NASCAR 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: NASCAR 2012   Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:55 am

Some brilliant news here, Motors TV is showing the NASCAR Nationwide Series live or with delayed coverage (probably for early morning races): http://www.motorstv.com/car/others/nascar-nationwide-series

Along with live Grand-Am and ALMS, Motors TV is going back to showing outstanding motorsport.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:55 am

This is good news
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:21 am

Motors TV used to show the Nationwide Series, so it is great to have the Series back on the same channel and on TV.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:42 am

Almirola takes out Danica in a bad crash Mad Sad

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:53 am

so is she out of the 500 now?

i don't think that was really almirolas fault either, it looked to me like to sort of thing that happens all the time in plate racing. Running last means your always likely to have that sort of thing happen to you.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:25 am

Big crash indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:29 am

Danica is ok, not sure about the 50o though depends on if they have another car available.

yes accidents like this happen all the time in this sort of racing but this crash was clearly Almirolas fault.

Danica was running pretty well in the race really.

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 am

NASCAR officially returns this weekend for the Daytona 500. I don’t usually like restrictor plate racing, but the racing so far at Daytona has been much better than in recent years.

Danica's crash in the Gatorade Dual was horribly vicious, the angle she hit the wall is quite uncomfortable to watch. Kudos to Patrick though, the way she took her hands of the steering wheel showed she has great reaction time. Like cerca said, Amirola really cannot be blamed for that. As they come out of turn 2, the transition from the high banking to a flat surface can get the rear of the car loose. Plus, when the cars are side-by-side there is a side draft, even driving in a straight line these cars get loose. NASCAR has reduced the amount of rear downforce on the cars, that makes the rear end lighter – resulting in quite sideways cars.

Did Amirola’s spotter tell him that Patrick was alongside? You just never know.

You only have to watch the action so far at Daytona to see the endless crashes have rarely been anybody’s fault. The Budweiser Shootout was a wreckfest. When the cars are nose-to-tail, the drivers rely so much on the spotters and the cars are so loose – blame cannot really be apportioned like at other tracks.

As for Danica, it doesn’t matter how well she runs on Saturday or in the Daytona 500. Her real test will come on downforce tracks, that starts with Phoenix next week. Her finesse, throttle application and ultimately talent will all be tested at regular tracks.

Danica’s team struck a deal with Tommy Baldwin Racing, they have a starting number that has a guaranteed starting spot in the 500 – so her accident doesn’t matter. Stewart Haas Racing is one of the wealthier teams; they will have a good back-up car for Danica. With the amount of money that GoDaddy brings to Danica’s NASCAR campaign, a back-up car won’t be a problem.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:19 am

Amirola hit Danica, no question, it was his fault, yes it was a racing accident no issue at all, but even so Amirola was at fault.

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Technically, yes, he slid into Danica which sent her flying into the wall. But, it only takes a spotter with a lack of observation for a whole mess to start. The drivers solely rely on spotters to tell them when they are clear of another car, and what’s happening around them. I’m not blaming the 9 car’s spotter, but that’s often the deal at plate races.

Alan, you’ll be happy that Danica won the pole for today’s Nationwide race at Daytona.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 pm

there are a lot of rumours that the Nationwide qualifing was fixed...

I'm not sure I believe it though
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:43 pm

I watched it and it didn't appear to be fixed, unlike in other Motorsport, NASCAR has a tracker in qualifying for TV that shows the advantage or deficit they have to the next fastest car, at every moment of the lap. That compares to other series that will just show sector times.

Her qualifying lap doesn't really matter anyway, running alone at a plate track is vastly different to running with 42 cars around you.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:51 am

Danica on pole bounce

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:09 pm

But finished 39th in a race won by ?? Someone I've never heard of.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Danica got bumped by Cole Whitt entering turn 3, ironically her JR Motorsports teammate. She was swearing over the radio about it – welcome to plate racing Patrick. You’re going to get wrecked many more times – so get used to it.

It seems whoever dares to even touch Danica’s car (perish the thought!), they have to apologise even more than usual. Cole Whitt kept on saying sorry on TV – why? Cole Whitt is a much better stock car driver than Danica is. Some of the best drivers in NASCAR have caused wrecks during Speedweeks, just look at Tony Stewart in Cup practice.

The ending of the Nationwide Race was hilarious; the car that was 11th exiting the final turn won the race. Buescher did a pretty good job of avoiding the mess at the end. Anyway, the real work for Danica starts at Phoenix – a downforce track.

Daytona 500 later on today.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
Danica got bumped by Cole Whitt entering turn 3, ironically her JR Motorsports teammate. She was swearing over the radio about it – welcome to plate racing Patrick. You’re going to get wrecked many more times – so get used to it.

It seems whoever dares to even touch Danica’s car (perish the thought!), they have to apologise even more than usual. Cole Whitt kept on saying sorry on TV – why? Cole Whitt is a much better stock car driver than Danica is. Some of the best drivers in NASCAR have caused wrecks during Speedweeks, just look at Tony Stewart in Cup practice.

The ending of the Nationwide Race was hilarious; the car that was 11th exiting the final turn won the race. Buescher did a pretty good job of avoiding the mess at the end. Anyway, the real work for Danica starts at Phoenix – a downforce track.

Daytona 500 later on today.

i think she will find finishing very hard and will be back in indycar for 2013
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:59 pm

I think if Patrick wants have a chance of running competitively, she’ll need to spend two seasons in Nationwide to get used to the tracks and having to drive with finesse. I fear she’s going to run a full Cup schedule next year, which she’s not yet good enough for. Results at Daytona/Talladega are not going to define her career; she spoke on ESPN how she likes using the fenders and bumper to move other drivers out of the way. All that will do is make the car handle poorly.

I have no authority on this, but I don’t think she’s good enough for NASCAR. NASCAR is simply too competitive for her talent level, I still maintain: all she’s won is a fuel mileage IndyCar race. She is talented – but her progression does not reflect her driving abilities.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:59 am

I just read an incredible stat: of the 79 NASCAR Trucks and Nationwide cars that were entered at Daytona, 65 were involved in an accident – that’s incredible! I can only imagine the total repair bill…

BTW, the Daytona 500 was rained off yesterday. They’ll attempt to start the race at 12 am today (UK time)

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am

Crash going onto lap 2 involving J Johnson, Reagan, Bayne and Danica Patrick, Not Danicas fault though, Can't blame woman drivers this time around lol.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Nasty crash for Montoya involving the circuit cleaners causing it to explode
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 am

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/28/2830170/brad-keselowski-tweets-nascar-images
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:10 am

^^^ I was suprised about that, I wasn't aware that drivers were allowed to tweet whilst driving. I guess they only do it under caution - I hope so anyway! Shocked

Apparently, the rear trailing arms broke on Montoya's 42 car. JPM's teamate wrecked for a similar failure later on - it must have been a Ganassi failure in general. In real time the crash looks scary; I’ve never seen anything quite like that. Nick Heidfeld did lose control of his Sauber back in 2002 and snapped the door off an E55 AMG at Interlagos. Mario Andretti crashed into a truck in Detroit once – but it didn’t explode into a fire ball!

I quite liked the accident, I must admit. A massive fireball is a great way to attract new viewers - it was spectacular. So many fans turned up on a Monday night, maybe they preferred it to a Sunday afternoon..

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:09 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
^^^ I was suprised about that, I wasn't aware that drivers were allowed to tweet whilst driving. I guess they only do it under caution - I hope so anyway! Shocked

Apparently, the rear trailing arms broke on Montoya's 42 car. JPM's teamate wrecked for a similar failure later on - it must have been a Ganassi failure in general. In real time the crash looks scary; I’ve never seen anything quite like that. Nick Heidfeld did lose control of his Sauber back in 2002 and snapped the door off an E55 AMG at Interlagos. Mario Andretti crashed into a truck in Detroit once – but it didn’t explode into a fire ball!

I quite liked the accident, I must admit. A massive fireball is a great way to attract new viewers - it was spectacular. So many fans turned up on a Monday night, maybe they preferred it to a Sunday afternoon..

i think week nights in general could be very good for motorsport.

Something like BTCC live on a Tuesday evening could get a pretty big crowd in. There is far too much motorsport on a sunday, so most of it gets ignored
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 am

Think the whole weekend could be summed up in one word: crazy. crashing
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 am

Danica did pretty well steering through the two spinning cars out on the grass/infield Smile

hopefully she will have a bit of luck soon & get a break & finish a few races to get the confidence back up, three races in & the crashes, all of which were not her fault.

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR 2012   

Back to top Go down

NASCAR 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next