Share | 

Moto GP 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Moto GP 2011   Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:35 am

The first test is out the way and a bit of a surprise at the top of the time sheets.

May look fairly obvious to see a Honda on top, But it was Simoncelli who took the honours ahead of Stoner.

Ayoma finished 7th on the other Gresini Honda. With a triple head attack from Repsol and Gresini looking to be heading in the right direction, Are Honda going all out to try and get back to winning ways. Last title was 4 years ago now.

Alvaro Bautista was also sick in his Helmet, Poor fella

. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 0.757s (42 laps)
2. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.811s (42 laps)
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 0.845s (46 laps)
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.945s (51 laps)
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.002s (60 laps)
6. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.241s (44 laps)
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.353s (63 laps)
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 1.534s (60 laps)
9. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 1.651s (32 laps)
10. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 1.842s (52 laps)
11. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 2.030s (42 laps)
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.057s (48 laps)
13. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.159s (57 laps)
14. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 2.645s (29 laps)
15. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.717s (44 laps)
16. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 2.916s (55 laps)
17. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 2.965s (41 laps)
18. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Honda Test Rider 2m 3.452s (3 laps)
19. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 3.621s (32 laps)
20. Nobuatsu Aoki JPN Suzuki Test Rider 2m 4.700s (46 laps)
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Alvaro was going well up until today too Sad Good to see the 2 factory Ducati's improved a fair bit on the last day.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:41 pm

top 5 covered by 0.25 of a second, i wouldn't say honda has a massive advantage yet.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 am

Smith favourite rider tops the sheets. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 am

Dam it. Alvaro will miss the opening round after breaking his femur in the last practice session of the day.

Why is it that they're is always One rider who gets injured before the start of the season.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/167540/1/alvaro_bautista_breaks_femur_in_qatar_crash.html

Stoner V Pedrosa this weekend?

Have to say am really excited for this season more then the last couple. With big names changing bikes it should mix things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:01 am

Steven_85 wrote:
Dam it. Alvaro will miss the opening round after breaking his femur in the last practice session of the day.

Why is it that they're is always One rider who gets injured before the start of the season.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/167540/1/alvaro_bautista_breaks_femur_in_qatar_crash.html

Stoner V Pedrosa this weekend?

Have to say am really excited for this season more then the last couple. With big names changing bikes it should mix things up a bit.

Judging by qualifying, I'd say it's game on between those 2. Wink

Bad luck for Bautista. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 am

I cannot wait for tomorrow's race. Going to be a great evening. Starts off with NASCAR, then the race from Qatar.

Because its a night race, the show will be spectacular. All those bright lights against the darkness, makes for great TV.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:50 am

the worst race of the year in show terms.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 am

Enjoying the race from Weilkom 2004. Still one of my favourite races. The emotion from Rossi after winning is something I have never forgot. Still remember it as if it was last week.

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:35 am

Was a good first race I thought. Good result for Stoner. I thought Rossi was going to lead into the first corner. Nice to see Elias back to his normal self. Am sorry but if you cannot figure out how to improve your racing style on a different tyre then you shouldn't be racing.

I never take the first race seriously though. The first test is always Jerez. Expect some great battles there, Plus the Moto2 race should be fantastic, just like last year.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:24 am

The battle between Pedrosa and Spies (think so anyway) in turns 1 and 2 was brilliant. Cool

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 am

Looks like Honda's finally got the RC212V sorted after 4 seasons of not producing any solid results. Stoner perhaps didn't perform the dominant run that many predicted, but to get one over Pedrosa (who, fair play to him, gave Casey a run for his money until his arm 'played up') at this early stage surely must be getting under Dani's skin. The potential battle between those 2 will be one to watch.

Yamaha look like they can still give the Hondas something to think about, even if they haven't got the sheer grunt to match. I think 3rd was probably the best Lorenzo could do had Pedrosa's arm held up. That said, to even be amongst the HRC runners is a result in itself.

Ducati must be wondering where they go from here to get the performance back. Neutral Rossi did well to finish where he did, but as he predicted, the shoulder injury dropped him far behind Spies toward the end of the race. Tbh, I can't see the Rossi of old returning until perhaps at least Catalunya or Silverstone, if not Assen, or even Mugello. Until then, the team will have to dig deep to bring themselves into contention before it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:20 am

CJ wrote:
Looks like Honda's finally got the RC212V sorted after 4 seasons of not producing any solid results. Stoner perhaps didn't perform the dominant run that many predicted, but to get one over Pedrosa (who, fair play to him, gave Casey a run for his money until his arm 'played up') at this early stage surely must be getting under Dani's skin. The potential battle between those 2 will be one to watch.

Yamaha look like they can still give the Hondas something to think about, even if they haven't got the sheer grunt to match. I think 3rd was probably the best Lorenzo could do had Pedrosa's arm held up. That said, to even be amongst the HRC runners is a result in itself.

Ducati must be wondering where they go from here to get the performance back. Neutral Rossi did well to finish where he did, but as he predicted, the shoulder injury dropped him far behind Spies toward the end of the race. Tbh, I can't see the Rossi of old returning until perhaps at least Catalunya or Silverstone, if not Assen, or even Mugello. Until then, the team will have to dig deep to bring themselves into contention before it's too late.

Honda will not want to go through the 800cc era with out winning a championship title. Hayden won the last title for the 990's.

If Honda do not win it this year, They will be gutted. You have to look at the effort Honda put in for Ayoama just to win the last 250cc championship. Lets face it, Honda had been nowhere in 125cc and 250cc racing for a few years. They're need this title and with effectively 4 works HRC bikes I can't see anyone but a Honda winning it this year.

I think Ducati will be happy to get back to 1000cc. But I think Rossi will still win a race or 2 this season.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 pm

The race was good. The battle between stoner and Pedrosa and Lorenzo will good all season. bounce

The sounds were great of the bikes just a shame the BBC commentary team were talking.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 am

Steven_85 wrote:
CJ wrote:

Honda will not want to go through the 800cc era with out winning a championship title. Hayden won the last title for the 990's.

If Honda do not win it this year, They will be gutted. You have to look at the effort Honda put in for Ayoama just to win the last 250cc championship. Lets face it, Honda had been nowhere in 125cc and 250cc racing for a few years. They're need this title and with effectively 4 works HRC bikes I can't see anyone but a Honda winning it this year.

I think Ducati will be happy to get back to 1000cc. But I think Rossi will still win a race or 2 this season.

And I'm sure he will. It'll perhaps just take a bit longer.

Mind you, with the start he had in Qatar, had he not run a bit wide at turn 1, he might have finished higher even if after the shoulder began to hold him back. 5th at best probably.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:41 am

Indeed, I was shouting "Rossi is in the lead" just before the first corner but then he ran wide lol.

I still think it was a great result for him, Just look at Hayden and Melandri first results on the Duke. 11th and 12th respectively.

Jerez is going to be mental thats for sure. cheers I don't think anybody will be able to storm away with the win.
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:29 am

Good race that, good weekend overall. My enthusiasm took a hit Friday night though with Bati's accident. Alvaro is due to fly back to Spain in the coming hours, but apparently his condition isnt too good Sad
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:24 am

What a fantastic race that was. I watched it on BBC as I needed to see what happened with it being damp.

Going to be watching it again in a few minutes with the proper commentary and see the difference. Should make it 100% better.

Won't spoil the result for those who haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 am

it was a mega race. i saw all the laps up to final 9 as my computer give up pushing it far to hard.
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:11 am

That was damn epic, watching it again now. Awesome result in the Moto2 aswell.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:31 am

I know its 2 races in but it looks like I may have to apologise to Karel Abraham as well. I said he would finish last or even not finish at every race, But he isn't doing to badly at the minute I must say. Picked it up very quick.

Great to see Aayoma finish 4th as well. Another lap and he would of had 3rd I reckon. Lorenzo and Haydens tyres at the end though affraid You would never tell that they where wet tyres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moto GP 2011   

Back to top Go down

Moto GP 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1