http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Casey Stoner to retire   Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 am

This is great news

if stoner decides to do any gt3 racing he'll be racing against Rossi again

So then who goes where 2013?

I can see Cal on a factory bike next year, at least.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Casey Stoner to retire   Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:59 am

So the saga of MotoGP's worst kept secret comes to an end.

From Autosport:

Quote :
Marc Marquez will race with the works HRC Honda team in MotoGP next year, the Japanese squad confirmed on Thursday.

Marquez, last year's runner-up in Moto2 and the current leader of the championship, will join Dani Pedrosa in an all-Spanish line-up at Honda.

Marquez, who won the 125cc title in 2010, replaces Casey Stoner at the team, with the Australian reigning world champion set to retire at the end of the year.

"To reach MotoGP next season with Repsol Honda is a dream come true and I want to thank HRC for their confidence in me," said Marquez. "I am very proud to be a part of the big Honda family for the future and I don't want to forget all the people have helped me since I began to ride motorbikes.

"Now my focus is on Moto2 where my team and I are working very hard and we are excited to achieve our goal, which is to win the World Championship in 2012."

Pedrosa, meanwhile, has extended his contract with the team for another two years.

"It's been a very long relationship with Honda and I had a strong desire to stay here," said Pedrosa. "The fight for the championship this year is still open and the next two seasons will be very interesting for me.

"My whole career has been linked to Honda, since I entered into the World Championship in 125cc, then in 250cc and since 2006 in MotoGP.

"I'm perhaps one of the riders with the longest history with Honda, which makes me feel very proud. I want to thank HRC once again for their support; I'm sure that we have great things to do together."

Probably a little surprised with the decision to retain Pedrosa. Then again, he's reliable, knows the team well, and the win at Sachsenring proves that he can still win when he's in A form.

I don't think Rossi would ever have returned to Honda, given the situation when he left at the end of 2003 (plus the fact he beat them the following year on what was considered not to be the best bike out there at the time Rolling Eyes).

I'm guessing with the current noise from him regarding his chat to Audi AG CEO Rupert Stadler and Head of Marketing for the VW brands Luca de Meo, he's gonna stay with Ducati for at least another year and is taking the longer term back-to-winning view with the team, rather than dumping it, suffering a major PR disaster and going back to Yamaha where there's no guarantee of winning. Nor of the wages. Plus taking on the task of trying to beat Jorge on a bike that is now Jorge's.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casey Stoner to retire   

Back to top Go down

Casey Stoner to retire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1