Share | 

Snetterton 6/7th Aug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 pm

BTCC returns from it's 7 week break to the new Snetterton 300 layout, making it now one of the longest tracks the BTCC uses.
Whether this make for better racing we'll have to see, but it should mean a tougher time for the turbocars tyres, meaning the NA cars have a bit more of a chance. TOCA have also pegged the turbo boost back by another 0.05 bar, although i don't expect this to do much for equalisation.
Will be camping this weekend, campsite have moved from inside the circuit (to make way for the extension) to outside the Bentley (Revett) straight, so a long way from the paddock etc. Will have to see what viewing is like from the new areas on Saturday, as have always watched from the Esses on raceday before.
The break will have allowed teams to work on improving cars, with Welch Motorsport supposedly joining in with their Proton NGTC from this round, but we'll have to wait and see if it does arrive.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:31 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the revised track, I like the look of the new section in theory. Hopefully it will be exciting in practice as well. I did like the long old straightaway though.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:11 am

The new layout seemed to work fine for the BSB a month or so ago, Not sure it will be much cop for the cars apart from the right hander going onto the revvit straight being a little bit tighter, Meaning you have to get it right otherwise you will lose out down the straight.

Cannot wait, WSBK and Moto GP have been a bit boring so it's great knowing you can rely on the BTCC for some entertainment,
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:53 am

Two interesting races so far. It's been good to see the NGTC Toyota Avensis in contention in the top five, shame Frank retired in the second race.

The Plato and Neal clash in turn one was interesting, Neal must have known that Plato was going to hold his line and run him out of road. I'm glad that the turbo cars and NA cars look more equalised than before (the critical word being 'more', as both types of engine will never truly be equalised). Seems that the NA cars can defend from the turbo cars in clean air, but still struggle to pass the turbo cars when behind. That torque difference is still plain to see.

I think the new section of the track is nice, it creates more passing opportunities for cars that don't have brilliant straight line speed but are better under braking.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 am

Was so gutted I am skint and couldn't go Sad
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Was a really good weekend, Sunday was really blustery wind, killed our pop up tent. MSV are saying 35000 attended on Sunday.
There were certainly a lot of people about. New sections looked pretty good for spectators, but the banking overlooking Montreal hairpin is miles away from the rest of the viewing areas, and also facilities. Not far from the campsite, but if you wanted the loo or food you had a bit of a walk...
Agostini wasnt bad, you were quite a ways from the track due to the run off. The other section looked good as well. Watched race day from the old Esses, now Brundle and Nelson, nice and close to the campsite as well.
Friday didn't start well with an accident on the A14 at Huntingdon meaning we were stuck for an hour and a quarter going nowhere. Got to the track at 3.45pm and they're not letting people in to camp until the stated 4.30pm, first time they've ever stuck to a stated time. This meant a big queue and we didn't even get parked up til 5.15 Grrrrr Evil or Very Mad
Saturday was explore the new track, check out the viewing areas, go say hello to YRC and wander the paddock getting the programme signed. 26 cars meant a few more drivers to search out, but in the end the only one i missed was Flash.
Daniel Welch did extremely well in his first weekend with the NGTC Proton, car was only finished on Friday, ran in all the sessions and qualified and finished all 3 races, did have some teething problems, but a lot less than expected. Things are so new that Daniel had no promotional stuff to give away at pitlane walkabout, or even have a pen!
Pleased for Frank Wrathall, great 4th place in race 1 and so close to 3rd in R2. Rob Austin was going well at times. Progress is being made with NGTC cars, and their extra boost over S2000 cars will help a bit.
Paul O'Neill had a great weekend 3 top 10's and 2nd in R3, he was a happy chap Sunday evening; he also has a hand mangling handshake! It was good to see him happy though, this year hasnt really gone to plan.
Plato up to his usual tricks at the start of R1 having Neal off. Ah well, Neal now owes him one and we spectators get another clash between them.
Good weekend all in all. Sadly not going to Knockhill, can't get the time off.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 pm

The new parts didn't tempt you away from the old stomping ground of the esses...
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Well i did like the idea of the banking overlooking Montreal but lack of facilities meant Esses were better for us, but maybe next year...
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:03 pm

pix from Saturday

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.160640264013868.40173.100002036869532
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snetterton 6/7th Aug   

Back to top Go down

Snetterton 6/7th Aug