Share | 

WTCC - Zolder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: WTCC - Zolder   Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Anybody watch this? The second race was surprisingly entertaining. Tarquini was as usual driving dirty, he tried to shove Huff off the track until he realised that Huff was shoving him back.

The top four in race 2 were racing in such a way that they were never going to finish in that order. I don't really like Zolder though, a boring track - prefer Spa.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: WTCC - Zolder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:13 am

I watched both races, WTCC has pretty much boiled down to the Chevy's now, just not enough variety or top names, it's like a national series with FIA World status.
Tarquini was out of order pushing Huffy on the grass, but he's done similar to Priaulx and Zanardi in the past and got away with it, you can bet if Huffy had kept in front he'd have got a penalty for taking the lead cutting the chicanes, but nothing happens to Tarquini for his poor conduct.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC - Zolder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:58 am

just watched them, after le mans test day!

tarquini was out of order and deliberatley took huff out, disgrace.

other than a couple of crashes not mcuh happened. races arn't long enough to attract good racing or good entrants.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC - Zolder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:08 am

As I see it, Tarquini drives an evil diesel - so anything bad that happens to him is fantastic. Nick summed up WTCC nicely, it is no better then a national championship in terms of cars and drivers - merely races take place across the world. Load's of Chevrolet's and Seat's are a seriously dreary sight.

I like short races, but the WTCC ones are too short - I agree. They barley last for twenty minutes, which doesn't allow much time for battles to develop. It favours the Seat's too, as their front tyres wear out quicker over a longer distance with more torque - but with these very short races they escape any punishment.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: WTCC - Zolder   Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:32 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
As I see it, Tarquini drives an evil diesel - so anything bad that happens to him is fantastic. Nick summed up WTCC nicely, it is no better then a national championship in terms of cars and drivers - merely races take place across the world. Load's of Chevrolet's and Seat's are a seriously dreary sight.

I like short races, but the WTCC ones are too short - I agree. They barley last for twenty minutes, which doesn't allow much time for battles to develop. It favours the Seat's too, as their front tyres wear out quicker over a longer distance with more torque - but with these very short races they escape any punishment.

2 times 1 hour races, with around 400bhp and rear wheel drive. 4 doors and no aero (wings, diffusers or splitters).
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: WTCC - Zolder   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:33 am

I assume that 400 bhp is coming from a big, gurgling petrol V8 with no eco weeny twaddle? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTCC - Zolder   

Back to top Go down

WTCC - Zolder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1