HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:33 am

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96752
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:34 am

I'm suprised that it's taken Solberg so long to get a factory seat since he left Subaru. This is a great opportunity for him, I assume Latvala is dumped a result. He crashed far too often to mount any sort of consistent challenge.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:35 am

I care, rallying is my favourite 4 wheel sport, but it's rare i can be arsed to comment/make threads about stuff haha.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
I'm suprised that it's taken Solberg so long to get a factory seat since he left Subaru. This is a great opportunity for him, I assume Latvala is dumped a result. He crashed far too often to mount any sort of consistent challenge.

Solberg didn't leave Subaru, they left him. I'm being picky, I know I shoundnt I just can't help it.

Why would ford dump latvalla? They don't have anyone else right now.
Quote :

I care, rallying is my favourite 4 wheel sport, but it's rare i can be arsed to comment/make threads about stuff haha.

I wish I could care more about rallying, but apart from live irc coverage of the monte Carlo rally I struggle to be excited, rallying seemed better in the 80's
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Rallying was better in the 80's. Wish i was alive for Group B Sad

Few years ago there was a legit group B Audi Quattro in a rally over here, i was at the start of the stage and you could hear it all the way through the stage, so awesome.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:01 am

Rallying is good but just lacks something might be the coverage. I do like how new cars are coming with mini last year and VW sorting out the Polo.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 am

The WRC needs to have the vast majority of stages televised live - show people how an actual rally stage works as opposed to crappy highlights. When the IRC is live on Eurosport, it's so much more captivating.

Back to top Go down
Cornish Pirate 7
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:15 am

Negotiations for Qatar to invest in the World Rally Championship have broken down, leaving Eurosport set to step in and take over the television and promotion of the series.

While no official announcements have been made, AUTOSPORT has seen internal correspondence from WRC promoter North One Sport confirming that the potential deal with Qatar is off. The Qatar deal, which was reckoned to have been worth millions of pounds over the coming years, was North One Sport's only hope of continuing as the promoter. The firm's parent company, Convers Sports Initiatives, went into administration at the end of last year.

The loss of the potential investor will cost around 40 full-time jobs and a further 20 on-event freelance staff in the world championship. North One Sport is expected to be closed as of Monday.

It is rumoured the FIA terminated North One Sport's contract as WRC rights-holder last night.

A North One source said: "It's unbelievable. We have come so close to landing this. The deal was on the table and, believe me, it would have been by far and away the best thing for the sport and for the World Rally Championship.

"What is desperately disappointing, after working so hard for 11 years on the WRC, is that nobody from the FIA picked up a phone and talked to us - and goodness knows we tried to call them. We were treated with complete contempt. I find it extraordinary given what the new investor could have done. It's a very sad day."

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Oh no, Eurosport were experts at delaying WRC coverage and showing snooker. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am

maybe if they have the right's they will try and do the same as they do with IRC and show it live as well. It's the only way to save it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)   

Back to top Go down

does anyine care about rallying? (Solberg joins Ford)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1