James Nash
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 pm

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2701&month=0&year=2008&form=&searchterm=

Last rounds on Sunday, so after the F1 you should be able to switch to ITV4 and spend the rest of the day watching BTCC.
Neal, Shedden and Plato are battling for the overall title, with Mat Jackson and James Nash very outside possibilities, it's more about the Indie championship for them.
Expect the turbo's to be on top as Silverstone is basically 3 straights, unless Alan Gow meddles again or if it rains. With other potential race winners like the AON Focuses, the NGTC cars of Wrathall and Austin it won't be plain sailing for the championship contenders.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:47 pm

I voted for Shedden, partly because i want him to win out of the main 3, but i think he will do it this year.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Great to see Thommo back albeit 20 odd races too late Laughing Maybe setting up a deal for next season? Wink

I've gone for Sheddon as well. It will be great seeing the other 2 put each other in the wall, While Gordon just does the job perfectly lol.

It will be hard to judge to be honest because no doubt the NGTC cars will have an advantage at Silverstone, So the 3 title contenders may not be fighting for the win.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:43 am

So want to win the VW Golf thats in the competition! Draw is this weekend!
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:15 am

I hope Thommo returns i've missed him and the BTCC has missed him too, can we have Yvan Muller and Rickard Rydell too?

Oh and i'd love Plato to finish top but just can't see it
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:35 pm

and we'd like Colin Turkington and Fabrizio Giovanardi back as well, be a better driver line up the WTCC easily
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:40 am

I'd like to see a legend's race like they had a few years ago. The stars of the Super Touring era (including Mansell); and Giovanardi, Plato, Neal, Turkington and Muller. There would be no driving standards rules, they could wreck whoever they like - that would make for a juicy race!

Scores would be settled on the race track, a bit like the drivers taking their gloves off and having a fight.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Matt Neal on pole http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2716&month=0&year=2008&form=&searchterm=

As expected Plato struggled compared to the turbo's, so unless Alan Gow ties both Honda's in knots, he's in for a really hard day.

Coverage on ITV4 starts at 11am and first race is 11.45 i believe.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:16 am

Congratulations to Matt Neal on his 3rd title, also to Honda Racing/Dynamics, James Nash & Triple Eight for their respective Indie titles
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 am

I found the racing a tad boring, the National Circuit is so bland. Apart from Copse, it uses the boring sections of Silverstone. The safety car periods definitely helped to spice up the show though.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 am

The main title battle was fairly boring, looked like behind there was some good battling going on, just ITV focused on the Honda's, so was hard to see what else was going on.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:05 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
I found the racing a tad boring, the National Circuit is so bland. Apart from Copse, it uses the boring sections of Silverstone. The safety car periods definitely helped to spice up the show though.

Have to agree that track is crap its too short and nowt about it at all

Having said that well done Matt look forward to 2012 now and see what races i'll go to
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:14 am

Croft are holding 2011 prices up until mid December, so may be worth getting in early.
Donington hasn't got a date yet, Superstars is provisionally 20th May, and WTCC April 15th so they may not have a window early in the season. I hope Silverstone get pedestrian access sorted to the new paddock, then at least BTCC can move and use the new short track.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:33 pm

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
I hope Silverstone get pedestrian access sorted to the new paddock, then at least BTCC can move and use the new short track.

Couldn't agree more, not sure how the new Silverstone was launched without easy access to the paddock - the current route is a bad joke. It would then stop BTCC running on that ultra boring National layout.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase   

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Finale + Thommo joins Motorbase
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1