View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:30 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
The safety car sounds very realistic in that video, that gorgeous burble from the 6.2 litre V8. I shall be experimenting the easiest way to bring out the safety car when I get it.

You'll be getting all moist at the thought of a virtual safety car, you'll wanna drive it next then the excitement level will reach a whole new level Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:01 am

cheers Am off work on Friday so I will rush to work in the morning to buy it and rush straight home.

Will let you know what my feelings are about it and if it has improved from 2010 sometime throughout the day.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 am

Steven_85 wrote:
cheers Am off work on Friday so I will rush to work in the morning to buy it and rush straight home.

Will let you know what my feelings are about it and if it has improved from 2010 sometime throughout the day.

Please do, especially if the usual skittish handling from Codemasters has been reduced.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:15 am

I'm stuck really, F1 comes out and the Rugby Challenge comes out same day which to buy first as i've been waiting for both
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:34 am

depends which you want the most don't forget Xmas is just over 3 months or something.

i have tomorrow off so i will playing on! hoping its good
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 pm

I've been playing the game for a couple of hours now and straight away you could tell that the car has seen the biggest changes.

Ok so I loaded up the game, Jumped into a quick 3 lap race around Spa.

Thinking it was pretty much going to be the same as 2010 I switched every assist off, Just leaving auto gears on until I get used to the car and track

Driving as Kobayashi as I normally do, I started off 12th and all 24 cars dove into the first corner, We all somehow came out of it unscathed, Well not sure about those behind me as I drove around the outside and gained 3 places coming out of La Source and headed down towards Eau Rouge,

Ok lets tuck in behind barrichello through here and get him down kemmel straight I thought, hitting the left apex and then swiftly moving right going up the hill the amount of control needed to stay on was totally unexpected, so there I was skidding out of control and smashing into the barrier on the right, Hmm race over on the 2nd corner.

Nevermind, restart and try again, which also ended in the same outcome " Wow how different a year makes"

You have to really feather the controls this year, and try and get your car set up just perfect to compete at the highest level, TC is staying on for now lol.
I think a steering wheel is a must, for you to get the most out of this game.

Tried out the safety car next time out, Which is only available from 20% race distance, Problem is the safety car won't just come out for the fun of it, I tried just sitting on the racing line and seeing what happens to no avail, Going to have to try harder, So I started blocking the other cars which of course seen me end up with a drive through penalty, Not much use behind the safety car being a lap behind with a drive through penalty, Right lets have a big crash.

Restarted the race and forgot to brake into turn 1 smashing into a lot of cars and yes the safety car came out, But I had no wheels on my wagon so I couldn't continue anyway. Am hoping the AI make mistakes which result in the safety car coming out other wise it looks liek more of a marketing ploy then an actual game changing option.

Overall I give it a 7/10 .... For now
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:25 pm

well steven sum it up. what a differance a year makes.

The whole game is different you can feel. The sounds and the way the cars looks.

good news no bahrain on the game! YES!

i did first in OZ with williams as my first team and you got 5 season to win the title. i didn't tire wear or fuel on because i forgot you had to turn it on so they weren't a real problem. starting with practice i went round and i could stright away feel the differance. it took 3laps to get use to it. i try to quali 1 and 2 on prime tyres i did on F1 2010 and i only got up to 14th or 13th and i went to the race and first cornor i hit massa as he braked early and i broke my front wing and i pit for it when my stop was due.

DRS and KERS is mad! i over took massa on the stright and i ran wide after webber and vettel made contact and he over took me and i just drop back but i stayed out lap long over took him then was battle with button over took with DRS and he on me for many laps until traffic then with 5 laps to go. vettel damaged his front wing and i got him for 3rd so it was fun. i am doing 50% races.

Taffic is nightmare!

I give it! 7/10 untill i do more races on it!
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:17 am

Hard Pirelli tyres are shite Laughing

Only had a quick go, seems good. Gotta go drinking otherwise i'd be hammering it.

Last edited by Smith on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 am

What difficulty you got it on Paul?. Am just on hard atm.

I have also joined Williams, Set the fastest laps in practice, Went out in practice 3 and tried to overtake a slow moving Kovilinen and he moved into my path resulting in a crash, I then get a 10 place grid penalty for the race Evil or Very Mad

Luckily in Q3 I just got pole from Alonso by 0.166 resulting in me dropping down to 11th. Wonder what the race will be like, Looks like its going to be wet Smile.

One thing I am glad about is the removal of the antennas on the front of the car, It really does help now as I can see where am going. I find am actually better in cockpit view for the first time ever in a F1 game, Normally I just use the T-cam.

I think it's because you have more of a feeling of how the car reacts this year, You can feel where the limit is and push harder.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:59 am

steven i am on Medium. just to get things going then maybe go on to hard.

I done sepang race. wet weather is nightmare.

My race was quite easy. i was just super quick but near the end of the race the mables were killing me. i kept going onto them. then 5laps from the end. rain! i had to pit for tires with 3 laps to go. i lost so much time from 30 seconds to about 7. i won though.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:48 am

Steven_85 wrote:

I think it's because you have more of a feeling of how the car reacts this year, You can feel where the limit is and push harder.

I'm glad to hear that, last year's game had an "all or nothing" sort of feel to it. The rear end would snap around with little provocation, not in a progressive way at all.

Will get F1 2011 next week, by that time I would have finished with Driver SF.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:10 am

I finished Driver SF last night was rather good
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:25 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Steven_85 wrote:

I'm glad to hear that, last year's game had an "all or nothing" sort of feel to it. The rear end would snap around with little provocation, not in a progressive way at all.

Will get F1 2011 next week, by that time I would have finished with Driver SF.

Oh the back end will still snap away, but if your quick enough you can catch it or quickly lift off to bring it back It just feels a lot better imo.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 am

With 750 bhp + the rear end is going to always snap away quickly, but with last year's game the snap of oversteer would occur erratically with little time to correct it. The oversteer didn't vary in amounts, you were just on opposite lock when it happened. How is the noise of the cars? That was pretty epic on 2010, any improvement on 2011 would be a bonus.

Its a shame to hear that its hard to trigger a safety car, it should come out really easily like when somebody goes off the track.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:04 pm

i am up to spain race and my past 2 races have wet and spain is prediected to be wet!......i am sick of wet races! alien
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:39 am

I had a safety car. I put on heavy rain on round Monaco first lap safety car was out!
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:14 am

Calden wrote:
I finished Driver SF last night was rather good

I had doubts about Driver SF but I've been pleasantly surprised - it's an awful lot of fun. The realistic scenery and car noises are two stand out features for me.

Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:59 am

Got this to work Smile. Much better then last year imo. Shame you still can't have less sensitive steering. But loving the SC, had it first race I was on, altho was out slightly too long imo.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:30 am

Got my copy yesterday and started playing it after Singapore qualifying.

Must admit it was a bit of a deja vu moment at the start: everything felt so alien it was like learning how to walk all over again. I'm sure with more practice I'll get there again. Wink

The driving is a definite step forward from 2010, especially when having to contend with KERS and DRS. Learning how to use them effectively during a lap is a real dark art.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 am

I love the intro video.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

I know one thing for sure, I won't be buying f1 2012 next year.

How can codemasters have the cheek to have all these interviews talking about how good the game is, when it is just as buggy as last years?

Wheels disappear, Problems in the pit again, Ghost drivers inside the cars, the list goes on.

Shame because the game itself is really good.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 am

I just did an awesome Spanish GP!

Pissing down and i went off(no surprise) drop back to 4th after starting on pole. I got back pass massa and i stayed behind hamilton and Vettel about 25laps or something and it was the 5laps i attack vettel but the tires were shot. wear out some quickly using the save fuel map mix 1 is the best. the race engineer got on my tits a bit but so much fun. i also had KERS problem during the race but the guys were nice enough to fix it for me!

what problems in the pits!? and wheel disappear?
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:07 pm

I am losing way too much time on my outlaps, struggling on the hard tyres. The marbles off line at the end of the race is pretty damn cool though.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:32 am

i have ordered this the other day Smile

Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:35 am

Purchasing at weekend, rather looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F1 2011