Donington 14/15th April

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Donington 14/15th April   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Round 2 is at Donington, will be there on Saturday and Sunday. Think Cal is going and maybe Steven, so be good to meet up with people.

Be interesting to see if Plato and MG can continue their development as Brands was a dream start. Can the S2000 turbo cars fight back, Dave Newsham's Vectra seemed to be the best of those runners, although WSR were also going well. Not sure what's happened to Motorbase's Ford's, didn't seem that quick.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 am

ITV4 all sunday for me Smile. Going back to York on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 am

I’m really looking forward to seeing the racing this weekend. Brands Hatch saw top-notch racing, Donington should provide similar thrills. The BMW’s might not be so competitive at Donington, the RWD’s cars tend to get loose in the higher speed corners which benefits the FWD cars when they can stay in the throttle.

Here's hoping that Jason Plato has more decent results in the MG.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:27 am

Yeah i'll be there i'll get there for about 8 sunday morning, hopefully Steven makes it too and also the weather better hold out too

I want Plato to drag some more decent results out of that MG and with any luck its at the expence of Matt Neal, I also want to see Dave Newsham hurl that Vectra onto the podium too
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:30 am

The racing so far has been good, but not as dazzling as at Brands Hatch. Plato really got too greedy in race two there, he would have passed Collard later on anyway, given the superior pace of the MG.

Nice to see drifting FWD cars. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:41 am

Plato moaned about someone bumping him up the arse, yet he slammed Newsham off at Brand's fecking contradictory douche.

Anyway he tried to shove collard off too much and paid the price for being a cocky bully.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 am

That was a very entertaining final race; talking point has of course got to be Plato and Shedden. When it’s the final lap and the final turn, common sense goes out of the window. Plato kept on leaning on Shedden’s rear bumper and never stopped until he got loose. Personally, I loved that move. Shedden can bitch and cry all he wants; Plato was faster than him and finished ahead.

The classic bump and run was played to perfection – well done Plato. It’s funny how when these Dynamics drivers run others off the road, they keep quiet. When they get paid back the favour; they bitch, scream and whinge.

The bump and run has been the staple of BTCC for decades – he can suck on it.

Oh, Matt Neal being dumped into the gravel? LOLOL.

Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
That was a very entertaining final race; talking point has of course got to be Plato and Shedden. When it’s the final lap and the final turn, common sense goes out of the window. Plato kept on leaning on Shedden’s rear bumper and never stopped until he got loose. Personally, I loved that move. Shedden can bitch and cry all he wants; Plato was faster than him and finished ahead.

The classic bump and run was played to perfection – well done Plato. It’s funny how when these Dynamics drivers run others off the road, they keep quiet. When they get paid back the favour; they bitch, scream and whinge.

Eh? did you not watch earlier on when Plato had a tantrum about Jackson shoving him?

Plato punted Newsham off at Brands now he shoved Sheddon off at Donnington, Plato NEEDS fining and having points put on his licence, fecking douche he is.

Sheddon I have to say has all the right to feel upset at that final chicane, the best bit was Plato punting himself off in race two. T**t.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:54 am

--paddy-- wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:

Eh? did you not watch earlier on when Plato had a tantrum about Jackson shoving him?

Plato punted Newsham off at Brands now he shoved Sheddon off at Donnington, Plato NEEDS fining and having points put on his licence, fecking douche he is.

Sheddon I have to say has all the right to feel upset at that final chicane, the best bit was Plato punting himself off in race two. T**t.

I see what you’re saying, but BTCC has a very specific style of racing. A bit like in NASCAR, using the bumper to move someone out of the way is perfectly okay and the officials don’t care. Only this time, the officials took issue with the contact. It is a dangerous precedence to set, because bumper shoving-moves are pulled off countless times in BTCC races. By drawing such vague distinctions about which contact is allowed, the rules are not consistent. Numerous drivers pull that move of shoving their opponent so deep into the corner that they cannot turn in.

When the BTCC had a championship showdown at Silverstone in 1992, they knocked each other around like there was no tomorrow. It was great battling, tempers and rivalry. I’ve always loved BTCC’s relaxed attitude to “driving standards”; I hope the racing stays that way.

One cannot help wonder if Dynamics/Shedden lobbied the stewards so hard, that they gave in. The stewards also had an OTT reaction when Collard accidently punted off darling Neal at Brands, and imo, a similar overreaction has been taken here.

If you get punted off, it’s simple – pay them back in the next race or corner! These drivers shouldn’t bitch or whinge about it (Plato included). The fans would get riled up, like they do with Plato v Neal!

Snetterton 2006, Donington 2001 – great door-panel bashing racing! Very Happy lol!

Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Not when the driver literally shoves the other driver right off the circuit, taps are fine, shoves aren't.
Plato causes most of them
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Jason Potato is really getting on my nerves he moans a ridiculous amount. Frankly the not-MG is a tube framed triple 888 run car it was always going to be fast and yet by moaning alone you would thing he's in the slowest car in the race.

Frankly all of BTCC is guilty of it, trying to get this that or the other from Alan Gow and he's stupid enough to give it to them.

It might be entertainment racing (which is fine) but making different rules for every car needs to stop. Last year the Honda was the fastest, tough. This year triple 888 have caught up. Now don't change it.

Plato's bumping of Shedden was ridiculous and they should disqualify him from that race. but they won't.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 am

Plato got a two second penalty for race three. That’s absolutely fantastic; the next driver to shove somebody off into a corner will get the same penalty. I don’t agree with it, but precedence has now been set.

Yvan Muller and Plato used to bump, rub, smack each other in the doors and no penalties were given. It was hard, fierce racing – it was simply BTCC.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:28 am

It was a great days racing yesterday saw some action wasn't much at the bottom at Old Hairpin was great to catch up with Nick again. The fantasticly built Ginettas were entertaining the Juniors were just mad instead of braking why not just shove the car infront off and use him as a brake, the Clio cup grid is huge again and its great to see what was a surprise was the way they raced was very clean too clean infact

The 3 BTCC races were good I felt bad for Newsham, he should have won that last race but sadly either due to tyres or just a lack of pace he couldn't hold it for long, Pluto is a prune at times whines when he gets shoved off but yet he can do it.

I sat in a road going MG6 too in the infield it was comfy but just know after a years driving it'll look like a Plato car after a race weekend

I am very surprised about the instant pace that MG has though knew it would get to front but didn't expect it so soon in the season
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
Plato got a two second penalty for race three. That’s absolutely fantastic; the next driver to shove somebody off into a corner will get the same penalty. I don’t agree with it, but precedence has now been set.

Yvan Muller and Plato used to bump, rub, smack each other in the doors and no penalties were given. It was hard, fierce racing – it was simply BTCC.

if the guy your bumping stays on the track the move was probably fine.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Difference with Muller and Plato was it was just those two and they did it to each other as much as possible. They never really touched other drivers, so was seen as rivalry, when Plato does it to every driver it's plain stupid, and 2 seconds moves him back to where he was...
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:58 am

cerca trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:

On that proviso, Neal didn’t get a penalty for shoving Shedden into the gravel at Oulton ParK. But that was worse, because he completely took Shedden out of the race. Shedden lost one place at Donington, to put things into perspective.

Shedden wouldn’t dare call Neal dirty; he’d be swiftly fired by Neal’s daddy.

Calden is right about the MG, for a new car with such little running to be so fast and reliable is impressive.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 am

Sorry about not being able to make it guys. Just watched the full recording from Sunday. Some great racing again, Andrew Jordan has no look at the minute which is a shame.

Interesting battles brewing up between S2000 and NGTC, Expecting more complaining to come, Great to see different cars winning, But Plato does need to be penalised for being a dick.

Got to just accept losing a position and try to get it back next corner (Apart from on the last corner of the last lap) lol.

As Cal pointed out, It was great to see a full field of Clio's again, It has been rather dull the last few years,
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
cerca trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:

On that proviso, Neal didn’t get a penalty for shoving Shedden into the gravel at Oulton ParK. But that was worse, because he completely took Shedden out of the race. Shedden lost one place at Donington, to put things into perspective.

Shedden wouldn’t dare call Neal dirty; he’d be swiftly fired by Neal’s daddy.

Calden is right about the MG, for a new car with such little running to be so fast and reliable is impressive.
i don't remember the Neal, shedden incident your talking about but if it's what you say it is then yes Neal should get a penalty
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Neal Sheddon was accidental, this was purposeful. Polar to each other situations.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:23 am

Ah, but you don’t definitively know that. Very Happy Wink Whenever Neal or Plato hit somebody, they always make unconvincing excuses. I wish they would just come out with it "look, I roughed up that guy on purpose!". Razz

Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:01 am

Neal was honestly apologetic after Oulton, first thing he was as soon as he came out of car was he was sorry, you can see honest emotion after a race to silly business.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:09 am

Maybe, but if the positions were reserved, Shedden wouldn’t have thought about sticking his nose up the inside of Neal. Sometimes, the subtleties of racing are just as valid as deliberate, vengeful driving.

"Will I get sacked if I sent it up the inside? Nah"

"Would I get sacked for dumping Neal into gravel? Probably"

Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Plato is just very lucky to have a shocking team mate who shouldn't be racing in Neate.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:46 am

Andy Neate bought his seat at Triple 8 same as he did at WSR and Arena the 2 previous seasons. He's not exactly set the world alight in his previous seasons either, but given that his MG was only finished at Brands he really has had all the bad luck in the team which have curtailed his running in practice. He should really be learning from Plato and improving this season.
Not for the first time or the last time Plato removed a competitor with pushing rather than overtaking, it's a shame when he drove so well in the rest of the race. My friend Hannah is working for him this year and said after race 3 he was off to the naughty bus (and wasnt the only one).
Plenty of incidents in the 3 races, not much happening at Old Hairpin Sunday though, they got it out of their system in FP 1 on Saturday morning, apart from BTCC's Mr Popular Chris James who spun on lap 1 of race 1.
The Neal/Shedden incident from Oulton last year was different as Matt got stuck in the gravel, no point in a penalty when you're out of the race, especially as i'm sure no one at Honda cried foul at the stewards.
All in all was a good weekend only a few spots of rain on Saturday, caught up with Paul O'Neill (on a buggy at Redgate, he's driver coach for Luke Wright in Clio's), was well pleased for Max Coates for 3 G50 wins in Ginetta Supercup, went to my first podium celebration on Saturday after his first win, good to catch up with Cal and Lisa. Will try and post some pix from the weekend when i get a chance, been really busy this week, havent been through Sunday's pix yet.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 am

I do appreciate that the circumstances at Donington and Oulton were different. However in essence, the result was the same. The driver on the receiving end got dumped into a gravel trap. Only that was worse, because Shedden would have won that race if it wasn’t for Neal’s error. Shedden lost a sole position at Donington in comparison.

Sometimes, that offending driver knows how far they can push the envelope. It isn’t vengeful intent as such, but it’s the difference between driving for daddy’s team, or, just being a mere employee.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donington 14/15th April   

Back to top Go down

Donington 14/15th April
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next