Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:09 am

Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 am

Nice joke, the fakeness is to be seen on the calendar. Montreal is fully booked this year, F1 uses the track in June and NASCAR uses it in August for the Nationwide Series and Grand-Am. No way would NASCAR let Champ Car use it on their weekend.

I miss Champ Car though, the battles used to be classic. Paul Tracy v Sebastian Bourdais!!

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:54 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
Nice joke, the fakeness is to be seen on the calendar. Montreal is fully booked this year, F1 uses the track in June and NASCAR uses it in August for the Nationwide Series and Grand-Am. No way would NASCAR let Champ Car use it on their weekend.

I miss Champ Car though, the battles used to be classic. Paul Tracy v Sebastian Bourdais!!

it is a good joke, although i think he made himself champion so who ever it is, he/she is a bit mad.

imo champcar was always better than indycar
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:38 am

Laughing that is very good. Laughing

I agree with CT. i use to love watching champ car on eurosport brilliant it was.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:25 am

Apezoon7 wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:

imo champcar was always better than indycar

I agree, and it’s all down to the cars. The current Dallara-Honda is slow, ugly and sounds horrible. Even a GP2 car, which is a junior-series car, can beat an IndyCar on a road course. The IndyCar ‘only’ has 650 bhp too.

Where as the DP01 Champ Car was much quicker on road courses as it was designed with road courses in mind. It had a 100 bhp more then the IndyCar and was turbocharged, so it had tremendous acceleration out of slow corners. Plus, with the power-boost function – overtaking was plentiful even on the tightest street courses.

The 2012 IndyCar with different aero kits and engines should be much better then the current IndyCar, though.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Quote :
The 2012 IndyCar with different aero kits and engines should be much better then the current IndyCar, though.

well the different engines at least, i can't see anybody doing a body kit. The maximium selling price for a body kit is 75k and the cost of designing one is about 2 mill upwards. so simlpy maths says you need to supply at least 28 to 30 cars to break even.

However having 3 engine suppliers is a good thing, but only 2.2 litres.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:07 am

From how I understand it, the better funded teams like Penske, Ganassi, Andretti Autosport and Lotus will be making aero kits for their own cars and will not be selling their own respective creations. However, Chevrolet will be making an aero kit that will be sold to smaller teams.

Interestingly, IndyCar are moving to double-file restarts on ovals. It couldn’t have come soon enough, oval restarts are ultra snooz-ish with all cars single file and no racing. All cars bunched up side-by-side means there will be no where to escape – even if you’re leading.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 am

Quote :
From how I understand it, the better funded teams like Penske, Ganassi, Andretti Autosport and Lotus will be making aero kits for their own cars and will not be selling their own respective creations.

i believe the rule state they have to sell them, it's a case of if team x ask for team b's body kit, team b has to sell it too them and it's cpped at 75k
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 am

I would be highly surprised if the likes of Penske would sell their aero kit, essentially meaning small teams can be as competitive as Penske. If Penske spend millions on their aero kit, then they would have to sell loads of aero kits just to break even (which I believe is what you said as well).

It's a bit ridiculous, it's like telling the major F1 teams to sell their chassis's and aerodynamics to smaller teams. Then again, small IndyCar teams have no hope in hell of making their oen aero kits - they can barley afford to run a spec Dallara now.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
I would be highly surprised if the likes of Penske would sell their aero kit, essentially meaning small teams can be as competitive as Penske. If Penske spend millions on their aero kit, then they would have to sell loads of aero kits just to break even (which I believe is what you said as well).

It's a bit ridiculous, it's like telling the major F1 teams to sell their chassis's and aerodynamics to smaller teams. Then again, small IndyCar teams have no hope in hell of making their oen aero kits - they can barley afford to run a spec Dallara now.

thats exactly it, there's no point in building a kit for that very reason. common wisdom says that you would need to see more than 30 kits to break even or to put it another way the indy 500 grid.
Finally and i'm not sure i remember this correctly your not allowed to run more than 1 kit in a season, now that might not be right but i think it's in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champcar gearing up for 2011 season   

Back to top Go down

Champcar gearing up for 2011 season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1