Share | 

GP2 Asia - Imola...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mazzaf1
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: GP2 Asia - Imola...   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:51 am

Suppose it is almost worth mentioning that the finale of the series was taking place over the course of the weekend

Eurosport seem to have picked up the coverage in a rather haphazard way for the very Asian race.... in Italy, recorded race one's program this morning seemed like they showed the first half of the race and then cut to the second half of the final lap, in what was a pitiful half-hour program with commentary that had as much enthusiasm as a rusty toaster.

From what I saw it seemed like a fairly dull race, some mid-field stuff but the program was naff, so far it seems that the GP2 Asia 2011 season has turned out to be rather pointless and useless. As has already been discussed and how the finale is been held in Italy it has been a rather poor display.

One race to go in a ridiculous season which looking at the schedule eurosport are showing tomorrow at 4pm, maybe it can redeem itself this year but somehow I very much doubt that it will.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: GP2 Asia - Imola...   Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am

Neither race was live, so I couldn't really be bothered. Sounded like a Motors TV-style commentators.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
mazzaf1
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: GP2 Asia - Imola...   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 am

I wasn't going to purposefully wake up for it, just let the VCR which is still resisting being even more obsolete deal with it. As for the commentary - was very MotorsTV-esque it was left to a barely awake Carlton Kirby as it coincided with the WTCC, don't expect tomorrow to be any better.
At least with it being the sprint race they may avoid the crappy editing the feature race suffered
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: GP2 Asia - Imola...   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Yeah, the first race looked dull with very poor editing. Grosjean ran away with it.
Back to top Go down
seanmiller
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: GP2 Asia - Imola...   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
Yeah, the first race looked dull with very poor editing. Grosjean ran away with it.

Sorry, but 2 meetings is NOT a season !!

Most completely pointless exercise I've ever seen, this season... even had they had THREE meetings as planned (wow, two of which were in Bahrain! How exciting, yawn!)...

Sean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/seanofglastonbury
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GP2 Asia - Imola...   

Back to top Go down

GP2 Asia - Imola...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1