Share | 

Donington 18/19th Sept

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Donington 18/19th Sept   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:38 pm

BTCC returns to Donington this weekend, after the abortive attempts to host F1 nearly killed the track. The revamped chicane is reckoned to be better for overtaking than the old one at Goddards.
Not expecting much for spectator facilities, and no access to the infield, so outside of the Old Hairpin it is then. Sunday forecast looks like traditional BTCC Donington weather - showery rain - just hope it's not like Brands!
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:09 pm

yay motorsport at donington Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah, just over 6 months ago i went to the 'Save Donington' Open Day, when things didn't look good, so it's fantastic that this show of support has helped contribute to keeping that track alive and we have racing there again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 am

It will be the first time I've seen BTCC on TV for a while, I am looking forward to it. Rain is great for TV viewers I suppose. Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:55 am

Just watched two brilliant races, wow - race 1 was mental. Plato's fight through the field from 20th position to 3rd position was nothing short of fantastic in race 2, that's what I like about Plato. He puts everything on the line to race, sometimes he goes over the line but thats the fun of watching him!

I must say though, Plato's bump of Matt Neal in race one totally backfired. He hit Neal in the chicane hoping to dispose of him, instead Neal slided back onto the track and put Plato in the gravel trap. I really don't understand Team Aon, what is the point in trying to disadvantage Tom Onslow Cole when Chilton has fewer driver points? I can at least understand Ferrari's team orders but Aon's I cannot! Okay, I know its because Chilton's dad's company is a sponsor of the team, but the way they are going motor racing is no way to race - it doesn't even make any sense!

WTCC was like watching paint dry compared to BTCC.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Well we got by without any rain yesterday, which i didn't expect. Wasnt a lot of action at the Old Hairpin, they were saving it for the new chicane, which at the moment spectators can't really get to to view (hopefully that will change). Got back at 8pm last night. Met up with Steven, who only decided to go at 10pm the night before!!
Had a good weekend with autographs, got all the BTCC field apart from Onsloe-Cole who i wasnt able to get in the scrum of the pitlane walkabout, despite getting near. Also bumped into Damon Hill as Formula Ford's were racing this weekend (better racing than the 2 Renault series they replaced).
Watched race 1&2 on tv last night, certainly chaos that resulted in Plato retiring, but he was the architect of his own downfall trying to bump Neal. Jordan and Collard were innocent victims in that!
Paul O'Neill had a crap weekend, race ending damage in races 1&3 and out of the top 10 in 2 meant he was well disappointed and the damage from the weekend leaves him not sure about making Brands; i'm sure Techspeed with find a way.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Watched the last race on TV.

Makes for an interesting finale at Brands - might even go.

Mach1.

P.S. - Bring back the Dunlop Bridge, it was a Donington icon.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:07 pm

about the dunlop bridge, well yes it is an icon. But now you can see goddards to coppice without this thing blocking the view.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Move location CT - lol!

P.S. you mean was an icon.
Back to top Go down
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 pm

As Nick says, I only decided to go on Saturday night while watch MOTD, So went to bed about 12pm after getting stuff ready. Then getting up for 6am. Was really knackered when I got home last night.

Wasn't a lot happening down at the old hiarpin, Well apart from the Ginetta Juniors which is always good to watch. Will need to watch the highlights for the touring cars to see what went on in the first race.

I still think Plato or Neal will win it at Brands, So let battle comence. Cool
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Move location CT - lol!

P.S. you mean was an icon.

ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:11 am

So who's going to Brands then ?
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 am

Me, have done all the other rounds so have to. Will be going for the weekend and camping - hope it's better than the weather we had in May.
Back to top Go down
French Fancy
Mr. Frenchie
Mr. Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 am

I rather wish i'd gone now, would have been a far better day than I had at Headingley on Sunday, I saw the first race and was very eventfull sounds like the following races were as good too
and Nick has had a right season Laughing going to every meeting this season thats really good going
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:33 am

I must say despite there is often people who will yearn for the BTCC glory days, the racing in BTCC has been nothing short of outstanding this year. Only NASCAR serves up better, more intense racing action.

BTCC actually has more car variety then WTCC this year and far, far better racing.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:30 am

The glory years of Super Touring era is a rose tinted glasses look in some respects, most of the years a single manufacturer dominated (BMW 93, Alfa 94, Audi 96, Renault 97 Nissan 99),(only 95 and 98 we seemed to have more equal cars from rivals). Some of it stems from the tv coverage, which whilst being highlights a week later were stunningly put together and at a time when F1 tended to be the only other racing on tv, and some of it from the wide variety of nationalities of drivers the manufacturers were able to attract, to what was the premier series in the world for touring cars.
I think the racing has been fantastic in the last few years, i know things have been marred by the 'bash em off' tactics of certain drivers at times, but we've had some class drivers end up as champion, Gio, Turkington and Thommo are all world class and it's a shame that none of them have a full time drive with a manufacturer or a decent sponsor in WTCC or BTCC.
Plato has learnt from Gio's way of winning the championship and has driven extremely well this year, although i'm not a fan of his, if he wins the title he's definately earned it.
I'd like to see Shedden win the title, i think he's also driven well this year and he doesnt seem to use the Matt Neal 'bash em' tactics to get past rivals too often.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 am

Super Shedds would make a great BTCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC champion
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:14 am

I reckon Plato will take the title, sometimes this year he has been conservative just to collect points - a lesson he learnt from 2009. Plato has done the best job all year in my opinion, Shedden and Neal have both performed brilliantly at various stages of the season so far, but have been curiously off the pace a lot of the time - especially in qualifying.

I don't think BTCC could possibly pull off a more exciting finale then last year's final three races...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donington 18/19th Sept   

Back to top Go down

Donington 18/19th Sept
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1