Share | 

BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I am still undecided about the new Focus to be honest. Until I see one with my own eyes and not from photos on the net then I can't decide if I like it or not. ( That goes for the road going version as well)

Am also not keen on that big snow plough of a front bumper, plus it just looks like a Seat Leon from the side on shot. No doubt it will grow on me though.

Still expect Ford to win the title this year.

Have their announced the 2nd driver yet? I bet few people want to go to that team knowing what happened to Tom Onslow-Cole last year.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 am

Its a BLOODY FORD!!! the colour looks good though but still its a FORD! it'll break and will fail Laughing Wink Of course Steven knows i'm kidding as he could say the same thing if Renault ever got racing in the BTCC again (Pray & Hope)
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 am

I'm impressed that a new model is coming to the BTCC, the road car has barley been launched, yet the new Focus will be racing in BTCC. Just shows that BTCC doesn't need the S2000 regulations to progress. With the S2000 regs, we always got new models after WTCC - not anymore.

The new Focus looks nasty though, I saw a truck full of them at my local dealership last week. Those triangular things on the front bumper look hideous, as do the long rear lights - its as if the designer needed the toilet badly and accidentally drew on for too long. The MK1 Focus was the only Focus that looked nice, the MK2 was dull, and this MK3 is ugly.

Plus, the Focus costs as much as a VW Golf. Sorry, I'll take the much better looking and better quality car thanks.

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 am

Steven_85 wrote:
Have their announced the 2nd driver yet? I bet few people want to go to that team knowing what happened to Tom Onslow-Cole last year.

Andy Neate seems to be the favourite to bring enough money to support Tom Chilton, can't have anyone too fast like TOC, AON won't be impressed when the second driver does better than 'their' driver.
TOC could well miss out this year due to lack of funds, have seen him linked with the Motorbase 3rd Focus, but he requires money for that.
Steven, you'll be better off supporting Mat Jackson than Chilton imo, he's a far better driver.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:16 am

boyhitscarpimp wrote:
Steven_85 wrote:

Andy Neate seems to be the favourite to bring enough money to support Tom Chilton, can't have anyone too fast like TOC, AON won't be impressed when the second driver does better than 'their' driver.
TOC could well miss out this year due to lack of funds, have seen him linked with the Motorbase 3rd Focus, but he requires money for that.
Steven, you'll be better off supporting Mat Jackson than Chilton imo, he's a far better driver.

I don't Support Chilton, Laughing I support Ford (And Peugeot, But their haven't been in BTCC for a while now) and I will be cheering for Harry Vaulkhard and Arthur Forster.

Also once again I have to agree with Sav, Well sort of anyway, The mk1 Focus facelift is still one of the best looking Focus's. The normal Mk1 looks hidious in comparison. Laughing (Not being biased of course)

But the 2008- 2009 facelift models of the MK2 are cum in my pants gorgous, Especially the ST. : love . Again the first editions of it 2004 - 2007 are truly awful.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:
I'm impressed that a new model is coming to the BTCC, the road car has barley been launched, yet the new Focus will be racing in BTCC. Just shows that BTCC doesn't need the S2000 regulations to progress. With the S2000 regs, we always got new models after WTCC - not anymore.

The new Focus looks nasty though, I saw a truck full of them at my local dealership last week. Those triangular things on the front bumper look hideous, as do the long rear lights - its as if the designer needed the toilet badly and accidentally drew on for too long. The MK1 Focus was the only Focus that looked nice, the MK2 was dull, and this MK3 is ugly.

Plus, the Focus costs as much as a VW Golf. Sorry, I'll take the much better looking and better quality car thanks.

Thank goodness for that, I thought it was just me who found the front the new focus horrible.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Mobil 1 wrote:

The Focus is S2000, but with an NGTC engine, so will only be able to race this season and next, before the axe falls on S2000 (although they may get a stay and have to carry an extra 50kg of ballast like BTC spec cars this year)
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:15 am

The new Focus is S2000? I'm surprised, those rules are fading out, it would have made sense for a new model like this to be built to the new NGTC rules. It shows how crap WTCC is though, BTCC that only serves one small island has got a major car model before them.

The MK2 Focus ST face lift looks decent, but, the interior of the Focus MK2 is truly nasty. Shitty quality plastics and elephant-arse grey bits everywhere. I agree with Steven that the MK1 face lifted Focus looks nice, it still looks fresh today.

Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 am

Cerca Trova wrote:
Mobil 1 wrote:

Thank goodness for that, I thought it was just me who found the front the new focus horrible.

No I think it looks awfull too dull as dish watter looking and I saw a truck full of them outside Benfield Ford on Monday thought dear god its bland
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:44 am

Plato confirmed, so lots of whinging about NGTC engined cars (Ford's and Honda's especially)

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5809
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 pm

pix of Tony Gilham's livery on the 888 Vectra

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=127793
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 am

I don't like Vauxhalls but that is an epic paint job.

I love bright colours in motor racing, Helps cars stand out from each other, So your not looking for numbers all the time.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:39 am

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5830

Alex MacDowell stays at Chevrolet. Not really a surprise, he seems to have money behind him, and of course Plato gets no real challange from his team mate. Disappointing when Chevy need to be trying to win the manufacturers title as well. See if he improves on last year, sometimes he had good pace, but seemed to get bullied in the rough and tumble of BTCC.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 am

There are some drivers that cannot cut it in BTCC, I hope he isn't one of them, but he was last year. Jelly was similar, far too polite and nice.

In order to be successful in BTCC, it seems as you have to be a great villain - a lot like in NASCAR. Crash into whoever you need to in order to win, defend how you feel like and let nobody push you around.

I hugely dislike Matt Neal, but his rivalry with Plato is thrilling - a great reason to watch.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am

Looks like Techspeed have acquired last years' Cruze's and are testing with O'Neill and George

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2270&month=0&year=2008&form=&searchterm=

Fantastic news if Paul has the budget to run the full season in a Cruze cheers
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:42 am

Dave Newsham joins Geoff Steel Racing, which is great news.

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2273&month=0&year=2011&form=&searchterm=

O'Neill and George seem to have enjoyed a test in a more recent car than the Integra

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2272&month=0&year=2011&form=&searchterm=
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 am

AmD sign Tom Onslow Cole

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2288&month=0&year=2008&form=&searchterm=

Shaun Hollamby has stepped down from the drive. Seen this a a potential rumour at the weekend but didn't really believe it.
I'm glad that TOC has a drive, but don't think he'll be at the front challenging the front runners. I do think he may cause a few upsets and surprises, hopefully to the AON Focus team especially, and a win in the reverse grid race is a possibility. Me and Elaine are YRC members so it's our car to support as well.
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Jonny Adam tested for Motorbase at Brands, whether he can raise a budget to run the last 5 rounds is another thing...be good to see him back though.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=6449
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc   

Back to top Go down

BTCC 2011 - announcements, rumours etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4