PostSubject: Grand Theft Auto V   Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:56 pm

it's coming bounce

announced today by R*

http://www.rockstargames.com/

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:21 am

Cool

Wonder if there is any significance in the styling of the the V

Looks more gangster again, Like San Andreas maybe?
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:40 am

I want it set in 80's again like Vice City cos I loved that and was for me the best they made
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:16 am

Mr Frenchie wrote:
I want it set in 80's again like Vice City cos I loved that and was for me the best they made

Amen to that, I still play that now

The music was quality ten

nothing better then driving along listening to

God I want this game so much, If it's anything but a new vice city am going to be proper pissed
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:54 am

Awesome!!! I've always thought that Grand Theft Auto games are THE most enjoyable to play. The ability to go anywhere and do virtually anything is pretty much unrivalled.

The big question: where will this version be based?

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

lets hope its a good game. I think Assassin creed is better for free roaming and has more interesting storyline.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:07 am

GTA storyline’s have always been a bit weak and insignificant, compared to rival game franchises like the Getaway and Mafia. But, GTA’s level of freedom is far more extensive than Assassin Creed’s. Can you pimp girls, rob houses, eat at a restaurant, smash and drive cars, boats, planes, trains, motorbikes, scooters, shoot pedestrians on a jet pack, go for a swim, drive a car on water, or, go to a club on Assassin Creed?

The level of flexibility and roaming that exists on GTA is unrivalled.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:36 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Awesome!!! I've always thought that Grand Theft Auto games are THE most enjoyable to play. The ability to go anywhere and do virtually anything is pretty much unrivalled.

The big question: where will this version be based?

its set in recession hit L.A

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
GTA storyline’s have always been a bit weak and insignificant, compared to rival game franchises like the Getaway and Mafia. But, GTA’s level of freedom is far more extensive than Assassin Creed’s. Can you pimp girls, rob houses, eat at a restaurant, smash and drive cars, boats, planes, trains, motorbikes, scooters, shoot pedestrians on a jet pack, go for a swim, drive a car on water, or, go to a club on Assassin Creed?

Yes, GTA has more free roaming stuff because its more modern time. you can't go ride the subway in 1504 can you that would silly and stupid if you could, but you can a row a boat and swim just like in GTA no differance there, the killing much better in Assassin Creed as well double hidden blade is mint, Poison darts, the way you can kill someone with your sword and then shoot them off with your gun one of many moves you can do and the fact they have improved the game everytime is better! and they are using history aswell is more interesting and you are also a person in modern time aswell in the who has more of role in the 3rd game. In the 3rd game you are playing as all 3 characters aswell and they have new weapons aswell..........

But GTA should be good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 am

Mobil 1 wrote:

Now there was a series, wish they'd make a new one Sad
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 am

Getaway was one of those game franchises that you could forgive all it's flaw's for the epic storylines and driving around the streets of London.

Quote :
Yes, GTA has more free roaming stuff because its more modern time. you can't go ride the subway in 1504 can you that would silly and stupid if you could, but you can a row a boat and swim just like in GTA no differance there, the killing much better in Assassin Creed as well double hidden blade is mint, Poison darts, the way you can kill someone with your sword and then shoot them off with your gun one of many moves you can do and the fact they have improved the game everytime is better! and they are using history aswell is more interesting and you are also a person in modern time aswell in the who has more of role in the 3rd game. In the 3rd game you are playing as all 3 characters aswell and they have new weapons aswell..........

But isn't what you originally said:

Quote :
I think Assassin creed is better for free roaming

That’s not true. For ultimate free roaming, whether either game is set in modern times or not – GTA has far, far more extensive roaming and flexibility than Assassin Creed.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:51 am

because 1500's are not the same as 2011 is it Exclamation like i said before for example you can ride the subway in those times can you Exclamation

no assassin creed is better for free roaming! for its time compared to GTA
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:14 am

You made the basic statement of saying that Assassin Creed has more free roaming then GTA does, and now you've invented a completely different point that Assassin Creed has more roaming in its era than GTA games have in its era's (no idea how you quantify that).

Quote :
no assassin creed is better for free roaming! for its time compared to GTA

I'm glad your so immensely knowledgeable of what mobility was like in 1500, the 1970's (GTA Vice City) and GTA III (2001) and other years. GTA's sheer flexibility and freedom pisses all over Assassin Creed, and excusing the latter because it's based in old times is just a cop out. I'm pretty sure that Assassin Creed's developers didn't intend the game to have free roaming on a scale like GTA's, most games don't. To think of it, the original Mafia game was set in 1930 and that had more free roaming.

Games like GTA, Mafia and Getaway and are deliberately accessible and have such vast free foaming - that's one of the USP's. I don't have a clue how Assassin Creed can be compared with GTA, but I didn't bring up the point when speaking about GTA.

Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:25 am

there is a lot of stuff in the GTA games when you look at it, most people don't ever complete more than 50% of it, there are lots of extra missions, yes they are small & take time to do but they are there, i bet it takes some time to write the story for the game & in single player i bet 99% players play GTA longer than they do COD for example, all people seem to do with COD is play online, now yes thats all fine & good, but its no different to last years game, all that it is is new maps basically £40 DLC, single player gaming should be first & foremost because multyplayer is easy.

maybe it's just me, all we had at the start was single player until split-screen came along, COD MW2 was wank for single player ! Mad

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:35 am

an arguement with sav i didn't start, oh joy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:46 am

Oh dear Embarassed Laughing , but it's rather complimentary of you to say I didn't start it. Laughing Razz .

Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 am

<3 the arguments on this forum Laughing

GTA v Assassins Creed V COD lol!
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 am

Those tracks that Steven posted are just brilliant I loved it, whenever I hear kids in America I think of that game, oh and I sing along too, but for me the ultimate was Spandau Ballet. GOLD! I'm sorry I just love that song, oh and Vice city is still the only GTA game I've 100% completed getting my hands on that final mansion was great.

Oh and the new one should be set in the UK somewhere like oh I don't know Leeds maybe.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:16 am

best GTA experience has to be flooring it through the desert in a Bulllet (Ford GT)

listening to Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Runnin' Down A Dream

bounce

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:25 am

GTA 3 and San Andreas have to be my favourites. GTA 3 represented a huge development in moving away from 2D view, and at the time, the game's depth and freedom to go anywhere was amazing. San Andreas was superb for it's sheer scale; you could be in a big, empty desert, a farm in the countryside or the urban city environment. San Andreas was so vast that I didn't know where I was going a lot of the time. Embarassed Laughing

I'd like GTA to return to the UK, I know that is unlikely to happen, but, to drive on the streets of London at night would be pretty special. LA will be good though.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:34 am

We find out sometime today cheers cheers

Probs about 12 hours from now
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 am

I read a rumour that GTA V won't have a disc, but will have a downloadable code instead. Strangely, that will be sold in retail stores as well. No real reason to buy a code from a retailer, at least with a disc you are making a physical purchase - making sense getting it from them.

Yep, cannot wait for the trailer. Apparently, a release window will also be announced.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:14 am

just seen the trailer i am impressed looks like the quality has improved
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:58 am

I must of watched it about 20 times now, Looking at different things in the background trying to get more hints from it. lol,

It looks like it's quite well built as well, So hopefully it will come in the first part of next year and not around this time next year.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:14 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
I read a rumour that GTA V won't have a disc, but will have a downloadable code instead. Strangely, that will be sold in retail stores as well. No real reason to buy a code from a retailer, at least with a disc you are making a physical purchase - making sense getting it from them.

Yep, cannot wait for the trailer. Apparently, a release window will also be announced.

nope, it was some gaming analyst that said this, the PS3 Blu-ray disc is 50GB so how long is it going to take people to download a 40GB game & also have space to store it ? what about xbox owners & their limited HD space.

the trailer

looks very nice, not much detail on the story though.

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V   

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next