Share | 

IndyCar oval observations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: IndyCar oval observations   Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 am

The last two ovals in IndyCar have been short 1 mile ovals, as opposed to the more fast 1.5 mile ovals like Texas. Both Milwaukee Mile and Iowa had way better racing then the bigger ovals, the drivers had to lift off whilst following other cars and had to brake into the turns. At places like Texas the drivers are just wide open on the throttle the whole way around, that's like a NASCAR plate race - which I also find snoozish.

Really looking forward to seeing IndyCar race at the New Hampshire Speedway; a flat one mile oval. The driver input will again be more prevalent to see, I'm not saying that there is no driver input on bigger ovals (certainly not true) - but full throttle around the whole lap isn't that interesting. The tighter the turns are on the ovals the better.

I'm falling asleep just thinking of the last two races; Kentucky and Las Vegas on the 1.5 ovals. A slightly bigger Marinsville with longer straights, but the same corner radiance's would be awesome. It would be like a road course but only with left turns.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk

IndyCar oval observations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1