Share | 

IndyCar - Mid-Ohio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:23 am

IndyCar returns this weekend to a permanent road course for the Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Scott Dixon won the pole with Ryan Briscoe on the outside of the front row, row two is also filled with Ganassi and Penske cars - Dario and Will Power qualified third and forth respectively. Simon Pagenaud is filling Justin Wilson's race seat as the latter had a practice crash and got injured.

It's usually hard to pass at this track, so I think there will be a lot of desperate moves.

Race starts at around 8 pm GMT.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 am

i might have listen into this race hmm.

Indy car is bit boring at the minute. the stewards and that are taking the piss every race.

Go dario!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 am

Just ban Alex Tagliani from IndyCar, the accident rate would reduce by 80 %. I prefer no driving standard rules whatsoever though, seeing the tempers boil over is a great new element to IndyCar.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:44 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dario 2nd and dixon 1st and Power 14th Very Happy ten thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Duckman
Race Driver
Race Driver

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:54 am

In some ways it wasn't a great race but after the stupid incidents they have had in recent races it made a nice change to have some green flag racing even if there wasn't much overtaking. I was haapy for Dixon to get a win at long last, Target seems to have improved their performances on the road\street tracks in this part of the season. Another race next week which helps fill the gap in grand prixs, hope its antoher clean one.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 am

Mid-Ohio is never usually an exciting round, with all the continuous twists and turns. The race was interesting from a strategic point of view though, with Will Power getting totally screwed by the second caution. I guess he was a victim of American road course racing, as others were in Toronto.

Itís amazing that Alex Tagliani manages to crash into other cars even on a track where contact is rare. I see that Will Power is still acting like a twat over his contact with Dario in Toronto by bumping into Dario - that guy has no class or respect. A 14th place finish is exactly what he deserved.

Nice job by James Hinchcliffe to lead all those laps, itís good to see a guy like him contending for the victory. When Danica led the race due to strategy after the caution, she couldn't even get through turn 1 before being passed Ė LOL. Looking forward to next weekend's race at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway, a flat one mile oval which produces great racing - the race is straight after the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Mid-Ohio is never usually an exciting round, with all the continuous twists and turns. The race was interesting from a strategic point of view though, with Will Power getting totally screwed by the second caution. I guess he was a victim of American road course racing, as others were in Toronto.

Itís amazing that Alex Tagliani manages to crash into other cars even on a track where contact is rare. I see that Will Power is still acting like a twat over his contact with Dario in Toronto by bumping into Dario - that guy has no class or respect. A 14th place finish is exactly what he deserved.

Nice job by James Hinchcliffe to lead all those laps, itís good to see a guy like him contending for the victory. When Danica led the race due to strategy after the caution, she couldn't even get through turn 1 before being passed Ė LOL. Looking forward to next weekend's race at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway, a flat one mile oval which produces great racing - the race is straight after the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen.

Danica being rubbish as usual was very funny, she's going to nascar to be more competitve lol! lol! Dario didn't make it in nascar and he had 100 times the talent.

Proper race track but not a good race by any means. There was a little good racing but nothing to shout about.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 am

Dario Franchitti drove in NASCAR in 2008, driving for Chip Ganassiís team. Just like Montoya, he was slow in his first Cup races, but he then broke his ankle in a Nationwide race Ė sidelining him from racing for a while. When he returned in the Nationwide series with little experience, he finished 3rd at Watkins Glen Ė a hell of a racing driver.

I was reading an article on the Speed website by Robin Miller, saying that Danica wants to run NASCAR full time because she feels more comfortable on ovals. Err, sheís won a fuel mileage IndyCar race on an oval and thatís it. She isnít a contender even on ovals. Danica has been pretty dire in the NASCAR races sheís done too, running slow and throwing the usual tantrums when somebody else wrecks her. Compared to the attention she receives Ė she simply isnít good enough Ė thatís not necessarily her fault but thatís the truth.

Unlike guys like Dario and Montoya, she doesnít come to NASCAR with an outstanding open wheel career. Danica will be driving better equipment in NASCAR then Montoya Ė which is ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 am

yeah dario broke his ankle in a nationwide race, where someone hit him in the door, but the person who hit was a long wqay behind him and just didn't react.

How many races before montoya wrecks danica (probably while lapping).

I'm going for 3
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:16 am

I would wait until Bristol next year when Danica doesn't move out of the way, so JPM hooks her around.

Danica is driving in her first NASCAR road course race at Montreal next weekend, that will be eye-opening. What a Face

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IndyCar - Mid-Ohio   

Back to top Go down

IndyCar - Mid-Ohio
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1