HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Fia GT1 embarresment again.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:24 am

Version 2.0 of the gt1 world championship rules have already been scrapped by SRO. The 2012 hybrid rules of gt1, gt2 and gt3 cars with each being balanced to gt1 spec have been scrapped after just 7 teams applied for the series. In this latest desperated attempt to get the GT1 world championship grids upto 20 will see gt3 cars as the basis with former gt1 cars being slowed down to fit and the gt2 element scrapped complete.

With the Blancpain endurance series do so well running to the original race format SRO Gt ran too, this again looks like egg on the face or stephane retal.

Ok, ok i like rubbing it in.

Read about it in a more proffesional form here

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111005/ALMS/111009948
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:37 am

Even though FIA GT1 looks like a disaster, it has brilliant wheel-to-wheel racing. Couldn't really care if there were 20 or 40 cars; the cars are noisy, the racing is great and the races are not so long to get too snoozy - that's all what matters.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:25 pm

they can't get 20 cars

that racing you like (and it is quite good) costs the teams a fortune they don't have. It's a format that won't last much longer like superleague formula.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9661
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 26
Location : Last seen lurking about in the Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 am

and a team has decided to focus something else

planetlemans on twitter wrote:
Marc VDS Racing Team confirms @gt1world departure. Team will focus on Blancpain Endurance Series exclusively in 2012. Will run BMW Z4 GT3.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:58 am

now thats shocking lol!

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9661
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 26
Location : Last seen lurking about in the Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:00 am

Marc VDS Racing Team have had a better time in Blancpain....GT1 is expensive i know they had some crash and shipping the car around the will cost. clearly better series for them is blancpain.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:45 am

The good news is that FIA GT1 is getting more makes of car, like Audi and McLaren. The bad news is that there will be no UK round. Have the FIA joined it's government's hatred of the UK? There are no UK rounds for WTCC or GT1. It's baffling considering the motor racing fan base in the UK.

WTCC is shit with four cylinder hair dryers, but I would have liked to attend GT1 with the tasty petrol V8 machinery.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:10 am

fia gt1 isn't coming to the uk for the same reason wtcc isn't. Nobody wants to pay to host it because nobody turned up last year.

interestingly the Blancpain endurance series which has the same cars is coming to the uk with a round at silverstone.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:23 pm

I attended FIA GT1 at Silverstone this year, and the turnout didnít seem too bad. There were a lot of people around the spectator banks, just not in the grandstands. I really doubt the UK rounds of GT1 and WTCC had lower attendance figures than in other countries.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9661
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 26
Location : Last seen lurking about in the Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:00 am

i heard GT1 is struggling for teams. Audi and Mclaren have signed up but what other teams.

I do think Blancpain is a better series.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:31 am

The Silverstone round was good, usually longer races just get snoozy and drawn out. I haven't watched enough of Blanchpain to make an overview of the whole series.

I really like FIA GT3 spec cars though, cars like the R8, Z4, F430 and DBRS9 all have fruity sounding motors.


_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9661
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 26
Location : Last seen lurking about in the Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 am

all blancpain races are on youtube.

I do think they could do GT world championship can be better run. Its seem like SRO is making everything expensive with cars but i do think GT world championship is need and i think FIA GT before 2010 was good with GT1 and GT2 however GT1 has ran its course.

I like FIA GT3 cars lots of cars but its way too expensive and upgrade package on ferrari was the same price and cost of one....... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9661
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 26
Location : Last seen lurking about in the Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 am

new calendar for GT1

Quote :
SRO confirms heavily revised GT1 calendar. Zandvoort and San Luis out - Korea and Slovakia in.

6th - 9th April: Nogaro, France

20th - 22nd April: Zolder, Belgium

26th - 27th May: Navarra, Spain

8th - 10th June: Slovakia Ring, Slovakia

6th - 8th July: Algarve, Portugal

24th - 25th August: Beijing Goldenport, China

30th August - 2nd September: Ordos, China

14th - 16th September: Korean International Circuit, Korea (*)

29th - 30th September: Moscow, Russia (*)

30th November - 2nd December: Delhi, India

(*) To be confirmed by April 15th at the latest
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 am

I like GT1 because it had great wheel-to-wheel racing in 2010 and 11, but that calendar has some BS rounds. India is more important than the UK? India and Korea may be emerging countries, but their respective motor racing fan base's are minuscule for a less influential series like GT1.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
I like GT1 because it had great wheel-to-wheel racing in 2010 and 11, but that calendar has some BS rounds. India is more important than the UK? India and Korea may be emerging countries, but their respective motor racing fan base's are minuscule for a less influential series like GT1.

Gt1 is a dead duck mate. India and whoever else are paying transport etc to get them there. There's no cars, half the grid at least Is Sro funded and teams have been moved from gt3 to gt1 by Sro to make up the grid.

Its dying embrace Blancpain now. Blancpain is turning again teams and cars and is over subscribed gt1 like I said has sro funding half the grid and gt3 is almost as empty.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9661
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 26
Location : Last seen lurking about in the Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:56 am

There is no GT1, its GT3 cars now.

Blancpain is place for GT3 cars, 50 entries for monza! it was great series last year.

with 14 458 8 mclarens. going to be good race.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 am

cerca trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:
I like GT1 because it had great wheel-to-wheel racing in 2010 and 11, but that calendar has some BS rounds. India is more important than the UK? India and Korea may be emerging countries, but their respective motor racing fan base's are minuscule for a less influential series like GT1.

Gt1 is a dead duck mate. India and whoever else are paying transport etc to get them there. There's no cars, half the grid at least Is Sro funded and teams have been moved from gt3 to gt1 by Sro to make up the grid.

Its dying embrace Blancpain now. Blancpain is turning again teams and cars and is over subscribed gt1 like I said has sro funding half the grid and gt3 is almost as empty.

I donít really have a preference, I only liked GT1 because despite the lack of cars, it provided excellent racing. FIA GT3 was very good last year, the power and downforce of GT3 cars seems to work quite well.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
cerca trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:
I like GT1 because it had great wheel-to-wheel racing in 2010 and 11, but that calendar has some BS rounds. India is more important than the UK? India and Korea may be emerging countries, but their respective motor racing fan base's are minuscule for a less influential series like GT1.

Gt1 is a dead duck mate. India and whoever else are paying transport etc to get them there. There's no cars, half the grid at least Is Sro funded and teams have been moved from gt3 to gt1 by Sro to make up the grid.

Its dying embrace Blancpain now. Blancpain is turning again teams and cars and is over subscribed gt1 like I said has sro funding half the grid and gt3 is almost as empty.

I donít really have a preference, I only liked GT1 because despite the lack of cars, it provided excellent racing. FIA GT3 was very good last year, the power and downforce of GT3 cars seems to work quite well.

It was btcc with million pound cars, why did I see that before. It does make me like it more though. Maybe if wtcc ran the same rules with more power cars it would make one good series out of too crap ones. Base it on gt4, Aston Martin, Porsche, corvettes and BMWs...?
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:43 pm

http://gt3europe.com/results.php?event=1&season=2012&session=Entry

more sro imbrassment as gt3 has just 14 entries, which means the cars sro have moved over to gt1 and is paying for is killing gt3 too.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:55 am

cerca trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:
cerca trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:
I like GT1 because it had great wheel-to-wheel racing in 2010 and 11, but that calendar has some BS rounds. India is more important than the UK? India and Korea may be emerging countries, but their respective motor racing fan base's are minuscule for a less influential series like GT1.

Gt1 is a dead duck mate. India and whoever else are paying transport etc to get them there. There's no cars, half the grid at least Is Sro funded and teams have been moved from gt3 to gt1 by Sro to make up the grid.

Its dying embrace Blancpain now. Blancpain is turning again teams and cars and is over subscribed gt1 like I said has sro funding half the grid and gt3 is almost as empty.

I donít really have a preference, I only liked GT1 because despite the lack of cars, it provided excellent racing. FIA GT3 was very good last year, the power and downforce of GT3 cars seems to work quite well.

It was btcc with million pound cars, why did I see that before. It does make me like it more though. Maybe if wtcc ran the same rules with more power cars it would make one good series out of too crap ones. Base it on gt4, Aston Martin, Porsche, corvettes and BMWs...?

I wouldnít mind that. Iím not sure what a ďtouring carĒ is anymore with two door cars, a DTM machine could easily pass as a ďsports carĒ.
WTCC can be cured by some relatively simple changes, namely increasing horsepower and not penalising RWD with ballast. WTCC runs at long and wide tracks, and cars with 300 horsepower look a little lost.

Toca has largely created fantastic racing with BTCC, with similar cars to WTCC. But, as a world championship WTCC needs to be a cut above a national championship Ė but itís the other way around.

I know this is strange, but I donít know why WTCC cannot use stock cars, like a NASCAR Nationwide car which has 700 horsepower. After all, there have been two door touring cars in the past Ė I donít see what would be wrong with that. Noisy, powerful and oversteery Ė job done.

GT4 cars would be fine with me though Ė anything that gets rid of four-pot engines is favourable!

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:00 am

One of the big reasons stockcars world in America is it's history, the moonshire running, racing on daytona beach etc, etc.
In europe we don't have that history, which is why stockcar racing has never been that big in Europe. Indycar still gets more viewers in europe than NASCAR. Other than that I like it.

Wtcc cars do look lost of f1 style circuits. There again almost everything but f1 does.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 am

Was watching FIA GT1/3 from Nogaro today, the circuit is a bit too twisty for these cars. Thankfully it was wet so there were more racing grooves than normal.

The grids are undoubtedly small, but they put on quite entertaining racing. If they were racing at an appropriate circuit, the racing would have been ever better. I can excuse small grids for entertaining racing.

_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9661
Join date : 2008-04-18
Age : 26
Location : Last seen lurking about in the Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 am

via twitter: Marcel ten Caat ‏@dsceuroeditor wrote:
SRO has announced it will stop promoting the FIA GT1 World Championship and FIA GT3 European Championship in 2013. #GT1 #GT3
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal
avatar

Posts : 9036
Join date : 2008-04-17
Location : Oubliette

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 am

That means he's going to fiddle with blancpain this is bad news. Gt3-1 and gt3-3 have been shit for a while now but at least they were just a distraction.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!
avatar

Posts : 17945
Join date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 am

Whether people like it or not, motorsport is as much a business as it is a sport. And itís simply unsustainable to have so many similar championships alongside each other. Iím not sure why so many separate championships exist, when they offer no USP. Junior open wheel racing has suffered this for some time, where new championships have been set-up Ė now itís unclear which produces the best drivers.

Particularly in Europe, the market for motor racing is shrinking Ė and a lot of championships need to merge rather than limp along with pathetic grids.


_________________

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fia GT1 embarresment again.   

Back to top Go down
 
Fia GT1 embarresment again.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Endurance + GT :: GT Racing + Other Endurance-
Jump to: