riband event, will be announced in September 2012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans 2013   

Back to top Go down

Le Mans 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1