Donington 14/15th April

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 am

finally watched some of the coverage from Sunday and blimey!! ITV now have some bloke who looks like Paul O'Neill interviewing drivers!!!! Like that Rob Austin said he should get some backing and race his other Audi.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:01 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
I do appreciate that the circumstances at Donington and Oulton were different. However in essence, the result was the same. The driver on the receiving end got dumped into a gravel trap. Only that was worse, because Shedden would have won that race if it wasn’t for Neal’s error. Shedden lost a sole position at Donington in comparison.

Sometimes, that offending driver knows how far they can push the envelope. It isn’t vengeful intent as such, but it’s the difference between driving for daddy’s team, or, just being a mere employee.

I remember the Neal, shedden incident now.

I don't remember any intent, what I saw was a crash not a push.

Plato is as dirty as Neal is there as bad as each other.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 am

As I said, the sole concentration on vengeful intent is not the only factor to consider. Neal knows how far to push the envelope with his teammate, he knows he’ll have little grievance because he’s so ingrained in the team. Shedden wouldn’t have taken the same chance. Just because it wasn’t directly vengeful intent from Neal, does it make it any better?

Ask Shedden after he’s finished with Dynamics about losing a win and being stuck in the gravel. In comparison, he got pissed off with Plato last weekend because he could – with Neal he couldn’t.

I’m not defending Plato’s record, btw. He’s ruthlessly dirty…which is what I like.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:34 pm

funnily enough because of the incident Shedden actually was closer to Neal in points at the end of the season than a 1-2 result, he still scored points whereas Neal got none, difference between 1st and 2nd is 3 points, 6th place got you 5 i believe.
I'm not a Plato fan based more on how he is with the fans at the track, he's often quite standoffish, whereas all the other drivers are approachable, even the likes of Gio and Thommo when they were racing here.
On Saturday at Donington he was asked by a fan about the MG and replied, " My racecar is great, but the roadcar is crap" . Whilst that may be true, given that he is trying to sell MG's via a radio advertisment, can't imagine that would go down well with MG themselves. Obviously the high life with helicopters and a Porsche etc have warped his judgement!! BTCC fans are the target for MG to sell cars to, otherwise they wouldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   

Back to top Go down

Donington 14/15th April
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2