PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 am

yes. twitter was going mad this morning. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 am

not sure about the return of Kimi, but Lotus/Renault need someone to replace Kubica as it looks like he'll not be driving for a while yet, and possibly not with the Enstone team.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 am

Fantastic news, Raikkonen is a superb driver and the sport needs another great talent like him to reduce the effect of all these pay drivers. He surely must be one of the most naturally gifted drivers that F1 has seen, maybe not the most motivational, communicative or successful - but certainly a guy you want to watch driving a race car.

I think he'll be competitive from Albert Park, he has driven with this generation of aero regulations and KERS, so he won't be totally out of the loop like Schumi was when he returned last year. I sincerely hope that Petrov gets dumped, he spent most of last year totalling Renault's chassis' and has got outpaced by the far less experienced Senna. With the amount of cars that Petrov wrecked last year, Renault must have used his Russian money to repair his car.

Last edited by Mobil 1 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:42 am

I guess time will tell if this becomes either be a decent enough return, or an 'uncomfortable' epilogue to his first career.

Could also make or break the team as well. They're on the back foot as it is already.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:45 am

Interesting is how I'll put it, wasn't expecting him to come back with Renault but if he's able to come in and help develop next seasons car it should give them a massive boost ahead of the new season, let's be honest this season's car has been crap it's been peddling round near the back, not where a team that has been double world champions expects to be, as SIR says he's a talented driver (well in F1) so I'm looking forward to it and who knows Lotus Renault F1 team GP could be heading back to the front of the grid
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 am

I think it's more worthwhile going to Lotus-Renault than at Williams, Williams have tried to be radical with their car year by year - but it simply doesn't work. One would hope that 2011 was not an indication of things to come for Renault, they started off with a competitive baseline - but the R31 simply went into reverse as the year progressed. That's not encouraging in a sport where effective in-season development is a prerequisite just to maintain position, let alone leapfrog other cars. I hope they understand why their 2011 developments didn't work, or the same errors will be made in 2012.

The R31 had terrible traction and mechanical grip, that was best displayed at Singapore - Lotus (green) beat a Renault. That's when things really hit rock bottom. I hope that Renault don't turn into a Williams, where they make a bit of progress in one year, slip back in another etc. At least if the 2012 car is decent, Kimi can churn out good results. Senna and Petrov couldn't have turned a crap car into a good one, but, when the car is good - I believe Kimi can reach it's full potential.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:00 am

From what I understand Renault know exactly where the car went wrong it was seen as a huge failure, they tried new parts that seemed good in the wind tunnel but on the track was just making it worse, the main problem seemed to be the exhaust system but was too much to alter during a season, I really hope it gets sorted because I'll once again be fully supporting the team even with a name change to me it's still Renault F1 team that was once dominant and I'd love to see a return to that
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 am

Kimi is driving a Bennetton next year isn't he?

Rosberg and Schumacher are driving Tyrrell's

Vettel and Webber are Driving Stewart's

Torro Rosso is Minardi

etc,etc
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 am

Renault knew their front facing exhaust system didn't work well when the car engulfed in flames in Barcelona and Hungary. Laughing

Cerca Trova wrote:

Torro Rosso is Minardi

etc,etc

Pedantically, I suppose so!

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:31 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Renault knew their front facing exhaust system didn't work well when the car engulfed in flames in Barcelona and Hungary. Laughing

Cerca Trova wrote:

Torro Rosso is Minardi

etc,etc

Pedantically, I suppose so!

If lotus are still called Renault in any form next year then I think it fine to call them by there original names.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:37 am

Thing is they stuck with it and everything that was put on to try and improve it just failed.
Cerca is sort of right there too with the teams, if Force India improve that'll be a Jordan won't it? Although don't want to be picky on this but didn't Benetton come about in place of the original Renault F1 team from the 80s?

You know what is really annoying though the Lotus team next yeah will be seen as a British car so if by some fairly mad set of results and they win a race next season they'll play the British anthem not the French one
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:30 pm

started as toleman --> Benetton --> Reanult --> Lotus

It looks like Renault was Renault orginally entered and pulled out as a team. Plus Toleman and Renault crossed over.
Back to top Go down
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:53 pm

Cerca Trova wrote:

Torro Rosso is Minardi

etc,etc

I have a job at Safeway, I suppose...

But who, to be honest, cares??!

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Now here's something a little bit more interesting about that team that was once called Toleman...

http://www.formula1blog.com/2011/12/01/spanish-female-driver-near-deal-with-renault/

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:58 am

Maria De Valotta is slower than danica though iirc
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:28 am

Romain Grosjean has got the second Renault seat: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96698

Well well, both Renault drivers get dumped. I'm so glad that Petrov has been replaced, he was slow and had a penuche for crashing. Senna was faster than him with vastly less experience.

Raikkonen and Grosjean is a pretty good line-up, possibly even stronger than Kubica and somebody else could have been. Raikkonen is a great natural talent, and Grosjean drove well in GP2 and has F1 Grand Prix experience. I had always been a bit sceptical about Grosjean, yeah he had done well in GP2, but he didn't come across as a great driver like Hamilton or Rosberg were in GP2. He came across as a driver who waits for things to happen, rather than making them happen and overtaking quickly. But, he won this years GP2 Championship with a lot more poise and aggression - plus he adapted to the Renault F1 car very quickly with no experience in the practice sessions.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:11 am

i hope Grosjean uses this chance well. i do like Grosjean.

I do think Petrov will go to williams extra money for them.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:28 am

That would be a disaster for Williams, Petrov would bring in the $$$Öonly for it to be spent repairing the cars that he wrecks.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:10 am

Don't think we'll hear of Petrov again, he started off really well but he went downhill faster than the car did and just turned it into a banger race

I'm really happy with the line up for Renault this year it won't be instant success but who knows it might come good again
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:11 am

I do think Petrov has a chance in F1

French Fancy wrote:
I'm really happy with the line up for Renault this year it won't be instant success but who knows it might come good again

You mean lotus Wink nothing really much of renault left in the team.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 am

MotorracingP wrote:

French Fancy wrote:

True, like how Skoda's are rebadged as VW's and Audi's. Wink Laughing

I admired how Petrov spoke his mind about how bad Renault were, the team performed terribly for most of 2011 considering the resource of the team. But, that's where the sympathy ends. If heís not crashing, heís being lacklustre. Heidfeld turned up late in 2011 yet scored more points than Petrov up until he was dropped, somebody with barley any experience in the team. Senna scored points on occasions and often out-raced Petrov, again, Senna was somebody with no race experience with the car or team.

Petrov was good in GP2, but wasnít exactly startling. Thatís translated to F1, the only difference being that the amount of cars he has totalled in F1.

Last edited by Mobil 1 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
MotorracingP wrote:

French Fancy wrote:

True, like how Skoda's are rebadged as VW's and Audi's. Wink Laughing

by that thoery arn't all mercedes just rebagded smarts?

and there's nothing left of renault in lotus, and then they supply engines. Like Williams Renault was in the early ninetys.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:31 am

Itís not an insult, itís a genuine point. Skodaís, Seatís VWís and Audiís share the same engines, chassisí, gearboxes, suspension systems and even some of the same interior fittings. SMART is a weird brand, it uses bespoke components and the Smart Two Four has nothing to do with Mercedes models, not even with the smallest Mercedes, the A-Class.

The way that VAGís brands are interlinked cannot be compared to anything else in the motor industry, but, the point is that Daimler doesnít share bits between SMART and Mercedes.

All of Renault has goneÖexcept for one bit. The engine factory in Viry Chilton, France was set up by Renault to build the 1.5 litre turbo engines in the 1980ís, it produced the V10ís for Williams, and produced V10ís and V8ís for themselves from 2002 to this current day. The engine factory is the only aspect that has consistently been owned by Renault. But, when the V6 turbo debuts in 2014 Ė Renaultís input will be as important as it was in 2006 when the V8ís were introduced.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 am

That wonderful factory will be very busy building the new V6 engine, by then every F1 team with the exception of Mercedes will have a Renault engine, it's a shame Renault ended the production of both chassis and engine but money had a huge part to play in that, hopefully Lotus F1 team can get the once dominant team back to the front, ok it's not fully Renault now but I'll still support the team because the other teams with Renault power just arn't the same even if one of them is rather unstoppable at the moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimi Raikkonen to    

Back to top Go down

Kimi Raikkonen to
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next