Share | 

Croft 18/19th June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Croft 18/19th June   Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 pm

BTCC returns to Croft this weekend; the turbocars have another boost reduction, but don't expect that to make any difference

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=6305

Have a great day out Cal, not sure whether you'll be getting rained on.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:25 am

Aye its Croft for me this weekend, looking forward to it need to remmember to take my drawing of Andy Jordans Vectra to get it signed.
weather forcast that I seen is it should be dry not like last year but doesn't matter just aslong as its dry, i'll try get some pics too
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:36 am

Yeh what a difference from last year, We were literally baked because of the sun and this year looks like you may be washed away lol.

Have fun Cal, Any other time I would of been and would be good to meet again, But sadly Donington is calling for me this weekend.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 am

Ah its alright maybe next season Steven, and I know theres not much chance of any of us getting baked this weekend at Croft or Donington all I can say is the government cutbacks have made even the sun cut back on showing itself bloody country
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:49 am

I don't think that boost reduction will hinder the main advantage of the turbo engines, that extra torque coming off slow corners ensures they pull away from the NA cars.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:28 am

Plato gets pole, great from Collard and Rob Austin in 11th with the Audi

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2475&month=0&year=2008&form=&searchterm=
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 am

Great racing so far today, some juicy safety car periods have spiced up the show. Mat Jackson's drive to second place in race 1 wouldn't have been possible without a safety car.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 am

Great days racing, shame the weather was a bit gammy like but you know can't have everything, was sat where Foster went off in the first race we all saw him go off and waited for him to hit the wall which he did to much delight, Plato had yet another disaster he never has any luck when I go, the Clios were a bit dull only 2 cars with bits hanging off wasn't a proper Clio race. The Ginettas were great though some good racing from both classes and many had loose bonnets but you know thats Ginettas for you.
Not sure if i'll do Croft next year was a bit of a nightmare getting out seemingly worse than last year when did 3 into 1 go? Was a bit of a farse really but got out safely, oh and yes I thought SIR! would be chuffed about the safety cars arrival in the BTCC races
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 am

Sounded like a good day Calden. The sign of a good race is when the safety car gets deployed. Razz Razz

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 pm

You should have come to Donington, Cal we didnt get rained on at all. No big crowds so easy to get in and out.
Some great racing, Mat Jackson was so close in R1. Collard had a great run of podiums, and a great race 3 from Nick Foster.
Paul have another crap weekend, was going ok in race 2 until contact with Chilton spun him round and put him out.
Shaun Hollamby has said he's retiring from driving so must have another driver lined up for the Golf, he did say he was inundated with calls though.
No doubt there'll be more whinging from Plato as out in R2 meant poor grid start for R3 and had a hard time trying to through the field.
6 week break to Snetterton, see if RML come up with a turbo engine for the Chevy.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 am

It has always been bad getting out of Croft, If you're in the first field which is on the right hand side when you drive in, It's not so bad but if you're stuck in the other field then that's what you are- stuck.

Been times when it's taking us 2 hours just to get out of the place, The stewards need to figure out, Not only are they're there to help you get in, but also need to help you get out.

You may have heard the commentators mention the fans arrive at the circuit really early, Yeh that's the reason, Earlier you are the better parking spot you have for getting out.

Just watched my recording of it, Some great racing to say the least, Ginettas as usual bringing us door to door panel bashing Laughing What happened to the porsche meeting though? That wasn't on my recording. Was it just a Saturday race?.

Matt Neal has 1 hell of a car though, To have all that ballast and still score brilliantly must be gut wrenching for Plato et all.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:31 am

Have to say it was Honda all afternoon really and if it wasn't for the shake up on the grid for race 3 then i'd have no doubt they'd have walked that race too, Mat Jackson though had a good afternoon shame Andy Jordan didn't get a win, got my drawing signed though, i'll stick that and the rest of my pics on here and bookface too.
Yeah I was in the first field but off the right and it was a pain getting out ah well made it without damage. I seen Stevens pics on bookface of the Superstars it looked great and maybe I missed out on a great days racing, but decided on Croft and I did really enjoy it though despite the rain before the first race, and as for the Porsches they wern't there at all and Tim Harvey was in the Ginetta which was interessting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Croft 18/19th June   

Back to top Go down

Croft 18/19th June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1