Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:13 am

Quote :
The podium finishers in the San Marino MotoGP race paid tribute to Shoya Tomizawa after the Japanese rider lost his life in a Moto2 crash, and said his death totally overshadowed their results.

The 19-year-old Moto2 frontrunner died in hospital at 14.20 local time, having suffered severe injuries when he fell amid the lead pack and was struck by two other bikes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86412

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=84848333784

looked a bad crash from what i saw of it, (i don't watch Moto-GP but it was just on)

i have to say though the marshalls were useless & i was surprised that the race wasn't stopped, Shoya seemed to be a good up & coming young rider from what little i know of him.

R.I.P

Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:18 am

I felt it was bad as soon as it happened, reminded me alot of the Craig Jones WSS incident in 2008.

The worse thing about this is the way it has been handled, the race should of been red flagged for a start, and the way the riders were just thrown onto the stretchers was a disgrace. Also, the Rossi fans who booed Lorenzo on the podium are a fucking disgrace, i dont particularly like riders being booed anyway, but in these circumstances its a disgrace.

RIP Shoya #48.

He had a great future ahead of him.

Thanks for linking the Facebook group, was wondering if one had been set up

I think this sums it up, taken from Alex Briggs (One of Rossi's mechanics) twitter

"The thing that makes this sport so exciting is the same thing that makes it suck. cheers & RIP Tomizawa"
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:31 am

I couldn't belive it wasn't red flag, when i heard it wasn't.

smith wrote:
the Rossi fans who booed Lorenzo on the podium are a fucking disgrace, i dont particularly like riders being booed anyway, but in these circumstances its a disgrace.

That reminds of what john Hindy said. About le mans went the 2009 the peugeot team were cheering went the Audi crashed out its just not sporting....

But in these circumstances is just wrong and people should be a shame.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 am

I haven't seen watched the race, i've justed watch 125, i think i'm not going to now.

Sad

Rest in Peace Shoya you'll be very missed
Back to top Go down
MotorracingP
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:30 am

i have seen the crash. it was horrible. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/MotorracingP
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 am

Gutted. Sad

Been stuck at work so missed the races live. Just been watching it on sky+. I cannot believe what I've just seen today. I feared the worst as soon as I seen it, Poor Reading had no chance of avioding him. The marshals need punished for the way that was handled. I cannot believe that wasn't red flagged. As soon as a bike or rider is left on the track a Reg flag comes out straight away - Why has it not this time?.

As some of you may know, I love my Japanese riders/Drivers, So this has really upset me. As it would with any rider.

My thoughts are very much with his family and friends at this time. These past couple of weeks have shown. We may take it a bit for granted now,but Motor racing is still very much dangerous.

Sadly the last death in the Moto GP package was another Japanese Rider in Dajirro Kato.

RIP. Shoya Tomizawa
Back to top Go down
Cerca Trova
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 am

Poor Scott Redding, I'm not how anyone could be the same after something like that.

I can't quite believe it's true. I've checked about 5 time makes sure i'm not dreaming. Sadly it's still true every time. Sad
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:34 am

I had Twitter open while i was watching the racing, hoping for some positive news, then it came out he was in a coma, which was bad but it meant he was still alive so i tried to be hopeful, and then a report came through from a Spanish website saying he hadnt made it. I hoped it wasnt true, and was just the Spanish jumping the gun, but then more sources were reporting it and it was confirmed. The MotoGP race meant jack shit after that

Look at the top 2 topics in the bike section Sad I hate this sport at times
Back to top Go down
Big-AL
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 am

Quote :
On Sunday 5th September during the Moto2 race at the Misano World Circuit, rider Shoya Tomizawa aged 19 suffered a serious crash and subsequent cranial, thoracic and abdominal trauma.

Given the seriousness of his condition - especially for the thoracic and abdominal trauma - Tomizawa was immediately treated at the Misano World Circuit medical centre and put under artificial respiration.

The rider was taken by ambulance to the Riccione hospital accompanied by two doctors - helicopter was not used in order to allow for the proper respiratory support to be administered. Despite various attempts to resuscitate him Shoya sadly succumbed to his injuries at 14.20.

moto-gp

you can send your condolence messages for Shoya Tomizawa’s family and friends via > http://www.motogp.com/en/contact/tributetotomizawa

Quote :
Tomizawa’s accident explained by Race Direction

Race Director Paul Butler, the FIM’s Claude Danis, Safety Officer Franco Uncini, Doctor Claudio Macchiagodena of the Clinica Mobile, and Javier Alonso from Dorna were present at a press conference in which they each made statements following the tragic death of Shoya Tomizawa following a crash in the Moto2 race at Misano.

Claudio Macchiagodena: “We want to speak about the accident today, a very bad accident involving three riders who crashed and who immediately had serious problems. One of the riders, Alex de Angelis, got up. The second rider (Scott Redding) had no problem. One was very serious, and as you know this was Shoya Tomizawa. Immediately the first idea I think is if it’s possible to stop the race because it’s dangerous, but the people with the stretcher immediately arrived and when you remove the rider from the track for my medical decision I do not ask Race Direction for the red flag because this does not help my job, because we delay the intervention for the ambulance. Behind the track protection we had one ambulance with the respirator inside and we started immediately all the intensive care for him. I didn’t ask for the red flag because I didn’t need it. After the rider came to the medical centre I had some people asking me why it took a lot of time. The intensive care started behind the protection of the track. Normally when you have a broken arm the ambulance is the same as a taxi, where you put the rider inside and send him quickly. Now it was very important to have the ventilation and two doctors. When he arrived at the medical centre his condition was critical, and we continued the intensive care. We had a lot of doctors but the situation was critical, we had a process for respiration. We checked an abdominal trauma with the scanner because it was a very serious situation not just for the cranial trauma, but for the chest and abdominal. more here >moto-gp

Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:34 am

Reading some of the quotes by riders, team managers etc. Am not ashamed to admit it, I've had tears down my cheek.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05092010/23/tributes-paid-shoya-tomizawa.html
Back to top Go down
Petronas Syntium
The Guvenor!
The Guvenor!

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 am

What a tragic death, its always horrible when a motor racing rider/driver gets killed - but this guy is so young. pale

Back to top Go down
http://racing.forumotion.co.uk
Laker
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:40 am

Tragic, truly tragic. Not much to add to the above really but things like this and young Surtees' incident really remind you that this is a dangerous sport - but it is also why we watch it, it's the appeal.

Having seen the accident, the "good thing" is that Tomizawa would have been killed almost instantly so would have not been in pain. But this is a small positive in what is in all honesty a travesty.

Back to top Go down
boyhitscarpimp
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:41 am

Just got back to b&b from Knockhill, very sad to hear this news, condolences to family and friends.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Cheif Designer
Cheif Designer

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 am

Smith wrote:
The worse thing about this is the way it has been handled, the race should of been red flagged for a start, and the way the riders were just thrown onto the stretchers was a disgrace. Also, the Rossi fans who booed Lorenzo on the podium are a fucking disgrace, i dont particularly like riders being booed anyway, but in these circumstances its a disgrace.

They didn't know apparently. The news had only filtered through when the MotoGP race had just finished, so not everyone knew what had happened.

I remember watching, and then simply turning away in anguish as it all happened in that instant.

The way it was handled was appalling. It should've been a red flag situation instantly, not a 5-minute rush job just so the racing could continue. You'd think with the amount of effort that goes into health & safety these days in motorsport, they'd at least do their job properly.

Such a loss is horrible to bear, and all condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP Shoya. Sad
Back to top Go down
Nismo
Technical Director
Technical Director

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:32 am

A nice video on MotoGP.com

http://www.motogp.com/ja/videos/2010/Shoya+on+the+track+and+beyond+we+will+always+follow+your+line

Back to top Go down
DTM Deano
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:02 am

Yep it was a shocking incident, and you have to feel for poor Scott and Alex as well.

Good to see that the tributes have been flooding in for another talent lost too soon.

R.I.P. Shoya
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/deano190
Steven_85
Team Principal
Team Principal

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:59 am

Toby Moody's thoughts about Shoya-san.

http://www.autosport.com/features/article.php/id/3031
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today    

Back to top Go down

Shoya Tomizawa crash at Misano today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1