Sebring 12 hours

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cornish Pirate 7
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Sebring 12 hours   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:50 pm

I see Motors TV are showing live the Sebring 12 hrs BUT with a break in transmission part way thou.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 pm

it's better than last year, where there was no tv and and an internet feed that wasn't up to the job.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 pm

spotters guide

http://www.spotterguides.com/2012-almswec/
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 am

cerca trova wrote:
it's better than last year, where there was no tv and and an internet feed that wasn't up to the job.

the internet feed will be better this year and "speed on board pass" is back. where you can watch full on board of the cars.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

I think this race will be a mixed bag, Iím sad to see that LMP1 will once again be one of those deals where there will be no competition to a team. This happened with PSA when VAG wouldnít turn up too. IMO, this is one issue that the authorities need to address. This is a World Championship now, and isnít great to have one top team utterly dominating, and there being no other teams that have a chance of competing at the same level.

I also cannot stand that these prototypes are smothered in electronics aids like traction control and engine braking. No wonder they rarely get loose, the electronic nanny controls most wheelspin. I think the ACO's obbession with "road relevance" has gone too far; first it was traction control + engine braking, then it was diesel, now its 4WD. Do the drivers need stability control, cruise control as well? Instead of so much road relevance, what about entertainment for the spectator? (noisy, multi-cylindered gasoline engines and no electronic driver aids).

GT might be entertaining, Aston-Martin is a great addition. More AM Vantage's are always welcome. Itís a shame that Risi isnít entering though.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
I think this race will be a mixed bag, Iím sad to see that LMP1 will once again be one of those deals where there will be no competition to a team. This happened with PSA when VAG wouldnít turn up too. IMO, this is one issue that the authorities need to address. This is a World Championship now, and isnít great to have one top team utterly dominating, and there being no other teams that have a chance of competing at the same level.

I also cannot stand that these prototypes are smothered in electronics aids like traction control and engine braking. No wonder they rarely get loose, the electronic nanny controls most wheelspin. I think the ACO's obbession with "road relevance" has gone too far; first it was traction control + engine braking, then it was diesel, now its 4WD. Do the drivers need stability control, cruise control as well? Instead of so much road relevance, what about entertainment for the spectator? (noisy, multi-cylindered gasoline engines and no electronic driver aids).

GT might be entertaining, Aston-Martin is a great addition. More AM Vantage's are always welcome. Itís a shame that Risi isnít entering though.

Where I agree with you on most of that but the Toyota should be able to compete with Audi, but just as last year where the r18 wasn't ready. If they were u think it wound be close.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 am

It would be great if Toyota could provide some real competition to VAG, but Iím wary of Toyotaís global motorsports record. They were winless with the GT One at La Sarthe and in Formula One.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
It would be great if Toyota could provide some real competition to VAG, but Iím wary of Toyotaís global motorsports record. They were winless with the GT One at La Sarthe and in Formula One.

formula 1 was never going to work for Toyota, the Japanese running a team rather than building engine was never going to work. Lets not forget BMW couldn't win in f1 (well except once) , Honda 1 win, Mercedes 2 years in and no win and there not going to win this tear either (probably), etc etc

As for there Le Mans record they were always fast and things went wrong (usually them putting a Japanese driver in each car who wasn't fast enough) Honda and Nissan couldn't win it either. Ferrari haven't won Le Mans since?

Thats right 1965 with a Ferrari 250LM 3 litre V12, what a car btw

They should be close to Audi
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 am

I agree that most global automobile makers have struggled to have success in F1 when they wholly operate a team.

Toyota can cut it in global motorsports; they proved that with the Celica and Corolla in rallying for decades. Itís just in recent times where the prototype and F1 projects havenít quite worked. I sincerely hope that the team in Cologne can start challenging VAG sooner rather than later, the series depends on this to make LMP1 even mildly interesting.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:33 am

sebring is green!!!!
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 am

MotorracingP wrote:
sebring is green!!!!

and it's looking mighty good out there

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:39 am

Motors TV need to sort out their aspect ratio, it looks terrible. Motors TV quality is always terrible, but this is extra terrible.

Not much is really going on, the car that is three seconds a lap faster than anything else is romping away. They need to ditch traction control and engine braking on the prototypes, they look really boring.

Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:45 am

Watching online, so I have no idea about Motors Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:53 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Motors TV need to sort out their aspect ratio, it looks terrible. Motors TV quality is always terrible, but this is extra terrible.

Not much is really going on, the car that is three seconds a lap faster than anything else is romping away. They need to ditch traction control and engine braking on the prototypes, they look really boring.

Audi have TC since 07 so its nothing new.

sebring is one of the best race of the year! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 am

Not just Audi, other prototypes run TC and engine braking too. I donít know why itís allowed, and 4WD. These drivers are way too talented to rely on driver aids. It makes them look very boring to watch.

Iím sure itís happened before, but to have a crash before the race even started Ė wow. Those Corvettesí must be awfully well prepared, because the 458ís chassis clearly handles brilliantly.

Sebring is usually great, but the field lacks competition in some classes and certain big name teams. Still, the GT classes can be relied upon to provide some action.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:23 am

sebring is still mint. but its changed over the years 2008 was probably the best year in ALMS ever. with WEC/ILMC has change it really not in a bad way just different!
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:29 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Not just Audi, other prototypes run TC and engine braking too. I donít know why itís allowed, and 4WD. These drivers are way too talented to rely on driver aids. It makes them look very boring to watch.

Iím sure itís happened before, but to have a crash before the race even started Ė wow. Those Corvettesí must be awfully well prepared, because the 458ís chassis clearly handles brilliantly.

Sebring is usually great, but the field lacks competition in some classes and certain big name teams. Still, the GT classes can be relied upon to provide some action.

I agree those things arn't needed and arn't relevant. Ban traction control.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:01 am

MotorracingP wrote:
2008 was probably the best year in ALMS ever

Absolutely, I still miss the DHL Porsche RS Spyder. The problem with Le Mans-based racing, is that it lacks consistency. The races either are packed with really competitive fields in all classes and great racing. Or, classes are almost empty and there are huge speed differences between same class cars.

I never tire of hearing a flat six downshifting under braking, just magical. Those Audi's were racing each other a little too closely, don't make contact... What a Face

Great news, caution time. Maybe this will spice up the show with every one bunched up.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
MotorracingP wrote:
2008 was probably the best year in ALMS ever

Absolutely, I still miss the DHL Porsche RS Spyder. The problem with Le Mans-based racing, is that it lacks consistency. The races either are packed with really competitive fields in all classes and great racing. Or, classes are almost empty and there are huge speed differences between same class cars.

I never tire of hearing a flat six downshifting under braking, just magical. Those Audi's were racing each other a little too closely, don't make contact... What a Face

Great news, caution time. Maybe this will spice up the show with every one bunched up.

Your not the only one who misses them! I got laguna 07 race on DVD just mint!

I agree look blancpain. It was pack for most of the races until final round at silverstone there was hardly anyone there've
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:36 am

That restart was hairy, holy cow, they were racing four-wide into some corners. It looked like motorsport on the M25.

Did the commentators just say that GT class cars now run traction control? Wow, these GT cars have around 500 horsepower yet need traction control? Yikes. The drivers of prototypes obviously donít need assistance, but the GT cars have less horsepower yet they get the same electronic aids.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:23 am

That was a hard hit to the outside wall, looked like the driver on the inside didn't know he was alongside somebody, or didn't realise he was clear of the other car. All these cautions are really making things exciting, these restarts are just crazy - it looks like fun.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:09 am

30 car is done f#Äk and the Aston had a problem not impressed!

Restarts are crazy

BMW and corvette nice fight!

Audi need to drive sensible They need to get a win on the board

Muscle milk looking good!
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:36 am

9 hours in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in Gt within 3 seconds. Doh caution. I'm silly hopping that the 2 aysos bite the dust before the end
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 am

Aysos?

Another caution

Is it me or has Sebring gone quickly ?
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 am

MotorracingP wrote:
Aysos?

Another caution

Is it me or has Sebring gone quickly ?

it has gone quickly

I think it's because my phone changes words on it's own. Aysos is suppose to be Audi's. Muscle Milk winning would be so much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sebring 12 hours   

Back to top Go down

Sebring 12 hours
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next