V8 Supercars 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:08 am

V8 Supercars is underway in Dubai this weekend.

The second race is on live now on MotorsTV and I have just seen the biggest shambles with a Safety car ever.

What a bizzare incident. The safety car has been going around at about 50mph, It was going so slow The cars which came into the pits actually just managed to get past the pit exit before the Safety car had passed.

Complete shambles.

C'mon Winterbottom
Back to top Go down
mazzaf1
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 am

Agree with the issue with the safety car, took ages to sort out the order between Johnson and Whincup - the field spent laps running two wide behind the safety car because no-one seemed to know where they slotted back in.

Race two overall was a great race, all sorts of racing through the field - then the fuel consumption issues towards the end, the final laps with Bright and Courtney were brilliant side by side through the first three turns.

Some daft incidents Lowndes V Ingall and Davidson V Holdsworth and penalties for FPR but strong opening round for the season.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:49 am

Saw race 1 yesterday, that wasn't bad. The great thing about these cars is that they are heavy, so the braking distances are long - making for great racing.

I have recorded race 2, so will watch that later on. Great to see live motorsport again. Cool I prefer the shorter Abu Dhabi track as well, no need to go around those crappy hairpins and chicane on the full circuit.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:50 am

Welcome back Motor Racing!!! I've missed you lol!

That whole race was edge of your seat stuff. Gettng the pitstops timed correctly was key with plenty of big hitters messing up. Those last 5-6 laps between 1st and 2nd was brilliant to watch, Very clean racing. Would of liked to have seen Bright take the win, But fair play to Courtney- He must of been running on fumes crossing the line.

I do have one question though, Why didn't Whincup get a drive-through? I have seen penalties given to other drivers for the very same incident but he seems to be able to get away with it.

When you think Winterbottom got a penalty for cutting a white line, Yet spinning a driver out isn't seen as an offence?

I do love them Supercars underneath the Dubai Spotlights, Makes for fantastic viewing. Oh and it proves its F1 cars which can't overtake on that track, The V8's handled it fine.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:56 am

Bloody hell, Somebody has uploaded it already Laughing

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:11 am

V8 Supercars managed to overtake better because of the shorter track, after turn 1 and 2 they take a shortcut onto the back straight aways. The full circuit that F1 uses simply has too many continuous slow turns for good racing.

The cars sound unbelievable at high RPM's, its like god gargling.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:58 am

almost finnished watching race 1, i'm really liking v8 supercars just lately, it's nascar but with better cars, better drivers and much much better racing and i think i've finially decided which saide i'm on helps.

Always hate triple 8 no matter which side there....
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:01 am

Race 1 started well but got gradually more boring as it went on. Sounds like race 2 was the opposite!

Too many penalties in V8 Supercars though.

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 am

What a sensational final three laps, the position for the lead continually changed which was the most fascinating aspect. I thought once Bright had passed Courtney into the chicane, that was over and done with. Good racing all throughout the pack. The penalties for unsafe pit release are far too petty, did it cause an accident? No, so why give a penalty for a slight tap on the rear bumper?

Perhaps Tony D'Alberto was suffering from brain fade there, what a doofus. He didnít even attempt to make the corner, he thought it was okay to cheat and go across the run off area and bulldoze multiple cars to cause a mess. Talking of a mess, the first Safety Car Period was certainly a mess. Going along at 50 mph was totally unacceptable, with all the run off area the SC could have easily gone onto a run off area to avoid the clean-up job of the track workers.

Hey, nobody can deny those safety car periods really spiced up that race!

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:07 pm

That was a stunning end to race 2. Probably won't see many better than that all year. I did like the shorter 'Corkscrew' bit of the track as well and they looked great under lights.

Last edited by boyhitscarpimp on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a word out)
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:44 am

Seen race 1. Jamie had no problems at all.

Waiting for race 2 to appear on darcy.
Back to top Go down
mazzaf1
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:11 am

Is it just me or is it taking forever to download the races from darcyf1?

The speeds I was getting to download the first Adelaide race was minuscule - around 30kb/s was going to take 13hrs. Resorted to watching race one in parts on youtube, the quality is a little down but at least it works.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:31 am

I am a subscriber to a guy on youtube who puts the full race highlights up. Watched every race last season on it.

All ways excellent quality as well. He also puts up practice, qualifying and the shootout, plus racing from other Australian motor series like Porsche and F3

http://www.youtube.com/user/bmwdvl#p/u/22/j-87BUCVD_A
Back to top Go down
mazzaf1
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:43 am

That's the link I used for the race, picture was good for youtube - little down on the download version but still very watchable - though several points ahead of the quality motorsTV attempt to show. and a nice variety of series better than relying on the overly delayed highlights shows motors unreliably broadcasts, and if my internet doesn't pick up it'll be my source for the season unless it gets taken down like the last one we had.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 am

Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVw_ghpm1aA

Lets hope the F1 is half as good as the racing from this years clipsal 500. The 2nd race was epic.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am

Darcy for me is on internet down load. Although for some reason the site was very slow over weekend and audio and visual werent in sync.

I loved old lukeyson's stuff but no longer does he do it. BWMDVL is good but its in tiny parts and have to find them all! v8supercarchannel or something similar got race 1 up and was all race good quality.
Back to top Go down
mazzaf1
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Both races were brilliant, but race two was on a different level - loads of sideways stuff, especially that Gisbergen drift at turn 8. And a fantastic early battle between Whincup and Davisdon. Been an unfortunate season so far for Bargwanna keeps getting collected in other peoples incidents. being spun by Whincup in Abu-Dhabi and taken out in Adelaide,

Watching the race in the 10 small parts isn't ideal but since darcy was being so slow - though it's picked up after I watched the races on youtube conveniently enough. Checked the V8supercarschannel - the coverage is at a lower resolution but all in one piece.

I wonder how long it takes before motors show their attempt at coverage... It's a relief not to have to rely on that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 am

Its not hard to find each upload by BMWDVL. All you have to do is go onto his youtube channel and all the videos will show up on the right hand side of the page, Then all you do is click up the list at each part you need.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:55 am

Race 3 crash. Shocked
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Anyone been keeping up?

Just seen races from Townville, nothing too spectacular. Tander and Wincup with the wins.

Poor Reynolds though out in front and the cool suit fails after a couple of laps.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 am

v8 supercars has gotten to big for it's boots

it's like touring cars with bernie in charge and there the cost of hosting a race is massive, that why oran park is now a housing estate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oran_Park_Raceway
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:12 am

V8 Supercars goes seem to be expanding globally, such as racing Austin, Texas at the new circuit.

I do love the cars; no four cylinder washing machines here - just big, naughty gurgling V8's with loads of horsepower.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:29 pm

the circuit at austin as paying a massive amount of money to get them there. The v8 supercar bubble will not last long.
Back to top Go down
--paddy--
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Going global means more advertising, but yes it should stay in it's Aussie home roots, shame about Oran wondered where it had gone.

Seems to be the last couple of years they've gone global for race circuits.

The racing is still good though.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:35 am

Anybody watching the Bathurst 1000 this weekend? Gonna be watching the whole thing on Sunday as a recording.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V8 Supercars 2011   

Back to top Go down

V8 Supercars 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next