View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: safter car causes huge crash !   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 am

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 pm

It was huge mistake. the safety car stay out but the lights went green.

Europe just can't get saferty cars right.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:59 pm

that was unbelievable stupid and then they made it worse by getting standard safety car procuder wrong after it had caused the crash

It's not hard to get it right.

Close the pits
Yellow flags at every marhalls post
Pick up the race leader (wave cars by)
Open the pits (don't hold cars at the end of pit lane, something else the lms got wrong)
Do another wave by (to race or the next class leader which ever)
start the race again

done right it should no more than 3 or 4 laps.

As for Le mans itself there should ever be a safety car, the tracks to long for one and two is always a bad idea. Instead it should use something like the code 60. Everyone has to slow to 60 miles an hour and hold position with big stop and go penatlys for exceeding the 60mph.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 am

come on Sav Suspect

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:17 am

This was an absolutely fantastic moment. I think the LMS organisers secretly know their series is as dull as hell, so they decided to inject some excitement into the race by having a big pile-up to catch viewers’ attention.

Well I think it was a big success, because the wreck definitely spiced up the show. I applaud the LMS organisers for fixing a show, IndyCar tried it and they had big TV ratings. This is a new innovation in motor racing: want more viewers? Create crashes. I’m impressed.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:25 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
This was an absolutely fantastic moment. I think the LMS organisers secretly know their series is as dull as hell, so they decided to inject some excitement into the race by having a big pile-up to catch viewers’ attention.

Well I think it was a big success, because the wreck definitely spiced up the show. I applaud the LMS organisers for fixing a show, IndyCar tried it and they had big TV ratings. This is a new innovation in motor racing: want more viewers? Create crashes. I’m impressed.

Not it wasn't it was boring

Unlike gte which had some really good racing despite the lack of the porsches.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:27 am

Nah, it was shit was always. ALMS takes LMS to the cleaners in terms of excitement.

Even the commentators sounded bored.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:30 am

I have to disagree lms is great and better than ever.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 am

Well the crash itself shows how powerful the safety car is, the safety car can be used for safety reasons, to create wreck's or even close up the field when things get too spread out.

In America the safety car is already used in these ways, it's about time that Europe woke up and focused on the show - not just appealing to diehard motorsport fans.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:58 am

If normal people dong like racing that's there loss, lms doesn't need to spice anything up it's already great.
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:09 am

you weren't driving it by any chance were you Sav Car

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:22 am

Sav what you need to do is listen to a racing event that radio le mans covers and then you'll understand that LMS is good. me and CT know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:03 am

Big-AL wrote:
you weren't driving it by any chance were you Sav Car

Okay, I'll admit it. I felt sorry for LMS, as nobody watches it and the racing is more boring then knitting - plus its a poor man's ALMS. So I decided to spice up the show and create some controversy to get people talking - well it certainly worked.

MotorracingP wrote:
Sav what you need to do is listen to a racing event that radio le mans covers and then you'll understand that LMS is good. me and CT know. Wink

That's the thing, Radio Le Mans is supposedly LMS's biggest advocate, but even they sounded bored on the Motors TV broadcast. I don't blame them, they cannot get excited when nothing happens.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:20 pm

That's a formula 1 fans opinion. Lms is far more surely it's a race that happens with multiple layers.

f1 is simple go as fast you you can to the end if the race

Sportscar racing isn't. At some point you have to slow down and save the car. Weather it's being slower to make the tyres last or to reduce engine wear or brakes etc.
This offers lots of different ways of getting to the same answer. Weather it's because you've had a problem and need to race back through the field or you go like a bat out of hell and try to save the car towards the end.

Now it has to be said pescarolos win was quite an easy one just about all of the p1s had problems, but p2, gte and gte am still produced good races.

I think this is why I find f1 so boring, as they have had to add an endurance racing element to try and make it even slightly interesting. The terrible tyres ANC no fuel stops, making the engines and gear boxes last etc etc
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 pm

CT, trying to get sav to understand how good sportscars and LMS is like milking a dead cow no matter how hard you try nothing will come out!

Radio le mans is the best and with a 6hour coverage of the race they have interesting conversations. i am listening to sebring 2010 for 2nd time because its brilliant coverage and i have just finished listening to sebring 09 for fourth because its mint. now i am just debating which race to listen to might be le mans 09 not sure might be algrave 2010..........
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:09 pm

MotorracingP wrote:
CT, trying to get sav to understand how good sportscars and LMS is like milking a dead cow no matter how hard you try nothing will come out!

thats brilliant, i'm try to stop lmao so i can type straight.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:50 am

Quote :
f1 is simple go as fast you you can to the end if the race
Sportscar racing isn't. At some point you have to slow down and save the car. Weather it's being slower to make the tyres last or to reduce engine wear or brakes etc.

This offers lots of different ways of getting to the same answer. Weather it's because you've had a problem and need to race back through the field or you go like a bat out of hell and try to save the car towards the end.

Not really, the gaps between cars in LMS races are measured by laps and multiple minutes, so racing through the pack sounds great in theory – but that rarely never happens. And even if it does happen, it will only entail a prototype car breezing past slower cars – hardly real overtaking.

Simple bare fact of the matter, is that there is a field spread of about eight seconds in each category, over a six hour race that results in
massive gaps between cars. So there isn’t usually even a hint of a battle. You can try and make car conservation sound as interesting as you want, but it does nothing to produce battles and overtaking. Car conservation is for nerds to have erections over, but in reality it does nothing to enhance the spectacle.

The degradation of Pirelli’s tyres in F1 is nothing like tyre management in LMS, the tyres in the latter series are built for endurance racing. So they’ll last for many laps, where as Pirelli’s tyres often cannot last for more than 15 laps and degrade with mileage more then tyre management – therefore there is no endurance element in F1’s 2011 tyres.

It’s easy for you to suggest that I’m a one-minded F1 fan, but I like lots of other racing. Just because I don’t like races that last for 10 years and have no action, doesn’t mean that I’m a pure F1 fan – my posting in other areas of the forum about other series is indicative of that. F1 has its own general issues, but at least the field is close and therefore drivers are in a position to overtake. Plus, F1 races don’t last for 10 years either – and they don’t have crappy traction control or “road relevance” (another one of those terms that make LMS sound about as exciting as turnips).

Sportscar racing can be thrilling, like FIA GT and ALMS. But LMS is the ultimate snoozer series. The only reason why F1 has no fuel stops is to improve the on-track action, and the only reason why F1 has multiple race gearbox and engine usage is to cut costs - an FIA initiative to help smaller teams years ago.

Quote :

True! lol!

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:21 am

[quote="Mobil 1"]
Quote :

Quote :

True! lol!

ok i'll try and stop sniping about f1 if you do the same were never going to agree anyway

we can argue about something else instead?
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:28 am

Deal, we'll have to sign a contract. Laughing

Lets argue whatever you want, I enjoy it. Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: safter car causes huge crash !   

Back to top Go down

safter car causes huge crash !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1