Share | 

Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:17 pm

BTCC returns this weekend to the Brands Hatch Indy circuit with a big grid and some interesting new cars and the arrival on NGTC spec cars

Entry list http://www.btcc.net/html/drivers.php

Should be an interesting season, with lots of potential winners. Will seem strange not actually going to Brands and watching on tv.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 am

I'm really looking forward to Sunday's action, the grid is full of new cars and different manufactures. No diesel tractor's in the field either, just real petrol motors.

Brands Hatch is a great place for safety car period's, thank heavens for the gravel trap at paddock hill.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:34 am

Find BH always boring. A snooze for an opener.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:58 am

I think it may be a poor afternoon from some of the new teams. I don't think the Audi's are up to race pace at all, If even built yet lol.

Interesting to note at the bottom of that link, Its says Team Aon have entered a 3rd car, Does that mean a 3rd Aon Focus at most races or just a like a VIP driver for the weekend?.

Am just glad to have BTCC back again, It should hopefully be another exciting year and hopefully a lot of people from Europe and maybe around the world will be watching and taking a keen interest.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:05 am

Steven_85 wrote:
I don't think the Audi's are up to race pace at all, If even built yet lol.

Good stuff, don't like Skoda's (oh sorry, Audi's).

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 pm

skoda makes some of the best cars currently on sale today. actually before Czechoslovakia was a eastern block country it was the place to get for engineering and quality mechanicals.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:37 am

I totally agree, thatís why there is no need to buy an Audi. A Skoda is the same thing, same with Seatís and VWís. Best to save money for the same product then buy a pretty badge.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:26 am

Steven_85 wrote:
Its says Team Aon have entered a 3rd car, Does that mean a 3rd Aon Focus at most races or just a like a VIP driver for the weekend?.

read elsewhere there's only 2 cars Brands but they have a 3rd car available if a driver comes up with money, Phil Glew has been rumoured to be in with a shout.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 am

Neal on pole

http://www.btcc.net/html/raceresults_detail.php?race_id=78&season_id=54
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:57 am

I think it may be hard for Plato to get to Neal's bumper, as Neal has a turbocharged engine which is going to give him tremendous acceleration coming off Brands Hatch's slow corners. Making it hard for Plato to bash Neal out of the way if he's on the back foot on the straightaways.

Cannot wait for tomorrow's action.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:05 am

does anyone know when they show the ginettas in ITV coverage?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:17 am

11.05 am (Junior Championship), 15:25 (Ginetta Supercup) and 17:45 (Junior Championship). Not sure if ITV will show the final race, as it starts 15 minutes before ITV's coverage ends.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:34 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
11.05 am (Junior Championship), 15:25 (Ginetta Supercup) and 17:45 (Junior Championship). Not sure if ITV will show the final race, as it starts 15 minutes before ITV's coverage ends.

Of course those times will overrun if we get any major accidents holding things up. So I doubt that last race will be shown

To be honest I would just get rid of the Clio cup from the Toca package, It's been going down hill for years now.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 am

You know I think you're right. With Brands Hatch's killer gravel traps, if a car goes off it may bring back dangerous debris onto the track. So its best to have a safety car or red flag to clear up the mess.

Hopefully, the delays will run into late evening. Then we'll have the best type of racing, night racing - just so spectacular. With the safety car lights in the dark, the show will be spectacular.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Alan Gow has been asked about night races like they used to have but says they're too expensive to implement these days.

You might have to wait for Motorsport UK on ITV4 to air to catch Ginetta Jr races as no doubt they'll be showing a TC build up to the first race. Which is a shame as the Juniors are some of the best racing on the package, although quite a few of the recent protagonists have had to move on now they've reached the tender age of 17.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:30 pm

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
Alan Gow has been asked about night races like they used to have but says they're too expensive to implement these days.

You might have to wait for Motorsport UK on ITV4 to air to catch Ginetta Jr races as no doubt they'll be showing a TC build up to the first race. Which is a shame as the Juniors are some of the best racing on the package, although quite a few of the recent protagonists have had to move on now they've reached the tender age of 17.

Yes, But there is always a nice new batch of lunatics sent out from the asylum.

NO NO NO NO NO. I do not want to see any more night races in BTCC. It's a waste of money and its awful for the fans.

Plato wins the first race of the season, With a little help from his teammate. Atleast we know why Alex is in the team. But I would rather see Jason and Matt battle between themselves. Great race by Sheddon though to get back up near the front.

Still hate that new Focus as well.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Junior Championship had some big crashes!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Didn't reach Paddock in the Porsches either!!
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Steven_85 wrote:
Great race by Sheddon though to get back up near the front. Still hate that new Focus as well.

Yes, but Flash was a bit naughty pushing and bumping Boardman so much. I can't say i like the new Focus either.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 am

All three races were superb, real touring car racing - lots of bump and run and shoving.

I loved the start to race one, an accident even before the race started!! That was pretty exciting.

I fear that Matt Neal would have won two races, not Plato, if he hadn't of got punted off into the gravel. Loved that moment though, any race where Neal DNF's is brilliant. And of course a juicy safety car period is a fantastic start to the season.

The turbocharged cars just have too much straight-line speed for the normally aspirated cars. If Plato gets a good restart or gets a big jump on the start in any particular race, I think he can just about win if he can open a gap. Plato can maximise everything from his car. But, if he has a turbo car near behind him or needs to overtake - its going to be a mighty struggle for him. Plato gets off the corners nicely, but as soon as the turbo drivers get back onto the throttle - the better corner exit's are totally eroded.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Yeah Sav, i agree, the turbocars do have an advantage, with 2 longer straights at Donington it's likely to be more noticeable, the Chevy's and BMW's are likely to be sitting ducks at some of the tracks and a finale at Silverstone national wont look like a good outcome to Plato if he's up against the Hondas or Fords etc.
Pleased for Owy, 3 solid top 10's with a podium at the last race is a good start. Roll on Donington.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:11 am

Sadly I only saw the first race on Sunday and I have to say I enjoyed it Matt getting pushed off was very funny to see, oddly you hear him moan afterwards about MacDowall pushing him off, first thing I thought was says him like, and not like he never did it.

That push on Boardman was just too much though feel for him as he was going to get a decent result but its the joys of BTCC I hope the weather is decent for Donnington, i'm looking forward to going now

The Aon Focus does look bland though, I much prefer the Airwaves one
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:14 am

Something made me laugh, Tiff Needell said on Twitter that he is filming with Plato for Fifth Gear tomorrow, but fears he'll be bored to death by Plato moaning about the turbo engines!

I agree with Calden, I pissed my self laughing when Neal got shoved into the gravel. It was a marvellous surprise.

The WTCC Chevrolet Cruze and BMW 320 TC both have turbocharged engines, wouldn't it be interesting to see how they stacked up against the NGTC-turbo cars of BTCC? One thing is for certain, the Chevrolet's and BMW's would have the torque and horsepower to give the NGTC cars a tough time. Particularly for Chevrolet, RML runs both teams in BTCC and WTCC - so they could easily slot the 1.6 litre turbo unit into the BTCC car. And that is a unit with a lot of testing miles without any significant issues.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011   

Back to top Go down

Brands Hatch Indy season opener 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1