Share | 

LMP1 are you bothered?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Midge25
Test Driver
Test Driver

PostSubject: LMP1 are you bothered?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 am

Ever since the Deisels started racing at Le Mans LMP1 has been ruined due to the lack of the ACO to Equalize performance resulting in me trying to focus on the GT1's and GT2's if the TV coverage stops it's obsession with AUDI and Peugeot,now with the demise of GT1 Le Mans wont be the same although GT2 does look interesting and i think it will be exciting and some close racing.How many GT2's do you think there will be at Le Mans?i hope 24 but is that too many?
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: LMP1 are you bothered?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 am

there could be 24 gt's, there are too classes for them.

The gt1's should have gone 2 years ago, apart from the Nissan GTR and the Matech (now bankrupt i believe) ford the last new gt1 car was the aston martin which was 2005.

As for lmp1, yes i do care. It's sad that the petrols can't seem to compete. Three reasons for this, 1) the aco have never quite managed to get the equlization right because of 2) the two diesel teams are full factory efforts, they spend the most money and time building and developing their cars. The budget of aston martin is tiny by comparison to audi and peugeot. and 3) the factory's don't want to loose to ..... t woundn't matter if it was petrol audi's and peugeots they'd still be winning maybe by not as much but they'd still be first and second.

And anyway the race between they has been fairly awesome.

The tv does follow p the p1's too much that is fair comment.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: LMP1 are you bothered?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:53 am

No doubt, GT2 and GT classes in general are more exciting then LMP1, in fact, all prototype classes.

The main aspect that I don't like about LMP1, you would be surprised to hear isn't diesel cars. Its the fact that they have traction control. F1 was rightly blasted for having traction control between 2001 - 2007, so I don't see why LMP1 cars have to have traction control. I think if they didn't have an electronic baby to control wheelspin, the racing would be better because all that torque would make controlling the rear end more difficult. - leading to more mistakes Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that LMP1 cars are easy to drive. I cannot comment on that, but I do wonder how edgy the cars would be to drive with no electronic intervention controlling wheelspin.

Equalisation will never, ever work in my opinion.

I don't like diesel at all. I couldn't care less if diesel racing cars are road relevant, go on the M25 or down Oxford Street if you want road relevance. Diesel engines do nothing to enhance the spectacle of motor racing, the noise of a racing car is so crucial and alluring. Motor racing is separate to what happens in road cars, they have totally different parameters - so lets not pretend that diesel engines in LMP1 cars are road relevant. I don't like road relevance in racing if it harms motor racing itself, there can be road relevance whilst keeping motor racing traditions - like great sounding engines.

The TV coverage is an unfortunate aspect, and nothing can be done about it. LMP1 is a snooze-fest compared to GT2, but its Audi and Peugeot cars that we constantly see because they pay additional money to be broadcasted the most.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: LMP1 are you bothered?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:44 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
No doubt, GT2 and GT classes in general are more exciting then LMP1, in fact, all prototype classes.

The main aspect that I don't like about LMP1, you would be surprised to hear isn't diesel cars. Its the fact that they have traction control. F1 was rightly blasted for having traction control between 2001 - 2007, so I don't see why LMP1 cars have to have traction control. I think if they didn't have an electronic baby to control wheelspin, the racing would be better because all that torque would make controlling the rear end more difficult. - leading to more mistakes Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that LMP1 cars are easy to drive. I cannot comment on that, but I do wonder how edgy the cars would be to drive with no electronic intervention controlling wheelspin.

Equalisation will never, ever work in my opinion.

I don't like diesel at all. I couldn't care less if diesel racing cars are road relevant, go on the M25 or down Oxford Street if you want road relevance. Diesel engines do nothing to enhance the spectacle of motor racing, the noise of a racing car is so crucial and alluring. Motor racing is separate to what happens in road cars, they have totally different parameters - so lets not pretend that diesel engines in LMP1 cars are road relevant. I don't like road relevance in racing if it harms motor racing itself, there can be road relevance whilst keeping motor racing traditions - like great sounding engines.

The TV coverage is an unfortunate aspect, and nothing can be done about it. LMP1 is a snooze-fest compared to GT2, but its Audi and Peugeot cars that we constantly see because they pay additional money to be broadcasted the most.

i almost totally agree with everything

i do kind of like the diesels being quite as i do have some tinnatus (sp?) but the noise of a v12 aston martin is still a million times better.

it should be said that when the audi r10 turned up at sebring in 05 it had a 1000 plus newton mtre's of torque and no traction control and the drivers had no real problem and won the race, but i say ban it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LMP1 are you bothered?   

Back to top Go down

LMP1 are you bothered?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1