The New DTM starts here!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Final dtm round of the season this weekend!

BMW v Mercedes! 3 points the difference. Hoping for BMW title win!

Mercedes! Have 2 drivers retiring DC and Suise Wolff
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:27 am

I don’t mind who wins, both drivers deserve the title in their own respects. Paffett has maintained a comfortable gap for most of the season, but a few incidents have closed things up. Gary may have won at the Norisring, only he got spun out at the first corner. Zanvoort was another disaster. To his credit, he’s played damage limitation very well.

Spengler’s recent dominant wins have allowed him to haul in. BMW Motorsport deserves full praise for their effort this year, whatever happens. They’ve developed a brand new car which has been so reliable and fast, considering the regulations were fairly static, it’s an amazing achievement. DTM cars are completely different to S2000 cars, being purpose-built – Schnitzer has only reinforced their legendary credentials.

Hockenheim is the most suitable track for DTM cars, with the heavy braking zones. It might still be boring, but April’s race wasn’t too bad.

MotorracingP wrote:

Mercedes! Have 2 drivers retiring DC and Suise Wolff

And Ralf.

This sounds harsh; but Ralf, DC and Susie are wasted seats in DTM. Mercedes is losing a lot of points for star names and a deliberately chosen female. Somebody like Ralf should have never been in a HWA car; HWA drivers are supposed to fight for titles, given the superior team – Ralf struggles to beat the back markers on occasions. In fact, Ralf is the back marker too frequently.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:37 am

Mercedes were shocking at valencia. watching them going into turn 1

Paffett has been clever staying out of trouble and picking wins,podium and points. only valencia was a no finish.

Spengler in valencia went for it and it was great to see. I do hope spengler wins it as BMW were fantastic in valencia!

that is harsh but true. mercedes need top drivers. in all green and paffett are only top the drivers. i wonder who will replace them

i wonder who will get the final 2 bmw as they expand to 8

BMW have done a cracking job.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:53 am

Mercedes has been strong with Green and Paffett. They have to some extent negated the deficiencies in Mercedes’ other drivers. DTM is mostly snoozy, but that final lap at Norisring was motorsport gold – Green has kept himself in contention with races like that.

“Team MTEK” is the fourth BMW team, drivers not yet known.

Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm

MotorracingP wrote:
Mercedes were shocking at valencia. watching them going into turn 1

Oh they were totally diabolical and I was not surprised to see how poor they were in qualifying

MotorracingP wrote:
Spengler in valencia went for it and it was great to see. I do hope spengler wins it as BMW were fantastic in valencia!

Bruno was on it, as were all the BMW guys, it seems they've built a good solid car. Do you think though that BMW were fantastic due to our experience with them? Nah sod it they were amazing all weekend.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:31 am

Well, that was another snoozy DTM race, but the first two retained an air of tension. Spengler was definitely faster in the first part of the race, but Gary slowly reeled in Spenger. If you want a lesson in aero turbulence, that was it. Once Gary caught Spengler to around 1.5 secs, he stopped gaining.

Spengle drove beautifully, albeit aided by Farfus, but I wanted a real battle for the championship, nose-to-tail. DTM really, really needs to reduce the downforce and grip on these cars, they have barley any tyre drop off and look too planted to the circuit. These cars should be squirrely on the exit of turns, it’s like they’re all wheel driven.

I was really hoping for a showdown on the circuit, it was coming...then the excess downforce ruined the excitement.

I still cannot believe BMW have won the title. This is a completely new type of car, compared to what teams like Schnitzer have experience with. These aren’t production based and don’t have carbon brakes, it highlights how others have underperformed.

Poor old DC; got dumped by Scheider. That was the most exciting bit of the race, which says it all.

Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 am

Even with a team like Schnitzer on-board, I think it's safe to say that no-one expected this from BMW in their return year. Shocked

All 3 titles with a brand new car against marques that have effectively owned the series. Quite an achievement by any standards.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:14 am

Love that sig CJ. Cool

What I meant, was that Schnitzer is mainly used to racing production-based cars with steel brakes, not purpose-built carbon built, aero dominated cars with carbon brakes. Considering their lack of know-how with these particular types of cars, their achievement is that much more impressive.

Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:06 am

You know what, it didn't occur to me at all that this was their first attempt at this type of race car. scratch

Glad you like the sig. Might keep it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 am

CJ wrote:
You know what, it didn't occur to me at all that this was their first attempt at this type of race car. scratch

Glad you like the sig. Might keep it for a while.

Oi cheeky. Laughing

Thinking back to Hockenheim, BMW have even perfected the typical super fast pitstop. That second stop really sealed the deal for Spengler, and sadly sealed Gary's position as runner up. BMW stops are better than Mercedes imo, which still appear slower than the competition and inconsistent, after all these years.

Schnitzer must feel glad to be the top BMW team once again, after getting beat in WTCC by RBM.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:24 am

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103649

2013 DTM calendar:

5th May Hockenheim (D)
19th May Brands Hatch (GB)
2nd June Spielberg (A)
16th June Lausitzring (D)
7th July Norisring (D)
21st July Zandvoort (NL)
4th August Moscow (RUS)
18th August Nurburgring (D)
15th September Oschersleben (D)
29th September TBA
20th October Hockenheim (D)

The one 2012 circuit missing is Valencia, which had been expected to lose the rights to host the Spanish round to Barcelona

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New DTM starts here!!   

Back to top Go down

The New DTM starts here!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6