Share | 

Superstars Championship coming to UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Will be there about 9am, off for breakfast at a local greasy spoon first! Want to try get my Slot It Mazda 787B signed by Johnny Herbert.
I'm not expecting it to be busy today though.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 am

Well got back from sunny (ish) Donington just after 8pm. Had a great day, Weather was perfect, Not to hot or too cold, Got to hear some great sounding cars, My new tent thing is awesome, Got some cracking photos and Video and it was great catching up with Nick and Elaine again.

Will probs put some up over the next day or 2, Or check out more on facebook when I decide to do it.

I just have to say One thing, I want to send a big thumbsup to all the teams for being so friendly during the pit walk and in parc ferme, Not every race series lets kids get their photos taking inside the actual car during the pit walk session, I think that is a real bonus and the kids will have great memories, Keeps them interested in motorsport which is a big plus.

Also being able to walk around in parc ferme and touch the cars after the final race was great as well. Got to have a real good look at them. (Not being locked behind closed doors straight afterwards).

Would be great for this to come back next year, But please bring the Audi's next time Wink
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Steven_85 wrote:
Well got back from sunny (ish) Donington just after 8pm.

your mate must have put his foot down then!

Yeah it was a good day, kinda quiet after being used to BTCC type weekends, with scooters (yep scooters) and pick ups being the main support races. Managed to get my Slot It Le Mans winning Mazda signed by Johnny Herbert.
It wasn't busy at all, similar spectator attendance to DTM in 2003, but i did hear over the circuit pa that they're hoping for the series to return in 2012.
Like Steven said, shame the Audi's and Caddy's wern't there, especially as they'd have added some much needed colour to a mainly white grid. Watching R2 down at the Melbourne Hairpin was good, plenty of action. Have to catch up on the TV if Motors showed it when the EPG was saying.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 am

His car is a bit faster then mine, Let's just say that Laughing

I liked how quiet it was to be honest, You had plenty space to sit wherever you wanted and doing the pit walk was nice and relaxed, Unlike BTCC you didn't have hundreds of people pushing past or squashing you.

Highlights on motorstv tonight if you're interested. Race 2 was good to watch.

My mate sends his thanks again for the poster you give him. Really appreciates it. thumbsup

images now on facebook, Hope this link works. I have another 300 or so quality photos so I just picked these ones.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.127961380620144.33117.100002188487130
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 am

Just seen your pictures of Superstars on Facebook Steven. Great pictures, I find the quality of racing varies a bit from race to race - but that's the case with a lot of series.

These are touring cars I full approve of. These are Europe's V8 Supercars. Big gurgling petrol V8's with no eco shit and loads of different cars.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 am

Having seen the pics too from Donington I have to say it looked a great series, oh and by the looks of it the best car there was the 250 Megane Laughing (which was also at Croft)

Might look at going to superstars should it return to the UK
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:41 pm

pix from Sunday

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.138281236249771.35312.100002036869532
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superstars Championship coming to UK   

Back to top Go down

Superstars Championship coming to UK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2