Share | 

WTCC finale - Macau

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: WTCC finale - Macau   Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Congratulations to Yvan Muller, 2011 WTCC Champion, unlucky Rob Huff only 3 points off in the end with a double win at Macau.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:17 am

I felt sorry for Huff, because he’s driven superbly this year. He’s been able to beat and match Muller on a frequent basis, but Huff has perhaps been a bit too polite. Tarquini shoved him off the track in the last Chinese round, and Muller smacked him in the door at Donington Park. Next year Huff needs to get more aggressive and use that front bumper to move other cars out of the way.

Huff drove a fantastically defensive race in round 24, Muller seemed to have a longer sixth gear allowing him to get a run on Huff down the long straights and into the corner. Huff positioned the car wonderfully, blocking Muller immediately after the high speed kink, and ensuring that Muller didn’t do the cross-over move into the second right hand turn.

Did Nykjaer want to race for position or be a doormat? In the second race, he just rolled out the red carpet for Yvan to pass him into the first tight corner, he didn’t even attempt a defensive move – just weak.

What was O'Young thinking in race one, turning in on Bennani? It reminded me of Hamilton’s and Massa’s clash in India. Putting the invisible blinkers on and pretending that a car isn’t partially alongside you will get you wrecked in every circumstance.

The Macau marshalling may need a tweak for next year, what they were doing with Couto’s Seat was baffling. Instead of towing away that wrecked car, they decided to extinguish the bonnet – leaving more leaking fluid on the track! I enjoyed the safety car periods though, very exciting indeed.

I really hope that WTCC improves drastically for next year. The vast majority of the drivers are not world class by any means, a lot of them are national-standard drivers who’ve been bought in to prop up a very weak championship. More makes of car, manufacturer’s and better drivers are needed. In my opinion; you cannot call front wheel drive, tarted up national series cars, with four cylinder washing machine’s “World Touring Cars”. If we're working on that basis, the VW Polo Cup can have world status. DTM and V8 Supercars are much more like it, with RWD and big fire breathing V8’s.

Oh, I was glad to see Colin Turkington’s replacement drove really well…

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 am

Well done to Yvan Muller on winning the Chevrolet touring car championship.

I don't think World touring car champion means that much now. compare to the likes of when factory seat, BMW and that were in with with Andy P and all the other drivers. i was full on now. now its just Chevrolet
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:55 am

MotorracingP wrote:
the Chevrolet touring car championship.

Laughing

WTCC will be extra shit compared to DTM next year, one series will have a load of four cylinder washing machine's, whilst the other will have the three German giants battling it out with gurgling petrol V8's - no contest.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:27 am

according to Autosport Arena look to be leaving BTCC to do WTCC with the Global Focus. Whilst it may not happen would be good to see another team and brand enter, plus give the chance for Gio and Thommo to show Tom Chilton what really good TC drivers can do. They say they want a couple of experienced drivers, so Gio, Thommo, Rydell or Tarquini are the obvious choices.

Not sure DTM will improve that much next year, although it cant get worse than the least few seasons that i've read about, now it's on ESPN i don't even get to see it

BTCC seems to be where the action is in TC racing in Europe at the moment, hope that continues, even if the lack of money means all but Plato and Neal are pay drivers.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 am

I think DTM will improve. i think the new cars will be good top 3 germans giants going at it sounds good.

WTCC just lost it but Chevrolet have stuck at it and now they can claim there world champion..........

BTCC i have few problems with it. one the cars and two its lets see who can hit each other the most. it is exciting racing but.......
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Interesting to hear that Arena might join WTCC, it would be good to have Ford represented in the series. As one of the largest car makers with such a global reach, Ford seems a good fit for WTCC. Yeah, Chilton couldn't rely on his family to bail him out driving against Giovanardi or Thompson. Hope they wouldn't go for Tarquini, I hope he gets booted out of WTCC with his penuche for bashing others off the track at any given opportunity. I like aggression, but he takes the piss.

BTCC has boring engines being four cylinder, but, the racing is absolutely fantastic - probably the best of all road course racing. I agree that DTM's UK coverage is a problem, I often look at the Sky viewing guide and they often cannot be bothered to show the races live. DTM is getting no exposure whatsoever on ESPN - I would rather have it back on Motors TV - even with crappy sound and picture quality.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 pm

Plus also Ford vs GM is a huge battle of giants and would be good to see on the world stage as well as NASCAR and V8SC's etc
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:28 am

Ford v General Motors is a great long time rivalry, as you say in NASCAR and V8 Supercars too. That battle would be handy for next year's North American round at Infineon Raceway, it could be billed as "Chevrolet v Ford" - could attract some punters.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTCC finale - Macau   

Back to top Go down

WTCC finale - Macau
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1