Ford evaluating WTCC comeback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Ford evaluating WTCC comeback   Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:46 am

Quote :
Ford is evaluating a return to the World Touring Car Championship with the new-shape Focus.

The American manufacturer is working with British Touring Car squad Arena International Motorsport, which currently fields three new Focuses in Britain, to assess a World Championship programme.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92531

If I were the WTCC boss, I'd be bribing Ford with lots of money to come to WTCC, with how unbelievably boring it has become. Ford is a magnet for other car company's, if Ford enter than others could too.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Ford evaluating WTCC comeback   Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:27 am

and the global focus would be a great fit for wtcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc i think thats enough c's isn't it? cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc, I added a few more to make sure.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Ford evaluating WTCC comeback   Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:50 am

Bloody Ford!!! But do tend to agree though SIR many others look at Ford and think bloody Ford! (might not, might be just me that thinks that) if they are going into WTCC we might give it a go too never know now Renault arn't running a full F1 programme i'm sure they'll have a few World Series Megane trophys floating about that they could enter (living in kuku land again sorry)
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Ford evaluating WTCC comeback   Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Calden wrote:
Bloody Ford!!! But do tend to agree though SIR many others look at Ford and think bloody Ford! (might not, might be just me that thinks that) if they are going into WTCC we might give it a go too never know now Renault arn't running a full F1 programme i'm sure they'll have a few World Series Megane trophys floating about that they could enter (living in kuku land again sorry)

The world series megane would never be allowed into wtcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
there just too highly developed, actually they do quite well in endurance racing, getting class wins in things like the dubai 24 and belcar.

IF ford do come into to wtcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
then it could well bring in other manufacters.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Ford evaluating WTCC comeback   Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:46 am

Chevrolet v Ford would be very significant as both are arch-rivals in especially the USA and other countries. There will be a round in the USA at Infineon Raceway next year too, where NASCAR and IndyCar races - that can only make WTCC more attractive to Ford. Ford has just launched the Focus in America, so promoting it with a race model might be beneficial for them.

Really, makers like Ford, Toyota, Renault etc are the car manufacturers that WTCC always should have had. Why WTCC was launched in 2005 and now only has one official works entry, is a mystery.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford evaluating WTCC comeback   

Back to top Go down

Ford evaluating WTCC comeback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1