WTCC 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 am

Yes, I know that, but which version of Infineon? The short course or long course? There are a number of configurations at Infineon Raceway.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:35 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Yes, I know that, but which version of Infineon? The short course or long course? There are a number of configurations at Infineon Raceway.

It's not infineon, it's sears point, It's all Sears point.

WTCC should use the nascar track
No one should use the Indycar track
&
ALMS should have a race there
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 am

Whatever you want to call the track, the short course should be used. BTCC around the short course would be an epic brawl of bumper bashing, fender crunching and revenge-fuelled driving.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
Whatever you want to call the track, the short course should be used. BTCC around the short course would be an epic brawl of bumper bashing, fender crunching and revenge-fuelled driving.

yep

Infineon make computer chips for cars they are a sponsor of the race track Sears Point

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:04 am

Interestingly Infineon ends its sponsorship of Infineon in May. I didn't realise WTCC was back this weekend, I must be going off motor racing because I'm not very bothered by it.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:21 am

Tarquini on pole to beat the Chevy steamroller.....can he do it in the races though???????

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7295
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:47 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Interestingly Infineon ends its sponsorship of Infineon in May. I didn't realise WTCC was back this weekend, I must be going off motor racing because I'm not very bothered by it.

No wtcc isn't motorsport

Sebring next weekend, 64 cars. Are you picking a team?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 am

cerca trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:

Sebring next weekend, 64 cars. Are you picking a team?

Maybe, I probably will.

Wow, there was plenty of bumping and rubbing in race one. I really don’t know what Menu was thinking, trying to pass Huff around the first Lesmo. Didn’t he see that enormous blue Chevrolet alongside him? Instead of being stubborn about it, he should have conceded the corner and slotted in behind Huff – who had the optimum line into the turn.

At least there was a caution, which really spiced up the show.

Race two was thrilling, cannot believe I’m saying that about WTCC. To have eight cars practically nose-to-tail on a road course is very impressive. Tarquini really should bugger off and retire; he seems to hit anybody who is in front of him. He particularly doesn’t like Huff, Tarquini pushed Huff off last year in China, then decided to ram him at Monza.

Both races epitomised old-school racing at Monza, where being in front gives you little advantage. Once any driver got in front, they had to defend from the slipstreams from behind. IMO, that’s how racing at Monza should be like.

Holy crap, the poor pigeon that got killed. The aftermath of the pigeon would have left significant debris on the track; I think there should have been a caution to be safe.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Have to agree race 2 was really good, maybe the others have caught up with Chevy or maybe it's just Monza. Havent seen anything about Huffy penalties for knocking Yvan on the approach to the 1st chicane, maybe because he didn't benefit. Don't know whether we'll ever fine out if Muller braked early or Huffy was late on his.
Surprised to see Alex Macdowall doing so well and staying out of trouble, wasnt his strong point in BTCC. Ford's have clearly got some work to do to get in the hunt, but it is a new car.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:03 pm

I do dispise Muller.
Shame for Mizhellez
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:14 pm

--paddy-- wrote:
I do dispise Muller.
Shame for Mizhellez

I agree, it does seem that no ,matter what happens muller wins. It also seems that half the grid will happily ram huff off the track and yet let muller go, especially Tarquini ans Menu.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:11 am

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
Havent seen anything about Huffy penalties for knocking Yvan on the approach to the 1st chicane, maybe because he didn't benefit. Don't know whether we'll ever fine out if Muller braked early or Huffy was late on his.

Tarquini blatantly rammed Huff, which in turn sent Muller spinning. I think Huff should ram Tarquini out a race the next time he is front of him. That’ll teach him a lesson; Tarquini rammed Huff off the track in China last year too. Note how Tarquini doesn’t give Muller much hassle.

I really hope that Aon and Ford can hassle Chevrolet sometime soon, the problem for Ford is how accomplished the Cruze chassis is. I think if Aon are serious about WTCC, they’ll need more technical and financial assistance from The Ford Motor Company. I’m doubtful about Chilton too, he wasn’t exactly great in BTCC and don’t see him being a real contender – even with a good car. Chilton isn’t at Huff’s level.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:21 am

thats not what i saw, Tarquini made no contact with huffy in the braking zone, just the corner. I think Muller braked early.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 am

You could well be right, but I could have sworn that Tarquini made contact with Huff’s rear bumper. It was unusual, because they were all three taking a defensive line under braking, and even an innocent mistake could have resulted in contact.

Generally though, Tarquini does run into Huff rather more than he should. Zolder last year was another example of his stubborn driving. In comparison, he seems to roll out the red carpet for Muller and Menu when they come up in the mirror – it looks that way to me.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:59 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
You could well be right, but I could have sworn that Tarquini made contact with Huff’s rear bumper. It was unusual, because they were all three taking a defensive line under braking, and even an innocent mistake could have resulted in contact.

Generally though, Tarquini does run into Huff rather more than he should. Zolder last year was another example of his stubborn driving. In comparison, he seems to roll out the red carpet for Muller and Menu when they come up in the mirror – it looks that way to me.

yep, to be honest tarquini should have been banned for live for that move.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 am

Tarquini and Muller are mates from their time at SEAT. Yvan get a far easier time of things from Gabriele than the other drivers.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:00 pm

WTCC is coming from streets of Marrakech this weekend. It will probably be snoozy, but I’ll watch it for the crashes and safety car periods.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Wed May 02, 2012 3:58 am

Did anyone else see the races from Slovakia ring? Some good races and Chevy not simply running away. Tarquini was up to his usual antics and getting away with it. Yvan Muller was a bit more clumsy and got a drive thru in R1. Rob Huff finally got his first win this year in R2
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Wed May 02, 2012 4:45 am

wtcc annoys me, Tarquini and Muller get away with Murder repeatedly with little or no penalty. It was close to the bottom of my viewing list anyway but now it'a about last. Behind spanish f3.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 am

I totally agree, there is another issue as well. When the driver behind puts the bumper to another FWD car, it isn’t so bad because the driver who is sideways can stay in the throttle and usually carry on. Contact with a RWD car is much worse, because that driver in front has no choice but to lift off and usually spins out. However, why is contact with two FWD cars somehow less dirty?

This is the problem with too much regulation over “driving standards”, it leads to inconsistencies. There should be no penalties whatsoever – no hypocrisy then. These are touring cars, they’re supposed to have a little panel banging.

WTCC is like a nanny over driving standards, yet are oblivious to Tarquini’s driving. He shoved Huff at Zolder, shoved Huff again in China, hits Huff at Monza, now hits Muller. WTCC is a complete joke. If Tarquini is allowed to do the bump and run when he likes, so should others.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Thu May 31, 2012 5:49 am

Euroshit has got bored with WTCC, their not showing either Portugal race. This is a first. You cannot blame them, WTCC is seriously snoozy.

Its about time that WTCC had V8’s and 600 horsepower.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Thu May 31, 2012 9:09 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Euroshit has got bored with WTCC, their not showing either Portugal race. This is a first. You cannot blame them, WTCC is seriously snoozy.

Its about time that WTCC had V8’s and 600 horsepower.

v8's and 400 horse power would be more appropriate or v10's or v12's

actually just use superstars as the model for all touring cars and loose the rest.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 am

From personally watching NASCAR-sanctioned Eurocar at Brands Hatch, I’ve become convinced that WTCC needs to adopt stock cars. If it’s got a roof and a mainstream production-looking body, then it can be called a touring car. Those cars are powerful, have long braking zones, heavy and have barley any downforce – it’s a brilliant combination.

WTCC should ask NASCAR if they can run the Nationwide car – 700 horsepower.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:48 pm

but wtcc is superior to nascar surely?

it's a world championship lol!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:24 am

Haha, but, ear-splitting 5.7 litre V8’s with 700 bhp would always be superior compared to four cylinder motors! Very Happy

With tin top’s, the championship that has the most intense, exciting racing is the most superior to me. Okay, so stock cars on road courses are bulky, cumbersome and fairly slow. But when they produce the racing they do, along with that soundtrack, I don’t really care.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTCC 2012   

Back to top Go down

WTCC 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next