Le Mans Series - Silverstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Great battle between allan and ant at the start.

But Audi 7 retired not good at all Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:36 am

Just watching this, just thought i'd say that No.12 car (Think he said Prost or someone was driving) looks damn awesome! Cool
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:34 am

?
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:47 am

Really good race. i only saw 50minutes of it or something like that........nice one eurosport.

I am disappointed with result to say the least.......

There was alot contact and respect the track and driving standards flag been shown

i was surprised to see the GT1 field all out in one problem.....

Other great event at silverstone. roll on petit le mans.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:09 am

it was quite a shock all of gt1 going out at exactly the same time
Back to top Go down
BiggieT17
Driver Stalker
Driver Stalker

Location : The damp cold sticky moist regions of Southern Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:41 am

A very eventful day today.

To top off all the autographs i got over the weekend, i was cheeky and asked Darren Turner for his gloves, to which i now have in my possesion some very nice gloves which are signed as well.

Back to top Go down
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 am

GT1 all out in one go??
I never noticed.
I wonder what the ticket sales figures are because there was an awful lot of people there.
32701C65-8463-877A-9AEF-6347FC499914
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:49 am

willyj wrote:
GT1 all out in one go??
I never noticed.
I wonder what the ticket sales figures are because there was an awful lot of people there.
32701C65-8463-877A-9AEF-6347FC499914

To be honest willyj. i dout even people noticed it was actaully there.

Sounded like a great event. i should of went.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 am

I think I had a fairly pleasant day, I enjoyed seeing and hearing these cars and the different noises they all made. The grid walk was superb; I’ve never done anything as exclusive as that before. Even though it’s such a high pressure environment, all the drivers and team personnel are so calm and relaxed on the grid. It’s like they are preparing to go for a picnic or something. Nigel Mansell in particular was so immersed in his environment – it is something that I have noticed on the television.

Although the 7 Audi retiring potentially robbed us of an overall race battle, the reality is that Davidson aready breezed past one Audi at the start – then passed another one later on. So retirements or no retirements – Peugeot had the dominant car. The Peugeot looks so planted around Silverstone, especially through the Becketts sequence. Not a touch on an F1 car, but very much the next best thing.

The Prototype drivers were being particularly aggressive today, I witnessed two prototype v GT2 dustups. At Club, an LMP2 car rammed into a GT2 Ferrari at Club but he came off worse and managed to get stuck in the grass. Then in the Arena section, Boullion in the Rebellion first made contact with a Ferrari in one of the hairpins in the arena section, then after not being satisfied with that - Boullion drove straight into him at the next hairpin and actually had to reverse to out of the way. Bizzare.

I crowd looked full-ish in some places, but as usual empty in others. The crowd on one of the pit straight grandstands looked full, and a grandstand in the Arena section was full too – I was there! But everywhere else looked pretty empty, at least a 20,000 crowd though. Do bear in mind though, a lot of people were wearing Autosport things around their necks – so a fair amount would not have paid for tickets. BMW were offering a superb free poster to everybody – kudos to them for giving freebies to fans.

The most disappointing thing of the whole day had to be the lack of TV screens, or rather none at all. With the cars being so loud, hearing the commentary was fairly useless for most of the time. I had little idea as to what was going on, with no position or lap time data. When I went for the F1 practice and even LMS in 2008, there was a screen at Copse – where has that gone? As a spectator at the track, I found it frustrating at the lack of visual information/pictures in the spectator areas. Hindy from Radio LeMans is way too biased, from the commentary I heard he has a vendetta against Davidson – I wonder who won! He complained at Davidson racing too hard, too early. WTF? This was a motor race and he put on a show by overtaking!

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 am

It was also good to meet Mark once again and Matt once again, although the latter was a wave. Good to see some fellow forum members. Cool

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 am

Sav wrote:
LMP2 car rammed into a GT2 Ferrari

I think that was jonny Mowlem and the hankook ferrari. jonny was not about it.

Sav wrote:
Hindy from Radio LeMans is way too biased, from the commentary I heard he has a vendetta against Davidson – I wonder who won! He complained at Davidson racing too hard, too early. WTF? This was a motor race and he put on a show by overtaking!

Davidson did a driving standards flag however i think Hindy doesn't like Davidson attitude towards racing after le mans. He should handle the it better.........but i can't speak for hindy but ask him on midweek motorsports on facebook!

Here is his interview with speed

Back to top Go down
willyj
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Sav 2 wrote:

I crowd looked full-ish in some places, but as usual empty in others. The crowd on one of the pit straight grandstands looked full, and a grandstand in the Arena section was full too – I was there! But everywhere else looked pretty empty, at least a 20,000 crowd though. Do bear in mind though, a lot of people were wearing Autosport things around their necks – so a fair amount would not have paid for tickets. BMW were offering a superb free poster to everybody – kudos to them for giving freebies to fans.
At least being the operative word.

According to this it was 40,000.

I am not surprised. There was 15 t0 20 people at Stowe for the start, 2 hours later there was hundreds and a steady stream of people walking down the Hanger Straight (not on the circuit of course!)
Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I wanted to go, but Elaine was working yesterday and we're out of money after a week in Scotland Sad
Will try and make it for next years' race.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Hindy isn't a big fan of Ant Davidson after the corvette thing at LM

and

then

listen to liz Halliday and then listen Davidson. It was Davidsons fault and there you go. The Crash and the reaction is why Hindy isn't a Davidson fan.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 am

willyj wrote:
Sav 2 wrote:

At least being the operative word.

According to this it was 40,000.

I am not surprised. There was 15 t0 20 people at Stowe for the start, 2 hours later there was hundreds and a steady stream of people walking down the Hanger Straight (not on the circuit of course!)

Now that is impressive, the second biggest crowd for the LMS I think – in 2008 53,000 people attended. I do maintain though, a heck of a lot of spectators had VIP things around their necks. I saw Autosport passes, Aston-Martin passes and Evo Magazine passes – that would have significantly bolstered the crowd.

Also, I think Audi and Peugeot officially being there boosted the crowd (which I should add results in a genuine crowd). To have the top prototypes from two world class car manufacturers meant that people saw the very finest prototype’s in action. It was good to see that, the Le Mans show at its fullest and it’s finest with the top cars there.

As for Hindy, if he doesn’t like Davidson then that is fine. He is perfectly entitled to his own opinion and can think what he likes. But for a professional like him to show such a dislike to a particular driver isn’t particularly professional. He isn’t just a fan at home, he is a commentator and he should reserve his ultimate opinions when he is presenting to the wider public. At the end of the day, Davidson is a professional racing driver and Hindy is not – so you could argue that Hindy doesn’t really know what he is talking about when he is so critical.

As for that Corvette incident at the Porsche curves, that’s tough shit. The Corvette driver left a car’s width space and Davidson decided to take advantage of that. He is aggressive and that is fantastic, if he wasn’t aggressive like yesterday then people would be criticising him for being too lenient.

Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 am

Quote :
As for Hindy, if he doesn’t like Davidson then that is fine. He is perfectly entitled to his own opinion and can think what he likes. But for a professional like him to show such a dislike to a particular driver isn’t particularly professional. He isn’t just a fan at home, he is a commentator and he should reserve his ultimate opinions when he is presenting to the wider public. At the end of the day, Davidson is a professional racing driver and Hindy is not – so you could argue that Hindy doesn’t really know what he is talking about when he is so critical.

One of the things i like about hindy is his honesty

Quote :

As for that Corvette incident at the Porsche curves, that’s tough shit. The Corvette driver left a car’s width space and Davidson decided to take advantage of that. He is aggressive and that is fantastic, if he wasn’t aggressive like yesterday then people would be criticising him for being too lenient.

thats bunk, that corvette need that much room to get around that corner. It's not tough shit, Davidson should have waited. It's what every other P1, P2 and GT1 driver had to do and could manage to do. Even other Peugeot drivers weren't that stupid.
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:11 am

Quote :

He joins Eddie Jordan in being a loud-mouth twat – regarding his Davidson hatred. From the moment Davidson started hassling Mcnish yesterday, Hindy started his crusade on Davidson. And guess what, Davidson made an epic pass on Mcnish cleanly – bet Mr Hindy was spitting bricks at that…

Davidson made a split second decision and decided to commit his car to the inside of the Corvette, I can only imagine it’s easy for people who are not racing drivers to criticise (I think all fans have been guilty of that!). But to actually understand what Davidson, as a racing driver was thinking at that point is something much harder. Of course shit happens, I saw three prototypes yesterday run into GT2 cars yesterday – and this is at Silverstone with a wider track. So its not like Davidson is an unusual menace, the speed differences are huge.

Anyway, Davidson had a gap and he went for it. I notice that Davidson almost cleared the Corvette before the second Porsche curve as well, it wasn’t like no gap existed at all and a clean overtake was not possible. The opportunity was there. This kind of thing has happened numerous times, so for certain people to crusade Davidson is just wrong. It isn't some authoritative view of mine, its just my take on what occurred.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:21 am

Cerca Trova wrote:
Quote :

He is honest and that is great. i think sav you just don't like him. lol

Quote :

Cerca Trova wrote:
thats bunk, that corvette need that much room to get around that corner. It's not tough shit, Davidson should have waited. It's what every other P1, P2 and GT1 driver had to do and could manage to do. Even other Peugeot drivers weren't that stupid.

The Corvette incident he could of waited but the problem is his interview. On radio le mans he said he "didn't care" and on the speed interview....he goes serves him right......
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:31 am

Quote :
He is honest and that is great. i think sav you just don't like him. lol

I don't mind him usually, but his hatred of Davidson is a bit sour and a bit desperate. Just didn't like the way he started to blast Davidson for battling with Mcnish, even before Davidson had passed Mcnish. He provided some great action in the opening laps and instead of being applaudd, he was blasted.

Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:59 am

His hatred of Davidson is just like. your love for safety cars and BBC's love of lotus.......

But what radio le mans and hindy, eve and tim grey done for sportscar racing coverage is brilliant. the coverage every ALMS and LMS and they don't charge for downloading the races and listening to it.
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:41 am

RLM had Davidson on MWM the week after le mans and hindy was perfectly sival. A dislike for a mans arogance is fine by me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Mans Series - Silverstone   

Back to top Go down

Le Mans Series - Silverstone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2