View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: The Nurburgring needs your support   Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:18 am

http://www.bsimracing.com/?p=13381

Quote :
Germany’s Nürburgring is the world’s automotive playground. A public park for gearheads. Sadly, it’s been handed over to privateers who’ve put the entire ‘Ring at risk. Michael Frison of 20832.com explains why we need to save the Nürburgring! — Ed.

You might be surprised by reading this headline and I’m aware the subject has not gained much awareness abroad, but there’s currently a serious threat to the Nürburgring.

Since it’s opening in 1927, the Nurburgring has been under complete public ownership and administration, but in May of this year the complete Nurburgring race track and park was rented out to two privateers (Kai Richter, Jörg Lindner). They have no motorsports background whatsoever, but are the driving forces behind the makeover, which includes the addition of a theme park with a new roller coaster that doesn’t work, more hotel capacity than the area needs, a 3,000-seat event arena, and a shopping mall. Everything appears to be far too big and remains empty most of the time.

They promised private financing, but this soon turned out to be a fake. The Minister of Finance had to resign as a consequence. Despite lack of funding completion of the project continued.

The heavy burden now sitting on Nordschleife’s shoulder is the debt of approximately 400 Million Euros, which seems completely unnecessary considering complete race tracks have been constructed for a fraction of this amount.

The issue is complex and has kept fans of the ‘Ring busy, but I want to share with you what just happend last week: Nürburgring officials always claim a total of two million visitors per year, but in true Wikileaks style we got ahold of an older internal document (PDF) telling a different story. Promoters always engage in number polishing, but this is of different quality. It appears there’s double bookkeeping for real vs. published visitors for all events held at the Ring. Have a look at the graph summarizing the figures:

Who would dare to claim two million spectators while only 370,000 actually turned up? The Nürburgring did and they based the business plan of the new leisure park on these numbers.

You don’t believe me? Ask Sabine next time you meet her. Several investigations have already been triggered by the Department of Public Prosecution, a governmental board of inquiry and the competition department of the European Commission.

And anyone who criticizes the current direction of the ‘Ring is answered with force. Wilhelm Hahne — the oldest of the racing Hahne brothers (his brother Armin finished 6th last weekend at the track) — had his house searched in June of last year and as recent as last week received again a warning letter from the Nürburgring lawyers for speaking the truth.

It really hurts to get sucked into politics and to witness how they treat the heritage we all love. The worst that could happen is enthusiasts be forced to pay the price of a privateer’s blunder in the form of higher prices or worse. Threats to the track include reduced maintenance of the track to reduce costs, less motorsports, and restrictions on small clubs running events in the area. Enthusiasts could also be required to book at the new hotels to race at the track.

Please spread the word if you care about Nordschleife and its heritage. Followringumbau.de (the documentary community site accompanying the development) and question the information shared by officials.

* SAVE THE RING Facebook Page
* Twitter hash tag # SaveTheRing
* http://20832.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61686
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The Nurburgring needs your support   Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:08 am

I've been reading more and more reports about this, and it's very concerning. These guys sound like Simon Gillet...

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Nurburgring needs your support   Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:40 am

Mobil 1 wrote:
I've been reading more and more reports about this, and it's very concerning. These guys sound like Simon Gillet...

they do and thats a scary propect
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Nurburgring needs your support   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:05 am

Yes but Donington is a much smaller place to put right. If these guys start ripping up the old track we will never get it back.

One of my dreams is to finally get a chance to go round the circuit, I don't care if it's in a bog standard car, or a after I win the lotto and I'm using my new supercar. These guys can not ruin my dream Evil or Very Mad

I know we say it all the time when ever we hear of a circuit in trouble, But surely Motorsport fans across the world will never let this circuit die. You go to any corner of the globe and ask them what Nordschlieffe is, Am sure their will tell you,
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: The Nurburgring needs your support   Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:33 am

Motorsport fans won’t make any difference, they rarely do.

What might matter though, is the power of car manufacturers. I don’t know of a major car manufacturer that doesn’t use the Nordschleife for testing and tuning their upcoming production cars. I seriously doubt that directors of major car companies will just sit back and won’t care about the Nurburgring’s future, as the track provides them with a valuable development tool that is affordable, convenient and a mix of corners, gradients and camber changes that they cannot find anywhere else.

Heck, even General Motors test their US-spec Cadillac’s at the Nordschleife.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: The Nurburgring needs your support   Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:07 am

we would make a difference if we shoot the fuckers trying to mess with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nurburgring needs your support   Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Scary as it is, the prospects may well just happen. Car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nurburgring needs your support   

Back to top Go down

The Nurburgring needs your support
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1