HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*   Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 am

there is currently a spike in sites going down due to servers being attacked, maybe some sites you use have been attacked, there is four that i know of (use)

these attacks are not aimed at particular sites usually, more aimed at the servers this however could be due to the hacker attempting to take down a specific site, thus we don't know what neighbors we have on the server we use.

can all members report anything they see suspicious on the forum or any issues loading the site, weather it be a 404 error or DNS Failure etc, also can members please make sure their registered email address is up to date & working, it doesn't have to be your main email just one that is working & that you can access.

hopefully we will be ok & nothing will happen Smile

The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*   Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:52 am

I have been seeing a lot of bots lately, and also an alarming amount of 'guests' - there can be about 17 guests when there are only two members browsing sometimes when I am online - I cannot imagine all of those guests are genuine?

Anyway, if anything bad happens then we'll have to bring out a safety car out or even a medical car to be safe.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:18 am

i do see alot guest and sometimes 4 bots at time when i am on during day.....i think we need to gear up and prepare for WAR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*   Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Currently 7 guests and 3 bots

Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*   Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 am

1 of those guests will be me from one time or another, As I switch between the pc downstairs and the 1 in my room it normally signs me out of the last one I was on.

As their isn't much going on these days I can't be bothered to sign in half the time just to read 1 or 2 posts. How about we close certain topics to none members? Or people not logged in?
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*   Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:24 am

it's not really bots that are the issue, for example Pete's Pet Forum could be the target of a attack, that site could be on the same server as us, the server gets attacked thus we go down.

there is nothing to worry about, it's just a notice encase anything happens & to make members aware Smile

PostSubject: Re: important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*   

Back to top Go down

important please read ! *site attacks & hacking*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1