Share | 

Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Brands GP round is this weekend, likely to be my last race meeting this year, weather forecast looks fantastic, so should be able to get the shorts out Cool
Title fight seems to be down to the 2 Honda drivers and Plato, who will definately be the underdog now as he fights the turbo cars and the NGTC cars of Wrathall and Austin, who are both capable of posting their first win. Not sure if Chris Swanwick is out this weekend in the second RAR Audi.
It's a local race for Motorbase, as well as the AmD Milltek team and Tony Gilham, who should hopefully be debuting the turbo engined BMW this weekend.
Not sure if i'm taking the camera this weekend after all the problems i had at Rockingham with it.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 am

At long last, a BMW in BTCC that can rival the torque of the turbocharged FWD cars.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Yikes, both Honda's finish out of the points with blown tyres. Flawless drive from Plato. Rob Collard is my kind of driver, he isn't afraid to use his front bumper to move somebody out of the way. Collard should have conceded that position to Wrathall, as Wrathall had the inside line for the next corner. Still, at least Collard didn't roll out of the red carpet and make it easy for Wrathall.

Come on Plato, hopes he shows those ropey Honda's the way home. Razz

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Well it was a fantastic weekend, the weather was great, sat at the side of a racetrack with a few beers. No camera as it's knackered, which is a bit novel for me, but got used to it after a few hours on Saturday sat at the bottom of Paddock Hill.
Sunday watched from the start finish straight opposite the pit garage for Lea Wood, had a great view of the screen as well. First time i've ever really watched the build up on the grid, at Rockingham you're too far away to see what's going on.
Not surprised that Plato have a good weekend, RML have so much experience of Brands GP, and it's not the easiest track to overtake on, but Honda had a disaster in race 1 with both cars having punctures. TOC still proved the turbos can overtake easily when he went past Owy on the outside on the start finish straight, just pure turbo grunt. Unless Alan Gow saddles them some more at Silverstone it will be turbo benefit.
Good result for Mat Jackson, and James Nash as well battling for the Indie championship. Although both are mathematically in with a shout of the overall, i'm sure they'll admit it's a long shot for them.
Dan Welch did well in the Proton, 11th in the last race isnt bad for a car only built 2 months ago!!
It's all down to Silverstone in 10 days.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:39 am

Been avoiding this thread until I watched the highlights, have to say the racing looked pretty good and the weather looked brilliant, bit like it was for me at Donington, i'm thinking about going to Silverstone but would have to take the Monday off to recover Laughing might be short notice though so think I might not be able to go which is a shame

Come on Plato, or Shedden Laughing don't want Misery Matt to win it
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Would like to see Jackson or Nash spring a surprise, but realistically its between Neal, Flash and Plato, with the turbo cars at an advantage unless Gow saddles them with more restrictions.
Not going to Silverstone as i'm not a fan of the track, it's pretty poor for spectators imo, and the traffic is a nightmare getting in and out. I also don't have any time off available and this might have influenced things as well. Have tried a few competitons so you never know...
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:15 pm

I am wanting Sheddon to win, He has been great all season long, and unlike the other 2 numpties, Has just got on with the job in hand. Very nice bloke and has never won it before so yeah, Gordon all the way for me.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:14 am

boyhitscarpimp wrote:

Not going to Silverstone as i'm not a fan of the track, it's pretty poor for spectators imo, ...

Agree with that, Silverstone seems to be piss me off year by year. The stupid loose stones that you have to walk on with a general admission ticket to roam about, and the fact that there is no quick access to the paddock now. You have to walk almost around the entire circuit to catch a crappy bus to get to it. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct   

Back to top Go down

Brands Hatch GP 1/2 Oct
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1